The Height Of Arrogance

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:05 am
These bastards don't even try to do this stuff on the down low anymore.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7488485/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 853 • Replies: 17
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:10 am
BVT, you might post the first couple of paragraphs and the article's title.

I hate following blind links.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:30 am
Yeah, me too. At least a general description helps out tremendously.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:40 am
does that mean you didn't read the link?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:50 am
I did, but only b/c I've found myself agreeing with ya a lot in the past few weeks blue.

In general, I dislike blind links as, frankly, they take me to a lot of places that I would rather not have gone if I had read a description.

Enough about that, on to the topic:

Yeah, DeLay is scum! It is the height of arrogance to say, 'the way to defend my moral failings is to point out those of others, and to imply that the entire thing is a hate-filled agenda against conservatism.'

What ever happened to personal responsibility in the Republican party? Noone is responsible for abuse and torture, noone is responsible for intelligence failures, noone is responsible for their own ethical failings, noone is responsible for banning Americans from public speeches, noone is responsible for the massive debts, none of that.

Amazing how many things are just 'happening' these days, isn't it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:14 pm
Personal responsibility has been replaced by rewards for all the failings within this administration. Besides, Republicans are rather adept at the three card monty.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:44 pm
Speaking of arrogance:

Quote:
http://www.marinetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-782283.php

By two 54-46 votes, the Senate blocked efforts Tuesday to add money for veterans' health care to the 2005 supplemental appropriations bill.
Sens. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, both members of the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, sought to add $1.9 billion to the $80.6 billion wartime emergency supplemental appropriations bill to cover costs of treating returning combat veterans for war-related injuries and to cover shortfalls in funding for VA programs.

The Bush administration sought no VA money as part of its supplemental funding request, and none was included in the version of the bill passed by the House in March.

Murray, however, said funding for veterans is critical because wounded service members will be seeking treatment from already underfunded facilities.

"The VA is not prepared to deal with soldiers coming home," she said. "It is an emergency today. If we don't deal with it, it will be a crisis tomorrow."

Their amendment would have provided $1.975 billion to the VA, with $525 million earmarked for mental health programs, $610 million provided specifically for the treatment of veterans wounded in Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, and $840 million evenly divided between VA regions.

The amendment was blocked by a parliamentary motion from Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., Senate Appropriations Committee chairman, who said the funding is not really an emergency need. The Senate voted in support of Cochran's position, and then voted again when Murray tried to get the amendment approved even if the funding was not characterized as an emergency. The outcome was the same, with 54 senators voting to block funding and 46 voting to provide it.

"The administration has not asked for these funds," Cochran said in explaining the rejection of the amendment.

Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, the Veterans' Affairs Committee chairman, and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, who heads the appropriations subcommittee overseeing the VA budget, said they share Murray's concerns about veterans funding but see no need to provide emergency funding for that purpose.

Lawmakers will have another opportunity later this year to decide whether to increase the 2006 VA budget, they said.

As proof that there is no emergency, Cochran noted that the amendment specifically would have allowed the extra funding to be available to the VA not just through the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30, but also into the new fiscal year.

This is certainly the height of arrogance. Republicans pretend that they support our troops, and then do this.

While on a business trip in Atlanta, GA, I noticed the bumper stickers on the backs of the local pickup trucks. Obviously, they were not of a liberal bent. But I wonder if these native motorists are even remotely aware of how LITTLE Bush truly cares about taking care of our troops, especially when they come home physically and psychologically damaged...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:37 pm
wonder what bob dole thinks of such shorting of funds for sick vets.

just think, vets will go sick so paris hilton can get her inheritence of tens of millions.
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 12:37 am
Yes, Kuvasz and dookiestik are so right. What we need is a Ten MillionMan March on DC. Not one Million-Ten Million.

and there should really be a full fledged investigation of the Presidential ELection. That would be the second time Bush stole the election.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:12 am
Dookiestix wrote:

This is certainly the height of arrogance. Republicans pretend that they support our troops, and then do this.

While on a business trip in Atlanta, GA, I noticed the bumper stickers on the backs of the local pickup trucks. Obviously, they were not of a liberal bent. But I wonder if these native motorists are even remotely aware of how LITTLE Bush truly cares about taking care of our troops, especially when they come home physically and psychologically damaged...

Troops are simply "resources" to this administration, much like diamond bits are for drilling into the earth for oil. They are a means to an end. Why continue supporting them once their telos has expired?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:22 am
How can you call me arrogant? Who among you talks to God?
George[the chosen one] Bush .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:32 am
I knew Bush was from New England but I didn't realise he was a Cabot.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
DeLay Apologizes for Comments

Leader Wouldn't Say Whether He Wants Schiavo Judges Impeached

By Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 14, 2005; Page A05

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) apologized yesterday for heated comments he made about possible retribution against federal judges for their handling of the Terri Schiavo case, but declined to say whether he favors impeaching those judges.

DeLay created a furor last month by saying that "the time will come" for federal judges who refused to restore the brain-damaged Florida woman's feeding tube "to answer for their behavior," and by criticizing what he called an "arrogant, out-of-control, unaccountable judiciary." President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other top Republican leaders did not endorse those statements and said they support an independent federal judiciary.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51284-2005Apr13.html?referrer=email

After getting his arm twisted and ass roasted. I waiting for him to say the "Debil made me do it."
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 02:06 am
Oh, but, au1929, Is it quite enough?
Look at poor Bill Clinton. He was impeached for "nothing"--a sexual peccadillo" and he lost his law license for five years, paid a $25,000 fine to the Arkansas Bar and paid $80,000 to Justice Wright for his misbehavior in her courtroom.

We should be able to put DeLay through at least some of that, shouldn't we?
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 02:29 am
Delay needs to get lost; Hes tainted goods and he can do nothong but harm the Conservative cause. I can only hope that other Republicans will learn from his demise.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 06:54 pm
Ive said it before and ill say it again. As long as you have a republican congress and a republican president and a republican high court nothing is going to happen to delay. Hope all you want but you are singing in the dark.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 07:03 pm
In politics in general you dump your liabilities - unless your liabilities know where all the bodies are buried. If DeLay hangs on then he must have a bloody Google map of the cemetery.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 12:38 am
Actually I've decided that the height of arrogance would be George Bush and Tom DeLay floating on a raft with erections yelling "Open the drawbridge!!"
0 Replies