how to make sure that babysitter attend to ur child's needs?

eco488

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:50 pm
Confused Im a working mom and leave my child to a babysitter.When im away from i usually call to check if he'd eat his meal well,take his vitamins and medicines since he is an ashmatic child .Sometimes when im busy i forget to make a call to remind the nanny of my son's medicine of which she tends to missed .now,my question is how can i make sure that my babysitter will not forget my child's medicines,naptime,etc.without reminding her everytime? Question Question

[Edit: Moderator: Links Removed]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 9
No top replies

confused girl

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 05:38 pm
why dont you introduce a checklist?

attach it to the fridge or something and she can tick it off.

or maybe use an alarm setting. you know, like reminders on a cell phone.
you can set alarms weeks in advance, which will go off at a set time. if she carries one of these or there is one about the house, then she will have to deactivate the alarm in order to get any peace!

therefore she will also do the task.

once the nanny gets used to your childs routine and daily needs, she wont need reminding. it just takes a while. in the meantime, have a go at some reminders.
0 Replies

eco488

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:08 am
Great advice!!!
Thanks for that idea though i've tried the checklist and it didnt work out. Sad BUT..... Idea Setting an alarm on the cellphone would be brilliant.

:wink: you're a "confused girl" but your smart and witty.thanks again!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 09:11 am
To me, that seems like a basic requirement of a babysitter. If she tends to miss something so important, I think I'd look for a new one.

(Welcome to A2K!)
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:25 pm
no problem, i hope it works out.

although i tend to agree with sozobe, it is basic requirement.

however, as a part time nursery nurse, i have to say, its easy to miss things when looking after small children. its more a case of losing track of the time than forgetting it needs doing. we find checklists very helpful.

saying that, once again agreeing with sozobe, if the checklist didnt work then definitely either a stronger reminder or a new sitter.

its important of course, that your child feels comfortable and can bond with its nanny though, at whatever stage/age.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:40 pm
sozobe wrote:
To me, that seems like a basic requirement of a babysitter. If she tends to miss something so important, I think I'd look for a new one.

(Welcome to A2K!)

My thoughts exactly, Soz. Sounds like she isn't doing her job.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:45 pm
I'm marvelling at all the phone calls that seemingly are being made to check on the caregiver.

Wouldn't be accepted here (by the parent's employer)

If meals and vitamins meds and nap timing are that critical, perhaps it would be best to have a parent at home.
0 Replies

confused girl

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:16 pm
perhaps its not possible though?

how about a less strict routine?
that might help.

daily medication for your child's asthma is surely the only vital timing?
if the rest of the routine was less strict, then she may be more likely to remember the vital stuff.

*soz jus another thought lol*
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:23 pm
eco--

Either you are over supervising or your babysitter is underperforming.

I agree with Sozobe, Montana and ehBeth.

If your babysitter forgets to give medicine, she should be replaced--promptly.
0 Replies

eco488

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 04:33 am
I agree with you guys!!! i will talk to her to give her another chance and if everything doesnt work out well then i better find a new one who would do her responsibilities, and that would lessen my worries Confused while away from home. If only i can just stay home with my son BUT then.....we will not survive if only one is working in the family Sad

Thanks !!!

Quote:
Life is happiest when you are needed by others and can do things for others
0 Replies