@McGentrix,
Just try and hang on for another 20 to 30 years Smile

Age reversal is coming.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
McGentrix

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 10:52 pm
@donniepierce,
I heard on the radio that Viagara has gone generic and you can get it cheap?
nacredambition

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 12:28 am
@McGentrix,
News of that nature on the wireless would be certainly sufficient to prick up my ears.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 01:02 am
@nacredambition,
Are your ears limp and flaccid?
nacredambition

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 04:31 am
@roger,
It's scurrilous slander to even suggest that Leadfoot prays to me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 05:42 pm
@neptuneblue,
Punch hard.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 10:54 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

That's good information.

I had the operation in one eye, and did it without anesthesia. They totally numb the and the anesthesia is only to keep you relaxed during the procedure. I just hate recovering from anesthesia and feel like this was one of my good decisions.

I asked my eye doctor about laser surgery so I could dump my glasses, and she told me that since I was developing cataracts I should just wait for the lens replacement surgery and it would produce the same results. Would you say this was accurate or BS? From oralloy's post it seems to be accurate.

I will definitely go with anesthesia because I could never be even remotely relaxed while someone was cutting on my eyes! Confused
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 10:56 pm
@donniepierce,
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV but 50 does seem young for ED.

If you're taking any medication, (other than for ED of course) check out side-effects.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 05:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I am remarkably unqualified to answer. Still, each procedure works with different problems. If the cataract develops to a certain point, the lens will have to be replaced regardless of other conditions. I do not believe it will help with whatever is going on behind the eye. Ultimately, I'm guessing that you will eventually have to undergo both treatments.

I don't know your age, but if you're eligible for medicare, it is best to wait till the doctor can make the certification that allows Medicare to pay the bulk of the cost.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 11:26 am
The cataract surgery was a brilliant success btw.

On April 19, I am finally going to get my left hip replaced. I am excited by the prospect, but nervous at the same time. I have the right Dr for it. He has the fewest complications in NYS and it is basically an outpatient procedure now.

Background: I have a genetic disorder in the ball joints where the growth plate between the ball and the bone was slipping. They put 3 spikes in each hip in 82 and 85. Since then arthritis and stuff and I have had bad hips all my life.

My dad had his hips done and became a derelict ship in the living room. He never did get back to an active lifestyle. My brother had his hips replaced in 2005 and died from sepsis a year later when one became infected.

So, I have put it off as long as possible and now my quality of life is bad enough I would prefer to take the risk.

This IS NOT a sympathy post, just a thing I am doing as I get older.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 11:45 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

The cataract surgery was a brilliant success btw.

On April 19, I am finally going to get my left hip replaced. I am excited by the prospect, but nervous at the same time. I have the right Dr for it. He has the fewest complications in NYS and it is basically an outpatient procedure now.

Background: I have a genetic disorder in the ball joints where the growth plate between the ball and the bone was slipping. They put 3 spikes in each hip in 82 and 85. Since then arthritis and stuff and I have had bad hips all my life.

My dad had his hips done and became a derelict ship in the living room. He never did get back to an active lifestyle. My brother had his hips replaced in 2005 and died from sepsis a year later when one became infected.

So, I have put it off as long as possible and now my quality of life is bad enough I would prefer to take the risk.

This IS NOT a sympathy post, just a thing I am doing as I get older.

Continue to get older, McG.

That has been my aim for years now.

Good luck with the operation.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 07:36 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
it is basically an outpatient procedure now.
It it's a triple innominate osteotomy then you stay usually a week to ten days in hospital. (One of the local hospitals here is a maximum care endoprosthetic centre, got my infos from there.)

Good luck with the operation and have a great time afterwards!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 07:52 pm
@McGentrix,
Do you take vitamins? I find it helpful. At least that's a variable you can control.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 09:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Good luck with your surgery, and follow the surgeons advice.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 03:25 am
@McGentrix,
Good luck, McG.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 03:28 am
Fingers crossed, hope all goes well.

Get used to people calling you a hipster then acting like they’re the first to think of it.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 03:41 am
@McGentrix,
Hi McG, I'm happy to hear your cataract surgery was successful and I'm sure your hip surgery will be too.

I wish you all the best and may you and your new hip have many miles and smiles together.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 05:54 am
@McGentrix,
I'm not there yet, but I have heard of some really wonderful outcomes and hope the same for you. My mum underwent the procedure when she was in her, early 80s I want to say , and once all was said and done, was glad she did. Would appreciate updates if you're inclined.
roger

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 06:41 am
@Joeblow,
I would also appreciate updates, especially how the recovery went.
0 Replies