The rise of antisemitism in the Democrat party

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 05:06 am
This thread is going very well.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:23 am
I put this elsewhere but it is obviously relevant here so let's add it.
We have an opportunity right now to watch a propaganda initiative ramp up in real time.

Prior to less than a week ago, you will not have seen the term "Jexodus". Suddenly, it is a burning subject on Fox, in Trump's tweets and in other right wing outlets. There is already one thread here pushing the story.

It claims to be a "movement" of Jews leaving the Dem party because Dems are anti-Jew. It is a campaign which has been developed to take advantage (it is hoped) of a Dem freshman congressperson's statement re AIPAC's influence.

Quote:
On Tuesday morning, “Fox & Friends” did a segment on this newest faux-movement, which in turn led the President of the United States, a huge fan of that TV show’s chipper racism, to tweet about it at length. Jexodus was embodied by the doe-eyed Elizabeth Pipko, a 23-year-old former Trump campaign staffer, Jexodus’s “national spokesperson.” She has excellent eyebrows and two self-published books of poetry (“Just the thought of failure brings me to tears/And the thought of someone witnessing it, brings out my biggest fears,” reads one poem from her first collection, “Sweet Sixteen”).

...Per conservative news site the Daily Wire, Jexodus is the brainchild of 56-year-old Republican strategist Jeff Ballabon, a longtime operative who, among other dubious achievements, lobbied the RNC to include language in its 2016 platform that dropped support for a two-state solution and rejected “the false notion that Israel is an occupier.” (On the website for his firm, B2 Strategic, Ballabon quotes none other than Watergate-burglary mastermind G. Gordon Liddy to cast himself as a samurai for Israel: “If Akira Kurosawa did a movie about Israel, Jeff would play one of the leading roles.”)

https://www.gq.com/story/gop-jexodus

More on Jeff Ballabon from wikipedia

Quote:
Jeff (Jeffrey) Ballabon is an American media executive, lobbyist for Israel, political advisor, and consultant.

...During law school, he interned at the State of Israel's Ministry of Justice,

...Ballabon was heavily involved with the election campaigns of George W. Bush and with the Bush administration. He has been involved as well in a number of House and Senate election campaigns, including John Ashcroft, Sam Brownback, Rick Santorum, and Bob Turner, and was a surrogate for the Mitt Romney campaign. As a fund-raiser for the 2004 Bush campaign, he co-chaired a dinner that reportedly "raked in $4 million".

Ballabon was a prominent supporter of Donald Trump's candidacy.[5][6] He led the 2016 initiative to change the Republican Party's platform language on Israel[7][8][9] and worked closely with the Trump campaign on its Israel policy.[10] Since the election, Ballabon has been an advisor to Donald J Trump for President and appears on media as a Trump surrogate.[11]

More at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Ballabon

He has also worked to discredit Walt and Mearsheimer's research on AIPAC and to discredit J Street (he of course notes it has funding from Soros).
oralloy

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:31 am
@blatham,
The left's antisemitism is truly horrible.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
President Trump and the attacks in New Zealand having nothing to do with the point of this post. Please stay on topic or leave and go away. When you engage in whataboutism, everyone can see that you are a filthy liar who has no interest in being constructive. The tactic you are trying is very transparent, and has been used by weak minded liars every day. There are many bigots here in this post who have exposed themselves including you. And we can all see the hypocrisy of the left's bigotry. The democrats claim to be the party of inclusion, but they only want token minorities to use them as a weapon and a shield. Much like slaves on a plantation. The democrats are intolerant. The political left is the racist faction in this country, and after learning about how the KKK party was started by and supported by the democrat party, I am not surprised. At least be honest and admit that you are a disgusting racist. You can lie to others, but when you lie to yourself, you know that you are a liar.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:11 am
@blatham,
So, do you see now why this is an important issue? Jexodus is happening because the democrat party is shielding anti- Semitic bigots like Omar and Talhib and endorsing Louis Farrakhan and Linda Sarsour. Just as before you saw groups like gay people leaving the democrat party in droves, using the #walkaway hashtag to point out that the democrat party only uses minorities as tokens and pawns, and only cares about obtaining political power by claiming to be inclusive.
glitterbag

