change color scheme?

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 04:55 pm
Is there a way to change the color scheme for A2K? I am having eye trouble and the bright background makes it hard to read. Is it possible to have a dark back ground and light letters?

Ponderer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 05:02 pm
@McGentrix,
How 'bout light blue w/black letters?
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 05:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Maybe a little darker than the blue behind Read Question and Reply to All.
farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 06:20 pm
@Ponderer,
how bout using ski "mogul spotter" glasses. They have that yellow tint nd re great for relieving brightness issues. You will see everything bluish when you take em off but that fades in few minutes
Ponderer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 06:38 pm
@farmerman,
That's a good idea but it is McGentrix that has the eye problems. I thought blue would be a "cool" color on the eyes. I also thought a tinted screen cover would help.
farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 08:35 pm
@Ponderer,
my post was meant for mcG (Im sure he knows, his powers of perspicacity are beyond those of mortal men)
thack45

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 08:53 pm
@McGentrix,
On many phones, you can invert colors in accessibility settings. If the phone is rooted (don't know about iPhones) you can set it up to invert automatically for certain URLs. I'm assuming you could at least invert on a computer, and maybe set some sort of hotkey or the like to toggle the setting

[edit] Try: Ctrl + Alt + I
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 12:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

my post was meant for mcG (Im sure he knows, his powers of perspicacity are beyond those of mortal men)

It's true. Few are my equal.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 12:20 am
@farmerman,
Hmmmm... maybe yellow sunglasses? I've spent $9 on your suggestion. We shall see if it's good.

I have a cataract in my left eye I am getting removed later this month.
farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 05:00 am
@McGentrix,
good luck on that whole thing. My wife had both eyes done about 15 years ago (she had a family genetic history re cataracts). The surgery was in and out outpatient and its left her with a little sparkly thing in her eyes, very sexy look. Im afraid a dude having it done kinda makes you looks like Schwartzeneger where he plays the bad robot.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 11:03 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Is there a way to change the color scheme for A2K? I am having eye trouble and the bright background makes it hard to read. Is it possible to have a dark back ground and light letters?

I've asked the admins this question at least once every one or two years since I've been a member (for more aesthetic reasons than functionality to be fair). All I get was … the site work is still in progress … and literally nothing comes from after that post.

So? Don't put too much faith in any customizability anytime … ever?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 10:45 pm
Is it my new eye, or has the color scheme changed on A2K? If it has, I like it. A lot. Thank you.

If it hasn't, love the new eye!
roger

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 11:23 pm
@McGentrix,
It's your new eye. I got one last year and love mine too. Sadly, I had to chose between near and far vision, and now wear readers for computer and reading.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2019 06:20 am
@McGentrix,
What if you highlight the text — is white on blue an improvement?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2019 08:29 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Is it my new eye, or has the color scheme changed on A2K? If it has, I like it. A lot. Thank you.

If it hasn't, love the new eye!

I haven't noticed any color scheme changes on my work computer screen. It however is a very outdated version of Microsoft Internet Explorer because our firm loves ((or too cheap to move to Windows 10)) ((sigh)) Windows 7.

hightor wrote:

Now that seems new(??) and a decent improvement (if I'm not being gaslighted here). Thanks for the headsup.
Tryagain

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2019 12:24 pm
May I respectfully suggest the answer is to be found within System Preferences (for Mac) > Display > Invert Colors or use Grey Scales and adjust contrast. Dark mode may also make viewing easier; also found in the Display pane > Night Shift tab.

For Windows 10: Start button > Settings > Ease of Access> High Contrast and a whole lot more customizable settings.

Should the calling up in the mind of one idea by another by virtue of some association or of some natural connection between the ideas prove beneficial, please consider supporting the proposal for a new shooting range at A2K Towers – Thank you.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2019 12:37 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

please consider supporting the proposal for a new shooting range at A2K Towers – Thank you.

Over here we call them Kindergartens.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 02:42 am
@tsarstepan,
hightor wrote:

Now that seems new(??) and a decent improvement (if I'm not being gaslighted here). Thanks for the headsup.
[/quote]

Not new at all. Sometimes, people chose to change font color to white, which is invisible. Highlight the text and it appears. Some even post in yellow. Same solution. Been that way about forever.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:22 pm
@roger,
Highlighting text isn't the same thing as changing the font color (a feature I have used from time to time since first arriving here almost ten years ago.

Below is an example of text highlighting.
https://i.imgur.com/p41QhgT.jpg
I'll retract my previous exclamation of appreciation as that feature is a browser feature not an a2k exclusive feature. My mistake.
0 Replies