Buenos Aires, Argentina to Alaska THREE AMERICAS - ONE DREAM

husker

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:17 pm
Buenos Aires, Argentina to Alaska THREE AMERICAS - ONE DREAM

Candelaria and Herman Zapp Travel Log

I happen to stumble over this amazing travel-log

Quote:
I'm a Graham Paige 1928, Model 610, I'm now in Oruro, Bolivia, but I belong to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Candelaria and Herman Zapp don't have any respect about my age and they are driving me from Buenos Aires to U.S.A. by land. Can you believe that? Can you talk with them? We started the trip on 25 of January 2000, to Chile Santiago (they made me cross the Cordillera de los Andes), from there to Arica, crossing all the desert of Atacama. And you know what? they did it again, they made me cross the Andes again, but now at 4800 mts over the sea level to Bolivia. Well anyway, now WE ARE A TEAM, and I love it! Hey R.J. Sill let me introduce this guys. Candelaria and Herman are married since 1993, but since they are friends they dreamed with this trip, but I wasn't include. They met me in June of 1999, of course they fall in love as soon as they saw me, and they bought me. (They didn't know anything about my Car Company so nothing about me either). As you see now I`m sharing their dream. If you want next time I can tell you how is my behavior, and show you some pictures. Well I wish to meet you in U.S.A. around July or August`. My idea was to be in Portland, in the meeting, but at my speed (50 km/h) and this guys who want to see everything, I dont think that I could be there by that time. I hope we can talk about this and many things from now. From Bolivia we send you our best to you and to anyone who loves Graham paige`s car. I`m so sorry about my English but I was so long in Argentina that I miss some of it.

Reminds me of something CI might do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,309 • Replies: 0
No top replies