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:29 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
You’re getting sloppy, this latest foray into fevered disinformation contains way too many rookie mistakes. Tsk Tsk Tsk tovarish
izzythepush

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 12:23 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
https://alchetron.com/cdn/roger-mellie-89bd9f4d-ca19-4720-8ee6-3cf50c6da1e-resize-750.jpeg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 12:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Some good news is that Salisbury has been declared free of terrorist Russia's poisons.

Still a total pain to drive through though.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:22 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Your reading and thinking skills are in quite perfect correspondence with your abilities to persuade.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:25 pm
Quote:
Violent Far-Right White Radicalism
We’re digging into the details of this horrific massacre that unfolded overnight (US time) in New Zealand. There is a 74 page manifesto in which the alleged killer described his aims, motivations, etc. There are some oddities to the document in that it combines explicit declarations of support for some of the most notorious racist, anti-immigrant murderers of the early 21st century. It is also filled with some of what we might commonly on social media call trolling, sarcastically or provocatively overstated comments. We shouldn’t see this as in conflict. It’s a mode of expression deeply rooted in the subculture. But I want to take some time to describe how deeply tied this killer’s worldview, politics and aims are rooted in the rightist anti-immigrant politics which are now mainstreamed in the United States

This shooter is someone who is immersed in the great arc of anti-immigrant, racist hyper-nationalist discourse and paramilitary violence ranging from the rightist parties of Europe, various mass murderers like Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik to the white supremacist and neo-Nazi subculture we have come to know so well in the US. Charlottesville, Pittsburgh, Charleston. Dylann Roof’s massacre gets explicit reference as an inspiration and antecedent for this massacre.

The language of ‘replacement’ is the centerpiece – the idea that white Christians with low birthrates are being replaced by non-white immigrants with higher birthrates. This is literally the language of Steve King. He’s alluded to it and discussed it numerous times, both explicitly and implicitly. He discussed it at length in this interview with a far-right newspaper in Austria. Other far-right Republican officeholders do the same.

If you look at the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre shooter, he was of course attacking Jews. But his actual theory (not his alone of course but the one he embraced) was that Jews were a non-Christian force organizing the importation of non-white immigrants into the United States. He focused in the immediate sense on the caravans the right wing media was then whipping up hysteria about and conspiracy theories about George Soros funding them. But the concept is widespread. Jews want to destroy “white civilization” and they are doing so by importing immigrants of color to overwhelm native whites with higher birthrates.

Anti-Semitic attacks were a major part of the Charlottesville ‘Unite The Right’ march. But we should remember that it was anti-Semitism interwoven with ‘Great Replacementism’. Remember the chant at Charlottesville: “Jews will not replace us“.

I could cite numerous other examples of the pervasiveness of the idea. What is more significant is how the general ‘replacementist’ ideology without the explicit anti-Semitism and with the racism slightly more muted is the common language of the far right across Europe and North America and is core to Trump political movement here in the United States.
Josh Marshall, Editor Talking Points Memo, Jew
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:30 pm
Quote:
How white identity politics will shape the GOP’s future

The manifesto left by the alleged shooter in the horrific mosque attack in New Zealand contained one mention of Donald Trump, in which the man expresses mixed support for our president. “As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no."

We don’t know what policies he was referring to, but for the moment I want to consider that “white identity” part, as it applies to both the present and the future of American politics.

