Lousy Women Drivers?

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:05 pm
ehBeth; thats become a very serious problem here in Colorado with so many people moving here from California with their SUV's thinking they can drive lickity split on ice and snow. most studies show that 4-wheel drive is actually worse for steering and braking than simple front wheel drive. i think it applies equally to men and women.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:19 pm
Maybe, as the price of gas goes up, SUV owners will drive less? The reasons for owning one are various. However, in my neighborhood, while it's quite often the women who drive them, it's the men who want them and buy them. Used to be, the major ambition was for a two-seater sports car that could corner well and handle speed - two very essential things when driving on city streets. Just as are the truck-like four-wheel drives necessary for suburban streets with schools every few blocks. The couple of times I've been hit it's been by men - and beware the men wearing caps. Worse than the cell-phone users, who should be banned.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 11:20 pm
I live in a city with some very narrow streets, With the snow cutting into the on-street parking, SUVs become even more of a menace. They stick farther into the road. And, many people who drive them don't seem to feel comfortable staying within their lane, often I have to edge over to get out of their way (big pick ups seem to do this quite often too). What I can't figure out is why they think they won't fit in their lane when they can watch a semi or a bus in front of them doing it without crossing the yellow line.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 01:37 am
Women are dangerous, watch out!
As a single, straight (hetero) male, I can tell you that of course women have more problems driving then men. Especially the pretty ones.

I only really watch the women drivers, and ignore the men, so naturally I see MANY more mistakes made by women.

Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 05:55 am
Front seat? Or Back?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:34 pm
Although I wouldn't buy one...thank God I have access to driving different cars home, cuz' I'm gonna need a pig of an SUV tonight.

Damn Boston weather....
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 05:50 am
I'd like to own a small pickup truck.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 10:46 am
I'd like not to be hungover right now.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 02:11 pm
Sounds like someone had a fun time, last night.
0 Replies