How do I find my Father

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 12:49 pm
I am trying to find a way to locate my father's address for free online... Does anyone know how to do this? I live in MA and he lives in TN.. I've talked to him but I want to write to him and I sometimes wonder if i\he nis lying to me.. please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 33 • Views: 82,489 • Replies: 77
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 12:50 pm
anywho.com is a free one.
yellowpages.com
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 12:52 pm
Tried them both but he is unlisted
0 Replies

jilly1007

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:24 pm
I have Net Detective Plus, I bought it for $29.00, not sure yet if it is worth it! The problem is that most sites want a fee, intelius-usually $7.00+/- unless the information is in the white pages. I am not sure if you want me to try for you but you can e-mail me if you want and I can try it since I already paid for the darn program, I look people up all of the time, sort of a hit miss type of deal sometimes though([email protected]) if you would like me to give it a shot.
jilly1007
Crazielady420

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:41 am
I have his cell # if that helps...

Thank you for your offer Jilly, Let me think it over!!
0 Replies

TeeEll

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 05:58 pm
Hi: I'm new here, but wish I'd seen this post earlier. There's a website called zabasearch.com which is providing people with free information about others that they're looking for. But it is only free until the end of April (which is today); maybe they'll carry over the free access until May??? Who knows.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:07 pm
I don't think you'll be able to do it for free, but there is a company that can "ping" a cell-phone and then triangulate signals to get a rough idea of where the cell-phone is located at that very moment. It could cost about $200. Here is their website: ICU
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:10 pm
I just learned about this site....................and found some interesting people from my past! :wink:

http://www.zabasearch.com/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:29 pm
Ooooh. I looked myself up there. Hmmm. Some of it is correct. I seem to have been born several times, the last one being quite an age improvement over my real one. There are phone numbers listed that I'd completely forgotten..
0 Replies

irishred1955

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:08 am
Re: How do I find my Father
Just a suggestion, but it works for me....try this site:

www.whitepages.com and good luck!
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 03:29 am
Does anyone know of a European equivalent?

Thanks for any advice,

Peace,
E
0 Replies

irishred1955

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:01 am
How Do I Find My Father
For the person who wanted to know if Europe has the equivilent to the American White Pages, the answer is YES! Get on a search engine, such as Google, and enter White Pages Europe and many sites will come up...just take you pick and try as many as you need. Hope this helps!
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:24 am
Thanks,

E
0 Replies

irishred1955

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:04 am
Glad to help; hope you find what you need.
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:20 pm
ja
aas
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:29 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I just learned about this site....................and found some interesting people from my past! :wink:

http://www.zabasearch.com/

Interesting
0 Replies

Katz23338

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:37 pm
Please Help me Locate my Father
Please i really need something to help me find my father and i need answers because i can't take it anymore. I am a girl that needs a father. I need to talk to him in someway but I'm afraid he will hurt me like he did when i was a child. I need some help with finding him and i don't want to have to buy anything to find it either. If someone could help me please i would be very appreciated. It's just hard for a girl to live without a father right now... Crying or Very sad
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:57 am
Katz23338- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

There are two separate issues here. One is the actual act of looking for your father, which is the easy part. As we have noted in this thread, there are numerous places where you can start to look. www.zabasearch.com is a good site. There are many "white pages" sites that you can look at.

The second is your apparent neediness in finding a father. I have no idea of the particulars of your history, but it sounds like it was a stormy one. If you are considering looking for this man, you need to consider first that he may not want to have contact with you. If he hurt you badly in the past, why do you think that things would be any different now?

I think that it would be a good idea if you thought this whole thing through before you attempted to find him. Good luck!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:50 am
Katz--

Welcome to A2K.

One of the hardest facts of life to comprehend is that while you can be hurt--and badly hurt--by other people, healing comes only from yourself.

If your father had broken your leg, you'd be the person that would have to grow new bone.

Your father evidently inflicted considerable damage on your spirit. He can't fix this. Only you can heal yourself.

Expecting someone else to do this is asking for disappointment and more pain.

How old are you? How does your mother feel about you wanting to see your father? How old were you when you saw him last?
0 Replies

brunette2840

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 02:17 pm
Need Help
OK i am trying to find my dad. He left when i was 9. I think he is still married to Nance Lee. She is i think 56. But I would like to get a closure on why he left and turned over his rights when we went into foster care. All the info people are giving me does not help. I dont know that much about computers and I dont want to have to buy something just to get a phone # or a adress. so if anyone wants to get me something for christmas. help me find my dad.
0 Replies