Let’s add in this fascinating report by Astead Herndon in the New York Times, about how the Trumpian politics of polarization and racial grievance has come to define Republicans even in the most local races
Paul Waldman at the Washington Post, Jew
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:35 pm
Quote:
Trump and the GOP are trying to make ‘Jexodus’ happen, but most Jews still vote Democratic

...But polling data and experts interviewed by The Washington Post do not show a Jewish exodus from the Democratic Party in the Trump years. They show a demographic group that continues to vote at exceedingly high rates for Democrats — as it has for decades. That number actually ticked up when Trump was elected, with 71 percent voting for Hillary Clinton and only 24 percent voting for him in 2016.
Eli Rosenberg at the Washington Post, Jew

0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 10:36 pm
First of all, I want to point out that the shooter in New Zealand today wrote in his manifesto, that the entire point of his attack was meant to ignite tension between the right and left sides of the political parties specifically in America, but also broadly in the entire western world.

He explained that they carried out the attack in a very specific way, to provoke the media to call for gun control, and blame the right wing politicians for inciting the violence.

And the media has been doing exactly what these evil people want them to do. I have seen on all democrat network news broadcasts today, that they have tried to say that this tragedy happened because of president Trump.

This attack occurred in New Zealand, not the United States. This had nothing to do with president Trump or the NRA. The NRA doesn't even exist in New Zealand.

Today in the comments section of a news article on facebook, I noticed one of many, many people ranting about how "most violence comes from white, Christian men."

I responded with one simple comment "9/11/2001, never forget."

This person reported my comment for hate speech. My comment was removed, my account was given a suspension, and I was given no opportunity to even appeal it. Meanwhile, speech that is actual hate speech has been littered upon social media all day. But that true hate speech has not, and will not be removed, because it falls in line ideologically with the political left and the democrat party.

The democrat party is diseased and very sinister. And because they control not only the media, but also social media, freedom of speech is being torn away from the American people. And the saddest thing is, that the sheep who drink the mind poison that the media produces are ensuring their own enslavement. Because the ruling class is using the democrat voters, the poor and working class people as puppets. Once they've silenced the conservatives, which is their plan, they will eventually come for the sheep, and the sheep will get the knife as well.

I weep for this country. Such a beautiful place that I owe so much to. I had never experienced what true hope felt like until I came here. Now I fear that hope may be gone, not just for myself, but for everyone with a dissenting voice. A horrifying fate that does not befit the good people of this country, and all they have done for the rest of the world.
neptuneblue

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:03 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
So, a white supremacist takes out 49 people and the only thing you're concerned about is...sticking it to democrats?

Your values are mis-aligned.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Your values are mis-aligned.

I read the manifesto, did you?

You and others like you are playing exactly into what these sick people wanted
neptuneblue

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:10 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I'm not the one pitting one group against another. You are.

Stop.

Stop the hate.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
I'm not the one pitting one group against another. You are.

I am doing no such thing.

You speak of hate. Where are you to chastise those here who have hatefully mocked my English?

I have a question for you. Do you believe president Trump is responsible for the attack in New Zealand? Yes or no.
neptuneblue

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:24 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
No, Trump isn't responsible for the attack in New Zealand.

Reprehensibility and responsibility lies solely on the perpetrators.

Just as I hold YOU responsible for attacking one political party of the U.S.

If you continue to talk the talk, then you get the label as a hater.

Own it.

Don't be like Trump.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:29 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Just as I hold YOU responsible for attacking one political party of the U.S.

Only ONE political party is trying to crush dissenting speech in this country.

An attack on the first amendment is an attack on all citizens of the U.S. , regardless of political affiliation. That makes those who attack it an enemy of the people.

Do you think that conservatives like Tucker Carlson should be silenced?

Do you think my comment "9/11/2001, never forget." should've been removed, while others who blamed all violence on a specific race and gender are allowed to remain?
neptuneblue

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:37 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I disagree with your assessment.

Maybe you should read the 1st amendment, then apply the concepts.

I have no reason to think Tucker Carlson should be censored, shock jocks are a dime a dozen. Maybe he should join Sirius Radio with Howard Stern. I'm sure they'd get along famously, in the gutter.

I don't need to be reminded of 9/11. Lived through it once, and still am. But thank you for your insensitivity about people's pain and suffering.