I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

roger

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:34 pm
I road it to work today - yeah, on Saturday. I guess it's doable, if I can tolerate the idea of eating lunch at work.

I finally got a bag for carrying stuff. It's the Buzz, made by Tom Bihn. It's highest quality materials and workmanship, but being compartmented to hold a small laptop doesn't do a thing for usable carrying space. It's super comfortable, though, and where the strap (only one) crosses in front the even include a pocket for cigarettes. Darn shame I don't smoke Virginia Slims. No other brand will fit. <mutter mutter>

Oh, I've got an appointment to get the handlebars elevated next Saturday. My ancestors have been walking erect for thousands of years, and it kind of gets into the blood.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:38 pm
ok your heard it first here on a2k, Roger has ancestors!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:43 pm
But no peers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 12:15 am
<grin>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 12:24 am
roger, ahem... that pocket is for a cell phone, not cigarettes... but you could surely squeeze those in, too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 02:19 am
You mean I'm supposed to pedal, smoke, eat a cheesburger, and talk on the phone all at once?

Thank you, ossobuco.

Dyslexia - pfffht!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:15 am
dyslexia wrote:
my Saab station wagon was "Cap't Fred" and my Lotus Europa was "Emma" my '59 Ford 1/2 ton pickup was "Howard"

Off topic..what year was the Lotus? Any pictures? That thing must have been a rolling oil leak.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:52 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
my Saab station wagon was "Cap't Fred" and my Lotus Europa was "Emma" my '59 Ford 1/2 ton pickup was "Howard"

Off topic..what year was the Lotus? Any pictures? That thing must have been a rolling oil leak.

Not really, I had the '72 TC big valve special with a a fuel injected Cosworth 1594cc, the real problem was the "prince of darkness electrics" (Lucas) looked like this only in white;
http://www.captainjakes.com/abcd2002/lotuseuropa01.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:48 pm
New equipment with endorsement.

I just got a receiver rack to mate the car to the bike from Hollywood Engineering. Absolutely no hassle getting the bike on and off. I could have improved the design a bit, and save a buck or two, but it looks like the best I've seen. The wheels sit in troughs at the bottom, so there's a low center of gravity and improved stability. This is what makes it so easy to mount and dismount the bike.

<waiting for big snicker from Cycloptichorn, who actually rides to GET somewhere>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:33 am
oh, i have to post my commute diary. i did the 85 kilometers (52 miles) from bratislava to vienna for the first time just before i went to india. have some pictures to share, too. biking is the BEST! well, right after India. Perhaps biking in India would be the best.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:38 am
Sure would be nice to see businesses with racks to lock a bike to, though. All I see around here is signs that say "No bikes, skates, or skateboards on sidewalk?"
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 01:34 pm
abominable! sidewalks were made for bicycles, i opine! no excuse for such barbarism! or is it barbarianism? in any case, you should come to vienna, the bicycle and wireless capital of the world.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
my nice new bike ... click

and as soon as the bouncity bouncity stops scaring me, I'll be riding it more regularly - and further.

have my eye on a trailer for the dogs to ride in next summer.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
That suspension is adjustable for more or less bouncity. Should be some little thumb screws at the top of the front forks that screw in and out. Don't know a thing in the world about rear suspensions.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:16 pm
and there are the thumb screws, now that roger's mentioned them

<it's parked beside me here in the dining zone>

let's see if i tightened or hyper-bounced things

I bought a sorta bicycle textbook on the weekend, so things should improve shortly - and then I can join the Toronto Bicycle Network on their adventures.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:21 pm
Just remember, it never gets easier. You go faster, and it's just as difficult as always.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:24 pm
what I need to remember is that i'm not as young as i was when i rode miles and miles regularly - and that hitting railroad tracks at full speed will likely have more significant consequences now than it did then - no matter how much milk i drink
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 04:38 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDrAoIT*4mpbUUlZyLiz!XoL!!jKPyrpZ1YiS!O2cydstoy3vCBuScBNB*KAiMwralV!rlJqgee4Vay!UmM*DLKyc2OjheEY67UitupSwg/IMG_0013.JPG

my commute from Bratislava to Vienna. Life....so tough...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:18 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAIATh4mpbUUlZyLiz0V7Wzc7xESlrKHSnPtpZJXNlrtmET1z!yDhN1w0BQnDkqQ96ppyHaqfSJAb2oFSwTKGGcNGEfcKomXM69Er5zM/IMG_0011.JPG

Leaving Bratislava, my fair city

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAIQTd4qpbUUlZyLiz8B21ZTCCftbMR4sEpT3sqHsv7UabmBmX0!t0K1etQW!yNGOiKN*vFEtUx*HVlZ0AzHXd7RZTFNkRXn!lt8Niew/IMG_0015.JPG

Donauratweg - Danube bike path.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDvAoUTs4qpbUUlZyLizyREsG4g4nNz69Fm*oIki8Ge1LGm86NaMzygKyLLsZPFpw2Gn!5qhBC3h6FXqp92RzExzOU9f1RA5VeSLl7wpdw/IMG_0016.JPG

church on a hill
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:29 am
Wow!
0 Replies