Bush Addresses Troops At Ft. Hood

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:04 pm
and Rumsfeld makes his "We don't have an exit Strategy we have a victory strategy" remark in a surprise visit to Iraq.

Anyone besides me notice that everytime his poll numbers drop suddenly the war and a patriotic grateful world and nation suddenly get trotted out again in high profile?

http://www.drudgereport.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 500 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:09 pm
No.

What I have noticed is that liberals will frequently complain about what Bush does ... and whenever he thanks the troops, that really seems to get their dander up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:13 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
No.

What I have noticed is that liberals will frequently complain about what Bush does ... and whenever he thanks the troops, that really seems to get their dander up.

when was the last time?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:23 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
No.

when was the last time?

Specifically, I was thinking about when he landed on the Lincoln in 2003, and when he visited the troops in Iraq for Thanksgiving that year. I'm sure it's happened more than that, but I'll acknowledge a bit of hyperbole on my part. Liberals seem to think there must be an ulterior motive for his doing so .... surely he must be doing it to boost his poll numbers, deflect attention away from something else, ... something ... anything beside what it is on its face: an attempt to thank the troops and boost their morale.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:59 pm
Quote:
an attempt to thank the troops and boost their morale.

Exactly. An "attempt," which losely translates into lying that the major fighting was over. Kinda like lying about the "eminent threat," the thousands of pounds of biochemical weapons, the drone planes that could attack us in 45 minutes, the....

Oh never mind. I guess this is what happens when the U.S. puts most of their intelligence confidence in a drunk, paranoid Iraqi informant named "Curveball:"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-04-07-cia-curveball_x.htm

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:09 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
an attempt to thank the troops and boost their morale.

Exactly. An "attempt," which losely translates into lying that the major fighting was over. Kinda like lying about the "eminent threat," the thousands of pounds of biochemical weapons, the drone planes that could attack us in 45 minutes, the....

Oh never mind. I guess this is what happens when the U.S. puts most of their intelligence confidence in a drunk, paranoid Iraqi informant named "Curveball:"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-04-07-cia-curveball_x.htm

Rolling Eyes

Case in point ....
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:52 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
No.

Yeah, I'm with ya Tico.
I'm one of those whiney libs who just thinks that Bush is a schmuck. Many on the right take "our" position on Bush as an affront to conservatives.
Put almost anyone in his seat and I'd pretty much guarantee the left would be half as virulent toward the right.
He has become antithetical to his self-proclaimed "uniter" status.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
No.

Yeah, I'm with ya Tico.
I'm one of those whiney libs who just thinks that Bush is a schmuck. Many on the right take "our" position on Bush as an affront to conservatives.
Put almost anyone in his seat and I'd pretty much guarantee the left would be half as virulent toward the right.
He has become antithetical to his self-proclaimed "uniter" status.
0 Replies