paint with hot pink and black

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 06:47 am
I am doing my daughters bedroom this month and she has requested the color hot pink on the wall with black trim and doors. The black scares me and and I wanted to know what you thought or if you can direct me somewhere for a visuial. One more note, she mentioned something about glitter over the pink using clear paint with glitter mixed in. Has anyone done this?

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:10 am
mother mayhem- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

One thing that I DO know, is that bedroom walls need to be a quiet, soothing color, for the best restful sleep. Could you talk her into white walls, with hot pink and black accessories?

http://thethemeroom.com/images/hotpnkduvet1.JPG
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:35 am
Pink can be nice for a girl's room, but I would choose another
color for contrast.

http://images.scrippsweb.com/HGTV/2004/12/07/dod912_aft_e.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:40 am
Hello Mother Mayhem... you can go to the Benjamin Moore website & play around with color samples on their sample rooms or on yours. If you just use theirs, you don't need to register.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/

Go to homeowner, then project notebook & you'll find the samples. You get choices for walls, trim & ceiling color. Have fun!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:46 am
How about black for some of the furniture rather than on the trim? Hot pink could be really cute if you use the right accessories.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:50 am
Piff, that Benjamin Moore site is great.

I just discovered that I'm going to need to paint my ceiling darker than I'd planned in my next project. Lighter/white woulda made the room look, well, icky.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:52 am
Beth... if you knew how much time I spent playing around with Benjamin Moore, you'd be shocked. Wink
0 Replies

leigh roy69

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 08:16 pm
Same situation...
Hey all,
Just searched and found this post from mother mayhem, two months later! Although, i still have the same situation..though the roles are reversed and im the daughter who wants to paint her room some wacky colours! Just wondering if mother mayhem still comes onto the site, and was wondering if you agreed on those colours with your daughter. I dont know how long i have wanted to paint my room black and pink (my two favourite colours) but whenever i bring up the topic to my own mother, she acts as if im asking for the impossible. Just wondering how your daughters bedroom went, and if you could please email me at:
[email protected]
it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
0 Replies

wildncrazychik

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:19 am
hey
Hey..I just recently painted my room tooty fruity pink on the walls and black on the ceiling. It looks AWESOME! It took a lot of begging though but it very comfortable to "chill" in with my friends. Although it is going to be a pain to remove it off the walls it looks sooo cool! My mom even agreed that she liked my room which was something I never thought I would hear from her because she like nuetral colors. Anyway if you would like to see pictures just email me and I can show you how it turned out! [email protected]
sincerely,

Meghan
0 Replies

Crysta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:58 pm
@mother mayhem,
I painted my 16 year old daughters room hot pink, well the specific name is Hot Lips by Benjamin Moore Paint. What I did is painted 2 of the four walls with the pink and to add a little interest I wadded up sheets of plain white gift wrap tissue straightened each sheet back out and stuck it to the wet paint and moved it around a tiny bit, let it dry and then paint over the tissue with the pink once more. This can only be done in sections so the paint is going to adhere to the tissue and make sure there are no bubbles. I took a small foam brush from any craft store or paint store etc and lightly ran it over each tissue section. The effect is fabulous!!! The best part about it is you can take black stain and brush it into the wrinkles and creases of the tissue now painted hot pink and it almost looks like leather. There is your black. Other than that I would only use black for the furniture such as a platform bed and a really cool room size space rug in the color black, or a cool black mirror etc. Pink satin bed sheets and maybe a zebra print bedspread. One more thing, as far as the glitter thing your daughter wants to do, I have an even cooler effect for her pink walls. Buy several rolls of holographic paper, cut the paper into sections since you will paint in sections and while paint is wet, instead of tissue paper put the holograph wrapping paper and stick it to the wall, holograph side to the wet paint. Wait a few and the backing to the holograph paper comes off leaving just the holograph on the pink. This I have to say is Rad!!!! I could not find holographic wrapping paper in my area anywhere. Though you can order it online. Good luck
Luv75539

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 05:44 pm
@mother mayhem,
omg! that's exactly wat I want if only you could convince my ma to re-do my room i want black trim,baseboards,and doors hopefully she will do it!! lol
0 Replies

tglunzer

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 10:13 am
@Crysta,
Do you have any pictures of this room? I am painting my soon to be 15 year olds room in these colors. You can e-mail me at [email protected].
Thank you!!!
0 Replies

juliewright

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:23 am
@Crysta,
I think the holographic paper sound so cool-could you please tell me if the actual color of the paper comes of or only the shiny design-I guess I'm a little confused-
thanks!
0 Replies

juliewright

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:28 am
@Crysta,
I guess to clarify what I am asking:If I paint the bottom half of the wall black what do you think the color will be if I use holograph paper? To give you an idea what I am doing-Top of the wall very pink-not quite hot pink-then there will be a white chair rail then below the chair rail I am painting black-to make it look not so "black" I saw your post and thought this might be a good idea! I was also thinking of painting stripes of a lighter shade of black-but I have tried stripes before and bombed!! Your suggestions would be so helpful-I am hoping to do this in a couple of days!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:10 am
What is this, cluster stupidity with intent?

roger

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:16 am
@ossobuco,
Just plain spam, you ask me.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:18 am
@roger,
They call it viral marketing. This one was a pile on.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:25 am
@ossobuco,
And look, two of them voted me down.
0 Replies