So, PDiddie and other Texans

au1929

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:25 am
Edgar
Yes and they replaced it with Bush and DeLay and that is by far, more morally degrading. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:38 am
Politics throughout the country is degrading.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 11:54 am
Any chance of a Texas meetup this year?

Who's in charge of said things, I wonder?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 11:55 am
I think you just declare one and see if there's enough interest.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 11:59 am
What's that broad (and I say that in a complementary way) Ann Richards up to these days?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 12:03 pm
I saw her on Larry King a few months back.

It was like two super-Vampires sitting next to each other. You could literally feel them soaking up life from the other guests like a pair of ravenous sponges...

Though I'll never forget her most famous line, "George Bush was born with a silver foot in his mouth..."

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 12:40 pm
I loved Ann. Wish she could come back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:30 pm
Those who blame Texas for Bush and DeLay, remember, they did not rise up in a vacuum. Half of the population is to blame too.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:03 am
Edgar
There is no doubt that 50%of the nation can be blamed for Bush. However, DeLay is a product bought and delivered by the people of Texas. Embarrassed Sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:55 am
And for that the state that gave us Lloyd Benson and Ann Richards is to be called no good? Without a bunch of craven Democrats who fold up their tents and go home every time the Republicans get rough this nation would not have a Republican led congress.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:15 am
And our Dems fought the good fight...

And DeLay tried to use federal agents to track them down....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:54 am
I am not defending DeLay. He is the lowest form of political life there is. All I have said is, some people put down all of Texas over something like this. Meanwhile, the Dems are divided and conquered in California and lots of other places.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
I know. I was trying to stand up for the Texas Democrats.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:49 am
Sorry, DrewDad. I'm a little testy today.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:33 pm
How about Natalie Manes of the Dixie Chicks?

Republicans go for actors, we should go for singers. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:10 am
Dixie Chicks for Congress!
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:28 pm
I am very much afraid that the Democrats have been eviscerated in Texas. There are other states who are moving in the same direction. The most sinister aspect of this trend is that, according to political pundits, legislative redistricting makes so many seats "safe" that only around 5% are ever in jeopardy.
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:33 pm
Of course, Drew Dad, if the allegation is true- that DeLay did use federal agents to "track them down" don't you think DeLay should be impeached?

They impeached poor Bill Clinton for nothing--"sex"

DeLay's alleged crime is so much more horrendous.

It's just too bad that the Democrats don't control the House. If Clinton had let his zipper alone, the Democrats might have not lost the House and the Senate in 1994.
They still haven't regained either body.

Perhaps the Democrats should run a pair who would be invulnerable to "sexual scandals"

What about Hillary for President and Barney Frank for Vice President?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:36 pm
Redistricting did change Texas for the worse for a long time to come. I don't know when or if the two party system can recover. Going all one party is a thing that feeds on itself. For many years, most conservatives were treated as laughingstocks, because liberals controlled everything. Now, the Republicans (I can't call that party conservative anymore) are doing the same thing to Democrats. It doesn't matter to more and more voters what the core issues are; it's in to be Republican. They quote the stock phrases and tune Democrats out.
0 Replies