How do I find my Father

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 03:02 pm
Brunette--

A2K doesn't specialize in finding missing people, but if someone is interested in helping you, they would need a great deal more information.

Your father's name.
Occupation.
Area last seen.
Does he have brothers and sisters? What part of the country did he come from?
How old is he?

Finding your father is not going to automatically, magically fill the hole in your heart. Besides, would you really want to fill the hole in your heart with such a selfish, self-centered man?
0 Replies

brunette2840

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 12:49 pm
Finding my father
So again. i will give the most info i know. His name is james michael mattison. He is i think 40. he might still be married to nance. He has one brother named john. his parents are dead. if you need a lil more info i will try my hardest to provide you with it. thanx for everything.
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 01:29 am
Missing my father
I am emotionally devastated. I was in a dumptruck accident with my father a while back. It killed five people. It was the one on I-44. My fathers name was Thomas Miskel. You may look up the accident. But don't believe the stories. They were not in the damn truck. They have no clue what they are saying. He did brake. BEFORE and after. Its hard to stop with 50,000lbs of rock. Anyway. I have not heard from him for about 3 years. He got out of jail then. I heard from him alittle then and saw him a couple times. But other than that. I have not seen or heard from him. I haven't gotten any mail from Heritage House, to see my sister, from him to see her or me. I am 18 now so I do not have to worry about it. I want to know where he is. I want to see him. I grew up with him and he was my buddy. I never got any friends. He was really my only friend. I have tried all sorts of different searches. I am not paying $50 for a service that I will use once either. I just want to find him.

~Tony Miskel
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 05:41 am
Have you thought about getting in touch with the driver's license division of the state you think he lives in?
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 05:58 am
He can no longer drive in the trucking department. And I do not know if he even still lives in MO. Besides. I do not know how to get in touch with the drivers license division.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 06:21 am
call information for the number
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:09 am
Then you can contact the jail

most of the time.. especially if he has probation to complete.. or has to register as some kind of offender.. they have to have an address to release him to.

not ALWAYS..but chances are pretty good that they might. Especially if he owes the jail money.. for uniforms.. medical care.. etc..
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:33 am
He is out of jail and on probation last I heard. And they had not assigned him to any location. I just don't know what to do. Whats this information number?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 12:00 pm
how do you know they have not given him a location yet?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 12:32 pm
I think most states have a website for the Department of Motor Vehicles or the Motor Vehicle Department, or similar name. Of course the number is listed under the state government in the phone book, but the websites I've read seem generally very informative, and may have some specific number to call that would be more useful than the main number.
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 01:11 pm
Because I did get to talk to him twice after he got out of jail. He told me that he was good to go except for probation. He said that they didn't assign him anywhere so he was going to try and see us. Thank you ossobuco.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 03:55 pm
hmm...

I was hoping it was someone in charge of something who told you that.. I was going to suggest going back to them..

So.. if you donot know WHERE he is now.. try asking the office about his last known address.
The address he was at /used/ referred to / when he was arrested.

If there was no change of address, and he was allowed to be released on probation ( which.. if you dont have an address for, you can not get ) maybe they just used what ever address he had as a default.
Look for the office that would serve that address
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 03:56 pm
I bet he's in Cleveland.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:22 pm
if you are looking for anything at all , the local library can usually give good advice on what websites to use or what services might be available to help in many situations .
our local librarians are very good at ferreting out information "at no cost to the user" !
hbg
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:41 pm
I have tried his old address. Someone else has lived there since he went to jail. Obviously a while back lol. I do not think he is in Cleveland. Stop messing around man. Anyway. I will try the library. Thanks for the info.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:47 pm
Im sorry.
I dont mean to literally go back to the address he had..

I mean.. go to what ever probation OFFICE that would serve that address.

Sorry I was not very clear about that.

Usually, an office serves about..5 zip codes? Depending on the size of the city. That office , if he did NOT change the address from the day he was arrested , -will- have information about him.

They will know where he transfered to because they will have a record of this.

Will they just tell you this information?
Eh.. probably not sadly.

And I understand you not wanting to invest any money in this.. because it will be along shot no matter what you do.. but from the sounds of it, there may not be a way around this.

I would not truly advise signing up for one of those search sites.

I had to spend several months hunting down my ex husband after not hearing from him, not seeing him, and not having any contact with him or his family for almost 8 years.
I spent almost 100.00 on those sites. And nothing.

Even though i have his social, I have his families address, AND a couple last known places.. those sites turned up nothing that I already did not know.

Go to a lawyer.
A simple, short letter will be enough.

Sometimes, for the fee of a consultation, they can tell you exactly what to do.
0 Replies

OrbitingIce

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 08:02 pm
Thank you. Thank you so much. You have been a great help.
0 Replies

TheRealest

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:48 am
Re: Missing my father
OrbitingIce wrote:
I am emotionally devastated. I was in a dumptruck accident with my father a while back. It killed five people. It was the one on I-44. My fathers name was Thomas Miskel. You may look up the accident. But don't believe the stories. They were not in the damn truck. They have no clue what they are saying. He did brake. BEFORE and after. Its hard to stop with 50,000lbs of rock. Anyway. I have not heard from him for about 3 years. He got out of jail then. I heard from him alittle then and saw him a couple times. But other than that. I have not seen or heard from him. I haven't gotten any mail from Heritage House, to see my sister, from him to see her or me. I am 18 now so I do not have to worry about it. I want to know where he is. I want to see him. I grew up with him and he was my buddy. I never got any friends. He was really my only friend. I have tried all sorts of different searches. I am not paying $50 for a service that I will use once either. I just want to find him. Tony I need to find you and i really don't know how to do this thing.. But this is your older sister Samantha.. PLEASE contact me [email protected].. We can try and find him together.. I want to find him to.. Please Tony

~Tony Miskel
0 Replies

rlstrz35

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 07:33 pm
My mother and my dad passed away . Its only my boys and my brother. My biological father came back into my life and my sons and then vanished!!! I am 38 and have no parents or grandparents or great grand parents for my kids. I need to find out how to find him. I have 4 step siblings that I cant find. I need the info. for my boys!!!! How can I obtain it for free or low cost? I have tried everything that I can think of! I dont want to leave them with no family!!! I'm not in the best health and need for them to know they wont be alone
0 Replies

keithnunez78

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:59 pm
@jilly1007,
i was looking at your reply about helping some one find there dad u say u have net detective and offered to help i pray everyday one day i will meet my real dad its a emptyness inside if u still have net detective plz plz help me my email is
[email protected] please help
0 Replies