roger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 02:25 pm
Thanks, Timber.

I'm stealing your line, by the way
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 04:30 pm
Relax there, Neil and Bob.

Read my post again, then repeat until you understand it. This isn't a thread revolving around bashing golf. I said I hate WATCHING it, because I don't play. I didn't say "I hate golf...it sucks...ect."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 04:35 pm
Watching Golf is one tiny little fraction of a step up from watching the PBA bowling tour.

Holy crap, my dad used to watch that all the time when I was a kid. What a snoozefest.

But at least the fans in bowling get really loud when somebody gets a strike or picks a really tough spare.

Cuz their drunk.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 04:40 pm
Anything they don't serve beer at isn't a sport.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:04 pm
No beer?! Obviously, you have never attended a tournament of the American Petroleum Institute. These guys. . . . You've heard of golfers losing balls? I've seen them run completely out by the third hole. By the 19th, they have trouble finding the ball on the green.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:58 am
Beer makes you relax and your swing gets better. He he.
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:57 pm
If you wanna know why people are so quiet for golf I'll tell you. First of all golf is a gentleman's game. Second of all, in golf you have no human opponents. Your only opponent is the course. The other people are just out there to see who can play the course and conditions the best. Y'all were right when you said that golf takes more skill than anything but if you look at Tiger Woods' workout routine, you will see that he is just as much of an athelete as anyone else.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:59 pm
Not true cash.

I won't knock on golf or anything however what you guys said a few months ago I believe this thread is in the wrong section.

Shouldn't it be in the humour section?
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:26 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Not true cash.

What are you implying is false?
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:17 pm
cash3 wrote:
Y'all were right when you said that golf takes more skill than anything but if you look at Tiger Woods' workout routine, you will see that he is just as much of an athelete as anyone else.

I stand by what I said, "Not true cash."
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 07:39 am
Seriously.

Not to say Tiger isn't an athlete, but if you're implying he's as athletic as anyone in sports, take another hit of the crack pipe.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:51 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Seriously.

Not to say Tiger isn't an athlete, but if you're implying he's as athletic as anyone in sports, take another hit of the crack pipe.

My guess is that 99% of all the "athletes" you suppose are truly "sports people" in your mind...

...envy his prowess at his sport a hell of a lot more than Tiger envies them at theirs.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:28 am
No beer served while being a spectator? Just a thought.

For some strange reason they will boot you if you yell at golf tournaments. So unless you want the boot, I wouldn't suggest it.

My question is why do the spectators line up so close to the tee and then they stick there heads out to view the shot. The guy could have and off day and one slice and bing direct hit the forehead or you lose an eye. Wonder why that has never happened before?

I would guess that Tiger is much more athletic than many baseball pitchers. Many of them are a tub of lard. - i.e. Wells.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:03 pm
I don't know how physically gifted Tiger is. He's obviously a great athlete, but golf doesn't expose many athletic traits.

Fer' chrissakes, what are you people arguing?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:27 pm
Not arguing anything slappy, but you have to admit some of the pitchers are a tub lard.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:36 pm
Absolutely.

As there are fatties who are good at golf, and golfers playing at 150 years old...you'll never see a senior citizen throwing a baseball 90mph, though.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:39 pm
Yes ... you can be fat and old and still be on top of the game.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:00 pm
True, true - but I am sure that the speed and length teed off a golf ball decreases as you age also. So a golf pro at prime may hit over 150 mph, but a senior citizen would be unlikely to hit as far or hard.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:25 pm
I hate golf. It's the one thing that can make me cry, scream, curse, throw things, fume, sigh, laugh, harumph, sunburn, get heat stroke, stung, have an allergic sneezing fit and get sweaty all at the same time.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:06 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Seriously.

My guess is that 99% of all the "athletes" you suppose are truly "sports people" in your mind...

...envy his prowess at his sport a hell of a lot more than Tiger envies them at theirs.

Apisa we all have our own opinions and I'll leave it at that...
0 Replies