Self Fullfilling Prophecy In Action

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:14 am
1. Take a group or organization pretty much despised.

2. Take a nation you have already decided you are going to attack.

3. Tie that nation to that group with a carefully thought out campaign of
spoken word and print blitz.

4. Bomb that country into the stone age and be sure and have rotating good and noble reasons for it.

5. In the resulting chaos the original despised group will come around and seize on your actions to gain a strong foothold in the country you've reduced to rubble and terrorist actions will ensue.

6. Self righteously exclaim "You see, I told you these guys were operating together.

7. Now you are justified.

Pretty effective strategy. Not smart, but these days you don't have to be smart to get over. No one's paying attention. After all, American Idol is on tonight.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7572161/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 21
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:31 am
Interesting how you conviently do not include the prior treaty violations, the actions leading up to that treaty and the continued efforts to rebuild their arsenal out of your "logic" flow.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:38 am
Interesting that those things are not part of the line we were fed for the reason to go to this slaughter disguised as a righteous war until after the original reasons shoved down our throat were proven to be crap.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:53 am
Interesting also that the latter, about continued efforts, is false.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:56 am
You have a short memory or just continue to ignore the facts.

I recall Colin Powell addressing each and every issue stated to the UN (yes, in addition to silly photos).

Be reminded...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/20030205-1.html

"Last November 8, this council passed Resolution 1441 by a unanimous vote. The purpose of that resolution was to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction. Iraq had already been found guilty of material breach of its obligations, stretching back over 16 previous resolutions and 12 years. "

After all this time, you and your fellow Bushwackers continue to use this tired old "mantra" while ignoring the reality.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:58 am
Like you woiyo, I reserve the right to cling desperately to my beliefs in my declining years Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
Quote:
"Last November 8, this council passed Resolution 1441 by a unanimous vote. The purpose of that resolution was to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction. Iraq had already been found guilty of material breach of its obligations, stretching back over 16 previous resolutions and 12 years. "

Yes, and the resolution was apparently successful, as we didn't find any WMD when we went to go look. Your point is?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:26 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Yes, and the resolution was apparently successful, as we didn't find any WMD when we went to go look. Your point is?

Cycloptichorn

What happened to the weapons? He was in fault, remember the missles he was producing?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

What happened to the weapons? He was in fault, remember the missles he was producing?

according to who? Fox News?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:38 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

You continue to ignore all the facts and this is really a tired old argument.

There was more to it than WMD AS YOU WELL KNOW but continue to ignore.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:43 pm
we finally agree woiyo.

In addition to the WMD lie there was

1. Getting military bases in the Middle East
2. Getting a foothold into Iraq Oil fields
3. Scare the American public and whip them into a fey mood to give four more years to the power mad group currently working feverishly to de construct the USA we grew up in.
4. Make their business partners and themselves even more wealthy.

We are in agreement woiyo, someone inform the media.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:44 pm
The point never was to find WMD, whether by the "Inspectors" or otherwise; the point always was that Sadaam was obliged, on pain of military intervention, to account for known stocks of WMD, known WMD production and plannin' capability, and to demonstrate, voluntarily and conclusively that all such had been disposed of or terminated in satisfactory manner. That he never did. He bought what he got. Only one person had the power to prevent the invasion of Iraq. That person now sits in a jail cell and awaits trial in Iraq.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:47 pm
timberlandko wrote:
The point never was to find WMD, whether by the "Inspectors" or otherwise; the point always was that Sadaam was obliged to account for known stocks of WND, known WMD production and plannin' capability, and to demonstrate, voluntarily and conclusively that all such had been disposed of ot terminated in satisfactory manner. That he never did.

These Bushwackers and pacifists are not interested in actual facts such as you post Timberlake.

They just like to repeat themselves so often that maybe they can convince others . The last election proves that they can not convince others.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:55 pm
So what happened to the known stocks of WMD's?

I don't recall them finding any of those either.

And what known WMD production was uncovered?

As for pacifists which you use as a dirty word, I have said before and I say again that any big tough guy or gal is welcome to come on this pacifists property to test out how big a pushover I am but I'd carb up first. :wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:55 pm
That's timberlandko, or timber, not "Timberlake". And damn - I wish I was quicker at spottin' and correctin' typos - its embarrassin' to have an original quited before I post the correction Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:58 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
So what happened to the known stocks of WMD's?

I don't recall them finding any of those either.

And what known WMD production was uncovered?

Precisely - very worrisome. Obviously, the job of resolvin' the issue is far from over. They were there, they aren't, no explanation is evident.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:01 pm
Here's an explanation: They got rid of them, exactly as they said they did.

I know this one doesn't fit into yer plan, but, it IS an explanation. A simple one, as well.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:09 pm
Cyc, even if that is what happened, that fails to meet the accountability clause - the point of the whole deal. That still there is question is justification in and of itself for havin' taken action to attempt to resolve the issue.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:21 pm
Nah, gonna have to disagree with ya there, Timber.

I find it funny in the extreme that many of the Conservatives here continually and constantly deride the UN, and yet hold them up as justification for our actions. Which one is it? Does the UN have authority or not?

Saddam said he destroyed the WMD; the fact that he isn't a fan of the UN doesn't change this in the slightest; this conclusion is supported by the fact that we didn't find any. And don't try to make it out that we didn't think we would, either. You know as well as I do that they fully expected to find stocks of WMD when they entered Iraq, or have them used against us; or they lied bodly to the American people, because that's sure what they said for a long time.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:32 pm
The UN abdicated its authority, and continues at dizzyin' pace to further discredit itself as a legimate body of any sort. And of course we expected to find WMD and associated capability; no evidence of their disposal ever was presented, contrary to the mandate re-itterated over nearly a score of Chapter VII UN Security Council Resolutions spannin' more than a decade. That the issue of what happened to them remains unresolved is of monumental significance, and entirely justifies the military intervention. The liberation of 25 Million people and sendin' ripples of democracy throughout the region was just a bonus.
0 Replies