Who are the Artists here?

coluber2001

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:56 am
ossobuco wrote:
And do you have a gallery for that?

Yes, it's called A2K, and it's quite successful.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:00 am
ossobuco wrote:
<Hey, Portal, long time no see...>

Hi Osso Smile. I've been really busy lately (rounding up my degree, applying to grad schools, planning future stuff), and I will be for another month or so. I hope you've been doing well.

welcome to the forums, Benjamino.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:04 am
Oooh, Coluber, I meant that semisnide comment for BVThrobber, in jest.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:20 am
I Hope it goes well for you Portal... I am thinking of applying for "Art School" here myself - because the French think I am "too creative" to actually earn a living from what I did in Sydney. (Whichis crap, I believe it is called foreigner discrimination just quietly)...

I am wracking my brain for what is the meaning of my real work and what I plan to do for the next two years at their school. Two YEARS! I can't plan like that!
Good luck, good luck to you!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:24 pm
Benconservato, pardon the sermon, but I find it best never to think in terms of the total time needed to achieve some goal. I think of one day at a time, one book to read, one paper to write, etc. etc. Pretty soon it's all done. One day, book or paper are small weights to carry; two years a real load. But it's all in the head, isn't it?. We are our own heaviest loads.
Amen
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 12:06 pm
yes, we are our heaviest load, I am aware of "my load" at the moment... it is in the head, I am trying to shake it.

I didn't think you were giving a sermon, but your opinion, everyone is entitled to their thoughts.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:44 am
that's good advice Ben - one day at a time. Go for it, start a course and tell yourself you can pack it in at any time and you'll have learnt stuff so it wouldn't be a 'failure' - you'll find that without that pressure to complete that you will and the 2 years will fly by. (that's how I handled doing my degree as a mature student with family and a part time job to juggle - thinking of the time needed when I started was just too scary)

It's nice to hear from Portal again - good luck with the grad school applications and your finals.

Please pm me those links?

oh the original question - I'm a painter and printmaker - I work in oils, mixed media, acrylics. watercolours. pastels. charcoal. pen and ink etc and etchings, linoprints. monotypes and collagraphs.

I've never tried sculpture. If I did I think it would have to be clay as I need to add and subtract constantly adjusting and doing that with woodcarving may be a little difficult Very Happy A couple of friends are very talented with wood carving.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:58 am
woodcarving is definately a talent!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:53 am
I've seen some untalented woodcarvers carve up lousy things. But you're right that it takes talent to do artistic woodcarving.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:48 am
I tried once, found after 20 minutes it was definately not my thing, and let it to the experts.
0 Replies