1
   

What makes golfers so damn special?

 
 
Mr Stillwater
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 04:26 am
Have I ever happened to mention how much I...

FUC#ING HATE GOLF!!!
0 Replies
 
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:06 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Have I ever happened to mention how much I...

FUC#ING HATE GOLF!!!


I am not sure. Let me browse through your past posts and find out okay?
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:13 am
SJay123 wrote:
All very well for tiger woods, but wouldn't it be more satisfying knowing you earned all that money, and you'll be kept fit for when you older, and you'll be in good shape, i'm probably against golfiing because i'm really bad at it, i have nothing really against the sport even though i seem like i do, it's just i wish their attitude would change to people who arent golfers.


You need to understand that he did EARN that money.
In golf,you dont get paid if you dont play.
Yes,he has his endorsements,but unlike other sports that pay their players yearly contracts,golf doesnt do that.
So,for any professional golfer to make money on the tour,they have to go out and actually win tournaments.

Baseball,football,basketball,they all pay their players even if they dont play.

So yes,Tiger did EARN his money.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:17 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Shot a 77 yesterday...which equals my best round ever. Finished the round with birdy, birdy.


I shot a 77 Saturday.
It wasnt my best round ever,but I cant complain.
I'm a 12 handicap,so that tells you how often I play.

I finished with an eagle,double bogey.
That sucked.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:20 am
mysteryman wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Shot a 77 yesterday...which equals my best round ever. Finished the round with birdy, birdy.


I shot a 77 Saturday.
It wasnt my best round ever,but I cant complain.
I'm a 12 handicap,so that tells you how often I play.

I finished with an eagle,double bogey.
That sucked.


Eagle...double...sucks. SUCKS.

But the 77 was nice. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed mine...despite the ending.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:22 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Have I ever happened to mention how much I...

FUC#ING HATE GOLF!!!


Actually...if you are talking about whether or not you did here in this thread...or even here at this site...

...who really cares.

You should probably be mentioning it to some kind of mental health care provider, though.
0 Replies
 
AbleIIKnow wong
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:41 pm
SJay123 wrote:
OMG i no exactly how you feel!!
i have a massive golf course right behind my house and whenever i walk through it on the PUBLIC PATH yes, the PUBLIC PATH! all the golfers give me really dirty looks! My next door neighbour plays golf and so does my next door but one but one, and a few of my friends do, if i make one comment on how rubbish and boring golf is, they go into a massive stress, but noo theyre allowed to make fun of me arent they. Whats the point in wasting all that precious feild when you could just pop some houses there for the homeless or a shopping centre of something!
SJay
Smile



Agreed 6 fold (6 times over).
0 Replies
 
AbleIIKnow wong
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:43 pm
SJay123 wrote:
My massive golf course happens to be outside my house. If you've lived here all your life then you'll known what im on about. And yes, a public path, Frank, come and find Preston Golf Club some time and you'll know what i'm on about. And anyway why the hell would i lie about a public path, if i was going to lie on one of these forums i thind i'd find something interesting to lie about.



It's cool man I'm down wit ya ignore all the other hater's and non-believers out there.
0 Replies
 
AbleIIKnow wong
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Have I ever happened to mention how much I...

FUC#ING HATE GOLF!!!



Thank you for your kind words.
0 Replies
 
AbleIIKnow wong
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:52 pm
mysteryman wrote:
SJay123 wrote:
All very well for tiger woods, but wouldn't it be more satisfying knowing you earned all that money, and you'll be kept fit for when you older, and you'll be in good shape, i'm probably against golfiing because i'm really bad at it, i have nothing really against the sport even though i seem like i do, it's just i wish their attitude would change to people who arent golfers.


You need to understand that he did EARN that money.
In golf,you dont get paid if you dont play.
Yes,he has his endorsements,but unlike other sports that pay their players yearly contracts,golf doesnt do that.
So,for any professional golfer to make money on the tour,they have to go out and actually win tournaments.

Baseball,football,basketball,they all pay their players even if they dont play.

So yes,Tiger did EARN his money.



No, he didn't he just gets paid to play what he's good at and what a MASSIVE audience likes. The audience is "marvelled at his prowess" and when they are = $$$...

As for other players yes I agree with you especially hockey.

However with other sport(s) it's not like that when they don't play they're not being paid they're being COMPENSATED and when they do play they're fulfilling they're contract.
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:37 am
Troll. Can't you smell it?
0 Replies
 
SJay123
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:19 am
bored..
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Should cheerleading be a sport? - Discussion by joefromchicago
Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009? - Discussion by realjohnboy
tennis grip - Question by madalina
How much faster could Usain Bolt have gone? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Sochi Olympics a Resounding Success - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/17/2024 at 11:25:39