The pains of laziness

daverod

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 02:49 pm
Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Proverbs 6:9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

Proverbs 10:26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.

Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

Proverbs 20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing.

Proverbs 26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.

Proverbs 19:15 Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.

Psalms 39:1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

Which is better? To speak against idleness, slothfulness and sluggardness or to keep the tongue and lips 'bridled' so as to not 'sin'?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 846 • Replies: 4
No top replies

daverod

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 02:53 pm
@daverod,
Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

2 Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

'Women' wove hangings for such 'houses'. Women... not 'men'.

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

This was the iniquity of thy 'sister', Sodom.... Not of thy 'brother', Sodom.. 'sister'.

Where the 'women' wove hangings for the houses of the 'sodomites'.

daverod

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:00 pm
@daverod,
Psalm 2:1-5 "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."

daverod

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:01 pm
@daverod,
Question:

Is Sodom of male or female 'gender/sex'?
daverod

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:03 pm
@daverod,
Woe to the Unrepentant

Matthew 11: 20-24
"Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not: 21Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. 23And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee."

The word 'capharnaum', meaning a place with a "disorderly accumulation of objects", is derived from the town's name.

In Arabic, it is called Talhum.

[urlhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capernaum][/url]

Or possibly, 'The Holy Bible is nothing but a 'lie'' attitude.

And if The Holy Bible is nothing but a 'lie' then so is The Holy Qur'an since it is written in oo3:045 "SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah].

إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ مِّنْهُ اسْمُهُ الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَجِيهًا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ - 3:45

Which agrees and also testifies to the Truthfulness of The Holy Bible and the account of the birth of (J)esus Christ, the son of Mary.
0 Replies