aidan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
I like the Petit Ecolier because they come in those handy single serving, one pound packages.

Exactly Setanta - unlike oreos or chip a hoys- where if you get on a roll, you can ingest something like fifty cookies in one sitting - petite ecolier have kind of a built in safety feature - you can eat a whole box of
and still say you only ate nine or twelve cookies.

Thin mints (from the girl scouts) are another dangerous binge cookie. Each sleeve has something like 800 calories (and when I was pregnant, it was not unusual for me to eat a whole sleeve at one sitting). On the other hand, Tagalongs, the peanut butter-chocolate cookies, are a wise choice and just as satisfying for the chocolate lover, because I think that a whole box only has something like l6 or 20 cookies. I probably sound obsessive, but I know these facts from years of allowing myself just enough indulgences to keep myself from getting totally out of control and I firmly believe it's wise to inform yourself on these matters because what you don't know can hurt you." :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:01 pm
I don't like the girl scout cookies and luckily my daughter didn't want to join the girl scouts, so I was spared to eat them Laughing

I always figure, if I do ingest those humongous calories, let it be at least something worthwhile.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:10 pm
Really - you don't like them? Unfortunately for me - having sold them and eaten them every year since I was about eight- they've become a yearly ritual. I also try to eat only those excess calories that are really, really worth it and thin mints and tagalongs make the grade. I just schedule a few extra bike rides in March - when they're delivered. In fact, I was just thinking tonight that this is the first year I won't have them. My daughter is in girl guides over here and I asked her to ask her leader why they don't sell the cookies...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:11 pm
My favorite candy bar right now would be the one in my mouth...if I had one...which I wish I did.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:15 pm
aiden that's a good thing - I'll leave all girl scout cookies
to you Wink

I'm more into real chocolate than cookies, which is bad
enough <sigh> I haven't met a chocolate bar I didn't like Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:40 am
Since no-one obviously offers even a small piece of any chocolade here - may I invite you to a nice museum, the Chocolate Wrappers Museum ?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:10 am
Skor
Coffee Crisp (Canadian bar)
Cadbury bars with fruits and nuts
Hershey's with almonds

When I lived in the states I use to love the Heath bars.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:12 am
Butterfinger
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:37 pm
your favorite chocolate bar
http://www.demel.at/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/10_0.jpg

here you go. plenty for everyone; please pass the DEMEL KOFFER (suitcase) around. it's from demel in vienna and i can personally vouch for it. hbg

(do i hear some slobbering ?)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:41 pm
Oh drool!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:47 pm
Re: your favorite chocolate bar
hamburger wrote:
http://www.demel.at/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/10_0.jpg

here you go. plenty for everyone; please pass the DEMEL KOFFER (suitcase) around. it's from demel in vienna and i can personally vouch for it. hbg

(do i hear some slobbering ?)

Chocolate...yum!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:50 pm
You are an evil man, Hamburger . . .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:54 pm
He indeed is! Demel is just about as good as it gets.
One a weekend in Vienna you can gain 10 lbs. just eating
Sacher Torte and Demel goodies. <sigh>
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:57 pm
chocolate
i'm sure you all know about the important health-benefits of CHOCOLATE . so remember, you are NOT indulging, you are actually trying to maintain a healthy diet by gobbling up all that chocolate. if you need scientific evidence you may want to read the article, but why not simply enjoy (and the heck with the evidence). hbg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:29 pm
I have never tried Demel, but can imagine. This is what I've been indulging in lately.

http://www.coffeecompany.com.au/product_images/100Exel85Dark400.gif

Found them on sale for $2/bar.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:47 pm
cj, 85 % is quite high...too dark for me!

THere is a belgian chocolate with 100 % cocoa, but quite
expensive

http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_callebaut_dark100_block.html
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:51 pm
it's mrs h's favourite ! the only other 'sweet' she'd be willing to die for is marzipan, but is has to be from'niederegger' in luebeck/germany. on our visits to germany we usually manage to make a sidetrip to luebeck to indulge in marzipan-torte at niederegger's cafe and buy a few boxes of their marzipan - it's not as sweet/sugary as other marzipan one usually gets in north-america. hbg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:58 pm
That's my passion as well hamburger. I love Marzipan!!

But I'll go for the Mozartkugeln with Marzipan and hazelnut filling.....
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:27 am
cjhsa, very good choice! With red wine - delicious!

And the Demel Koffer - how wonderful is that?

Recently, I had to go to Brussels four times on business. We did assessment centers for four groups of young talents in our company. And every time, we got a nice big box of Belgium chocolates (Neuhaus). That stuff is sooo good!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:35 pm
Oooooooohhhhhh Chocolate!!!

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2004/12/what_registering_feels_like.jpg
0 Replies