But does it swing both ways?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:32 pm
Repair folks love that water/ice option (that's what my appliance guy told me) - pretty much guaranteed to break down.

I've got fridge up/freezer down from Kenmore. Got it last winter. Doors and handles all attachable any dang way I want (sorta). I love my fridge. I love my fridge.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:41 pm
ehbeth wrote:
Repair folks love that water/ice option (that's what my appliance guy told me) - pretty much guaranteed to break down.

Maybe if its not installed properly. :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:55 pm
mebbe

(he's also the guy that doesn't recommend buying new appliances - he's saved me a big whack o money in the last 8 years)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 08:50 am
I stopped in Sears just yesterday to look at the Kenmore fridges. They seemed to provide a good bang for your buck compared to a lot of others I looked at.

I can believe that repairmen like the ice/water option. That broke down on my fridge after just a few years. I do prefer an icemaker than having to use ice trays though. If we go with adding a seperate little freezer we can always get a bag of ice...

Why does your guy recommend not buying new appliances, eBeth?

When we bought our house it had a stove and dishwasher - both were probably installed when the house was built back in the 70s. The stove lasted until last year, when it decided it had had enough right in the middle of baking Mr. Bs birthday cake. The dishwasher still works but we don't use it all that often.

Meanwhile, we bought the fridge when we moved in 10 years ago and it is at death's door.

I expected it to last much longer.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 09:01 am
Quote:
I can believe that repairmen like the ice/water option. That broke down on my fridge after just a few years. I do prefer an icemaker than having to use ice trays though. If we go with adding a seperate little freezer we can always get a bag of ice...

The fact that it does break down is the reason they like it, job security.

I have found the icemaker/dispenser's that come standard in the refer are less prone to malfunction than the after market ones that are installed seperately.

If you like Kenmore take a look at Whirlpool, they are one in the same and you might find Whirlpool to be cheaper.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 09:08 am
Thanks sublime!

I will take a look at Whirlpool.
0 Replies