Girl problem, please help!

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:57 am
Hey, so in the beginning of my senior year of high school, I met this cute girl who was a junior in my Spanish class. At the time I was still crushing over this girl who was dating someone, but I did not realize how great this other girl was that I had just met. I had developed feelings for this girl midway through my senior year and I realized towards the end of the year that this girl was the embodiment of my "perfect girl." Two weeks after I met her we switched tables and I rarely talked to her after that. One of my friends in that class (whose number I have and was a sophomore at the time) did talk to her a lot.

Towards the end of my high school years, I started to talk more with other people after many years of being shy. Today I still try to improve my communication skills with other people. Also I do not use social media.

I now attend a community college that is still near my house and my high school and I am still crushing on this girl. I sometimes text my old friend and wonder whether or not he still talks to her.

So here are my questions. What do I do? Do I tell my friend that I have a crush on her? If so, how do I tell him? Should I attend some events at my old high school that are open to everyone to see if she is there? Also, how do I find a way to bump into this girl?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,022 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:13 am
@Randomguy354,
So, this is a girl you rarely talked to after you switched tables and now, nearly a year later you are still obsessing over her?

Quote:
What do I do?
Nothing. You don't say exactly how long it has been, but I will guess that you just started community college this year. Even so, it has been nearly a year since you've spoken to her with any regularity. Let this one go. In fact, the way you describe everything, there is a decent chance she would not even remember you if you ran into her somewhere.

Quote:
Do I tell my friend that I have a crush on her
He has probably figured that out if you have asked him repeatedly if he talks to her. (What does he say when you have asked?)

Quote:
Should I attend some events at my old high school that are open to everyone to see if she is there?
Nothing wrong with that. And if you do happen to bump into her, there is nothing wrong with striking up a conversation. It may lead somewhere. It may not. Just don't be weird about it. ("Hey there Kim, did you know I've have a crush on you like since forever?" would not be part of any conversation.)

Bottom line, you may never "bump" into her. And even if you had a phone number, it would just be way too creepy to call her based on a couple weeks of sitting next to each other in class and a few "hellos" after that.

Let this one go. It was a crush that you did not act upon at the time. Happens to most of us.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:22 am
@Randomguy354,
Randomguy354 wrote:
So here are my questions. What do I do? Do I tell my friend that I have a crush on her? If so, how do I tell him? Should I attend some events at my old high school that are open to everyone to see if she is there? Also, how do I find a way to bump into this girl?

Move on.

Do not tell your friend.

No - do not go to high school events to look for her.

No - do not find a way to bump into her. If it happens naturally, cool. If you search for her, you're getting into creepyville. Esp if you've talked to friend/s about her.

You're in college now. Go to college events, join clubs, talk to people in your classes, go to seminars in your area of study/interest.

Move on.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:11 pm
@Randomguy354,
They are way wrong. They forgot that she is the embodiment of your perfect girl. Search the world for her.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 07:38 pm
@Randomguy354,
I said that so you won't spend the rest of your life wondering "What if...?"
(If you "let her go" because some random people told you to. )
Randomguy354

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:49 pm
@CoastalRat,
I never talked about her with my friend
0 Replies

Randomguy354

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:51 pm
@Ponderer,
What would you suggest to do?
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 11:49 am
@Randomguy354,
To me this is your only option:

Quote:

Should I attend some events at my old high school that are open to everyone to see if she is there?

But I agree with this as Coastal Rat stated:
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that. And if you do happen to bump into her, there is nothing wrong with striking up a conversation. It may lead somewhere. It may not. Just don't be weird about it. ("Hey there Kim, did you know I've have a crush on you like since forever?" would not be part of any conversation.)

It will be a crap shoot whether you will end up bumping into to her. Anything else would be too creepy and likely to turn her off.

0 Replies