Just who do you think is running the country?

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
http://www.thoughtcrimes.org/mt/archives/002022.html
Quote:

Distrusting governments since 1984
:: welcome to Thoughtcrimes :: Email David ::Email Kolchak::
[::..archive..::]

March 30, 2005
Those Evil, Terrorist Loving "Libruls"

Issue \ Liberal Position \ Osama bin Laden Position \ NeoConservative Position

Abortion Rights \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Prayer in School \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Separation of Church & State \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Censorship \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Pre-emptive Attacks \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Interpretation of Religious Scripture \ Not Literal \ Literal \ Literal

Women's Rights \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Death with Dignity \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Theory of Evolution \ Accepts \ Rejects \ Rejects

Invasion of Iraq \ Opposed \ Favored \ Favored

Interest on Loans \ Supports Fair Interest Rates \ Opposes All Interest \ Opposes Any Limits on Interest

United Nations \ Supports \ Opposes \ Opposes

Gay Rights \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Contraceptives \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Sex Education \ Favors \ Opposes \ Opposes

Severe Penalties for Drug Use \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Corporal Punishment \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Thinks There is Only One TRUE God \ No \ Yes \ Yes

Dissent = Disloyalty \ Disagrees \ Agrees \ Agrees

Torture \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Death Penalty \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Execution of Mentally Ill and Children \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Detention Without Trial \ Opposes \ Favors \ Favors

Posted by David Allen at March 30, 2005 03:45 PM

As I have said many times, this conflict is nothing by a small group of fundamentalists on each side who have chosen to fight each other, and are just dragging the rest of us along with them.

Does anyone else find it a little frightening that the NeoCons have so much in common with the 'Terrorist enemies?'

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 780 • Replies: 19
No top replies

spendius

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:21 am
Not me mate.Nothing scares me.If you feel threatened you should call a cop.That's what they are for.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:33 am
Quote:

Seriously?

The conservative possition on this one caught me off guard.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
I am more concerned that anyone would take the chart above seriously.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:40 am
Einherjar wrote:
Quote:

Seriously?

I'm not sure it is fair to call it the conservative position. The conservative position has nothing in common, in principle anyway, with the wing nuts currently making policy. They are way off the scale. I consider myself a moderate, but I'd settle for a swing left to a true conservative government.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
Einherjar wrote:
Quote:

Seriously?

That's because it isn't true.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
Alright, most of the other bits are at least distorted accounts of conservative possitions, what inspired this one?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 10:09 am
Probably had to do with the execution of mentally ill guy in Texas, and stand on several cases re death sentence for teen criminals.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 10:13 am
Not even distorted then. I didn't know minors and mentally ill people were still being legaly executed where religious tenents didn't comand it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 10:34 am
http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/mental_illness.html

Quote:
The Death Penalty Kills the Mentally Ill
The execution of those with mental illness or "the insane" is clearly prohibited by international law. Virtually every country in the world prohibits the execution of people with mental illness.

The UN Safeguards Guaranteeing Protection of the Rights of those Facing the Death Penalty, adopted by the UN Economic and Social Council resolution of May 25, 1984, states: "…nor shall the death sentence be carried out…on persons who have become insane."

In 1997, the UN Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions stated that governments that continue to use the death penalty "with respect to minors and the mentally ill are particularly called upon to bring their domestic legislation into conformity with international legal standards."

In April 2000, the UN Commission on Human Rights urged all states that maintain the death penalty "not to impose it on a person suffering from any form of mental disorder; not to execute any such person."

U.S. constitutional law is in line with some of these international safeguards. The execution of the insane - someone who does not understand the reason for, or the reality of, his or her punishment - violates the U.S. Constitution (Ford v Wainwright, 1986).

Yet as recently as January 21, 2000, Larry Keith Robison, diagnosed with schizophrenia, was executed by the state of Texas. On June 22, 2000, Thomas Provenzano, who suffered from severe delusional episodes and believed he was Jesus Christ, was executed by the state of Florida. On August 16, 2000, John Satterwhite, who suffered from both mental illness and mental retardation, was executed by the state of Texas. Others with mental illness who have been executed in the U.S. in violation of international law include: Pernell Ford (Alabama); Bert Hunter (Missouri); and Juan Soria (Texas).

All of the ones noted were in Red States. That may not prove it's a conservative position, but I don't have time right now to find other links. Will look later.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:05 am
"Who is running the country?"

I still agree with Eisenhower. The military-industrial complex, with a few other conglomerates thrown in for good measure..............?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:07 am
McG, it's the NEO-conservative position. And all those listed are pretty accurate.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:18 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McG, it's the NEO-conservative position. And all those listed are pretty accurate.

Cycloptichorn

Really? Show me one neo-conservative that believes these things.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:39 am
Sure thing, George W. Bush.

Those listed are all sterling examples of Neocon thought. Which one in PARTICULAR do you need me to find examples for? I'd be more than happy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:45 am
For anyone to read this simplistic chart and take it seriously would do so out of pure ignorance.

Example, show me how a so-called neo-con would oppose WOMENS RIGHTS. Which rights do they oppose for women?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:47 am
Are you out of your mind, Woiyo? The right for a woman to decide what to do with her own body!!!!

Sheesh

CYcloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
No one has outlawed abortion entirely. LAte term abortions were attacked by Democrat Clinton, who I suspect does not meet your definition of a neo-con.

NEXT!!!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:54 am
Wanna try PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKES??

Funny I remember a Democratic candidate for Pres who supported that position.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:59 am
Pre-emptive strikes? Sure, I'll address that. To begin, perhaps you should try actually reading the titles on the chart, and you'll see that while 'Liberal' position is listed there, 'Democrat' certainly isn't. Therefore your point about Clinton really means nothing, does it; as he was a Democrat but not what one would exactly call a 'liberal.'

Reading Skills, Woiyo...

The only reason the current group hasn't attempted to outlaw abortion is b/c they know that most of the society would be against them, and the supreme court would balk at hearing the case, so they haven't tried to. But they would if they could.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:04 pm
Since John Kerry is recognized as the most liberal senator in congress and HE supported pre-emptive strikes, I suspect you need to refine your definition of liberal.

As far as you second attempted point, I suppose that if I had wings, I could fly, but I don't. Yet, I COULD FLY.

Your chart is a silly attempt to demean others while hiding the flaws in your own positions.
0 Replies