best videogame to date.

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 01:37 pm
what game do you guys think is the best game ever made so far? in terms of graphics, gameplay, storyline, the whole shebang.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,345 • Replies: 62
No top replies

skinywhtboy

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 08:52 pm
half life
I would have to go with half-life. Half life opened up a whole new world into what we know as a video game. It had the best graphics engine, Advanced AI, Puzzles, Aliens, And a CROWBAR. This was the first game in which i stood back and said, wait a minute, this is to cool to be true. And plus look at all the mods out there. Counter Strike: One of the most played games on the net. Day of Defeat, Team fortress, Deathmatch. It gave you complete control of the enviroment around u too with its integrated console. This game is the uber video game
0 Replies

chocolate jim

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 02:10 pm
best video game to date
without a doubt earthbound is the greatest game ever; that is the video game equivalent of crack. Solely in terms of storyline though, Xenogears blows everything out of the water. That is by far the most innovative and engrossing storyline ive ever witnessed. It transcends all mediums, being the best storyline ever on anything, be it a a novel, a movie, etc. I would get xenosaga but i dont have a ps2...
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 09:23 pm
NCAA Football 2005
0 Replies

chrisnjo

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 11:55 pm
Grand Theft Auto- San Andres
0 Replies

Thaiva

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:26 am
It has gotta be RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so sweet!!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:24 pm
Re: half life
skinywhtboy wrote:
I would have to go with half-life. Half life opened up a whole new world into what we know as a video game. It had the best graphics engine, Advanced AI, Puzzles, Aliens, And a CROWBAR. This was the first game in which i stood back and said, wait a minute, this is to cool to be true. And plus look at all the mods out there. Counter Strike: One of the most played games on the net. Day of Defeat, Team fortress, Deathmatch. It gave you complete control of the enviroment around u too with its integrated console. This game is the uber video game

i would have to agree, this game really set the bar for the next generation of games, good story, good graphics, good sound, just plain good
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:48 pm
How could no one have mentioned Morrowind? I guess picking the best video game is like picking the best band or movie - it's all a matter of opinion.
0 Replies

bloggo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:14 pm
Jet Set Radio Future
Tony Hawk
0 Replies

mc awsome

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:19 am
runescape is rubbish i think its halo 2 and its awsome on xbox like yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
0 Replies

NeroStrike

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 06:38 pm
all you guys are strikingly uncultured in the area of video games. especially those of you saying such games as: THPS, Halo 2, GTA, and NCAA Football 2005. Although, those are all great games, you aren't opening your mind enough. the guys who said half-life are right on the money. half-life and HL2 are infuckingcredible. both games boggled the minds of gamers everywhere with graphics power, storyline, and sheer "holy ****"ness. the half-life series definitely takes the cake with me. oh, can't forget doom 3....or pong..
0 Replies

skinywhtboy

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:22 am
Quote:
....or pong..

yes, pong Shocked
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:11 pm
For my money:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
0 Replies

Radical Edward

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:09 pm
+1 for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA Very Happy )
And a special thought for Myst IV: Revelation (PC)
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:55 pm
Unreal Tournament Game Of The Year Edition, it may only be 5-10 quid but it's well worth it, the graphics are amazing, the tournament mode is qaulity, and best of all you can play against anyone in the world who has the game! how cool is that?!?
0 Replies

videogamefreak

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 01:46 pm
Final Fantasy X all the way!!! Smile
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:30 pm
All o y'all answers are biased...

I like when a couple peeps gave mention to Legend of Zelda... that shin is primo... including the one on N64... not the mask one since I didn't play that one. I'm pretty sure it's good though. The one on Gamecube is good too... I heard they're coming out with a newer one on gamecube and that one's going to be even better (so I've heard).

Besides the best game of all time is.... Romance of the Three Kingdoms III: Dragon of Destiny.
0 Replies

ryand

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:04 am
I would have to go with Resident Evil 4
0 Replies

Keos

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:51 am
Final Fantasy VII, or as Gamespot recognised: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Chrono Cross. In my opinion, FFVII is one of the best.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:15 pm
Keos wrote:
Final Fantasy VII, or as Gamespot recognised: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Chrono Cross. In my opinion, FFVII is one of the best.

FFVII agreed, oops forgot to mention that one.
0 Replies