Where Have All the Terrorists Gone?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:43 pm
Quote:
Thats just plain silly.
Even if you are right,Bush is only in office for 8 years total.Or,are you suggesting that he will declare that there will be no new elections,EVER?
I seem to remember some democrats saying that before the 04 elections,and they were wrong.
So,since he is in office for a total of 8 years,how can he consolidate his power base?
After 08 he will have no power,no matter what he does now.

Man, you really are being dense today.

Bush is just a figurehead. Can't you see that? It doesn't matter who stands in front of the cameras, the power base remains unchanged.

And with the efforts of REpublicans to block any voting reform, I would say that there is a large argument to be made that, barring that, there WILL be no further elections in the US.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:44 pm
Brandon you taking a creative writing class or just attempting sarcasm? I can't tell.

Bush is merely the current frontman for the group of people that have been working on their power base in this country for 40 years. They are preparing another like minded individual for office every minute and looking far ahead into the future.
You don't need to be a rocket surgeon to know that.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:47 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon you taking a creative writing class or just attempting sarcasm? I can't tell.

Bush is merely the current frontman for the group of people that have been working on their power base in this country for 40 years. They are preparing another like minded individual for office every minute and looking far ahead into the future.

I see! Well, that is very alarming. Thank you for telling me about this. I guess we'd better do something. When did you first start having these thoughts?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:48 pm

Which means that the Dems that have been President during that time were also figureheads,right?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:50 pm
Who is this mysterious group that has been controlling the country for the last 40 years?
What are their goals? Where did they come from? Who finances them?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:53 pm
Mystery,

Do you know the difference between these two phrases:

1. Controlling the Country (what YOU said)

2. Working on their power base (what BLUE said)

Do you?

But if you want an answer, start here: www.newamericancentury.org

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:08 am
Where have all the terrorists gone????

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The State Department decided to stop publishing an annual report on international terrorism after the government's top terrorism center concluded that there were more terrorist attacks in 2004 than in any year since 1985, the first year the publication covered. ...

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/11407689.htm

Rather egotistical to claim actions taken since 9/11 by Bush deserve a A+++ just because nothing on the scale of 9/11 has happened on US soil. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose, but they are still there and in larger numbers than Bush wants you to know.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:13 am
mysteryman wrote:

Which means that the Dems that have been President during that time were also figureheads,right?

I believe the dems who have been in power during these times were considered a minor nuisance (Carter) and an anomaly, a bump in the road, a pain in the ass to be discredited and ruined ASAP. (Clinton) In every campaign you lose a few battles. It's the war you keep your eye on. Oh, and Kennedy. We all know what happened to him even if the details are a bit sketchy. Bobby of course got headed off at the pass. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:17 am
P.S. you fellas have your closely held beliefs, I have mine. In the end we both nap in the dirt and all discussion comes to naught.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:57 am
So, it's been about three years and seven months since september eleventh and no middle-eastern terrorist attacks...

let's look at the three years and seven months before september eleventh.

October 31st 1999. Egypt Air Flight 990 was crashed by it's egyptian pilot apparently deliberately killing the 217 passengers. Some suspect terrorism, no evidence exists though. No groups have claimed responsibility.

Okay, so that's a slim possibility of there having been a single middle-eastern terrorist attack in the same time period. But there probably wasn't. We have to extend the period to February 23rd 1997 to find a confirmed middle eastern terrorist attack in the US, when a palestinian sniper shot people in New York before commiting suicide.

(please note. My research may have not uncovered certain attacks, you may want to doublecheck).
0 Replies