Is my teacher attached to me? (In a non-sexual way)

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 05:49 pm
I am a 16 year old boy in my junior year of high school. My math teacher is in her mid 20s and most of the boys in my school have a huge crush on her. A couple months ago she asked me if I was ok because I looked sad. I asked to talk to her after school and she said ok. We talked for 2hours and 30 minutes about so many things. I told her about my drug use and the times I have been high with her and in her class. She smiled a lot and told me about her smoking habits and how she understands what Im going through so well. She told me that in highschool she smoked a lot and had nobody to help her out when she needed it. After that I've come by to her room after school to help her volunteer or just to talk. She lets me input grades for my class and grade the tests and quizzes for my class. According to other students she has never let any volunteer grade their own classes work assignments. One day she also told me that she was going to stop smoking weed all of winter for me. She has also mentioned that shes talked about me and my smoking habits to her therapist. She helps me for my ACT and goes over questions i get wrong several lunches a week. Im worried that I have been talking to her to much because I don't want to ruin this powerful connection. I can't tell if it is unique to have this bond or if other students have talked to their teachers about drugs and personal information. That first time we talked (for those 2hours) she said that what we said in the room should not leave the room. I notice in class she stares at me quite frequently. After class every day I either ask her if I can come volunteer/ or get ACT help the following day or she says something to me. I can't tell if its normal. Lastly, at another time I was talking to her about deep **** and she started crying and we cried together. The next day we had exams and i handed in my test (Im one of her top students in all her classes) and she looked over it and gave it back to me pointing at a question telling me to fix it. Is she attached to me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 727 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 06:00 pm
@embiddonovan,
I think she's being really irresponsible. This is the sort of behavior that, if taken only slightly further, could result in her losing her job. She's already showing you favoritism. And in a lot of school districts, her smoking weed would be cause of disciplining if not outright dismissal. Yet she's confiding in you so much that you're crying together?
0 Replies