What is "God" to you?

iamgodasyou

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 12:59 am
thanks, great question,

that's how I ended up here. I googled, "define god" , a few hours ago .... amazing ! I must say Google describes god pretty well ! .... It's us .

and yeah Merry , that was A+ , sweet .....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 08:52 am
iamgodasyou wrote:
thanks, great question,

that's how I ended up here. I googled, "define god" , a few hours ago .... amazing ! I must say Google describes god pretty well ! .... It's us .

Welcome to A2K. Have fun Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:32 pm
It's not about "god to me," but it's interesting to note that no matter which religion one believes in, they believe in their god with great devotion. It was interesting to see the devotion of Tibetans in their religion; they prostrate themselves on the ground where they believe have religious significance such as Potala Palace and the main temple in Lhasa. Some travel to Lhasa by walking and protrating on the ground for two years to visit their main temple.

Humans and religion is a given; it doesn't matter which god one believes in.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 06:31 pm
iamgodasyou wrote:

I assume you're referring to my early post of nearly two years ago, iam? Thank you for the high marks.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 07:54 pm
What is God to you???.

From what has been said so far.. it seems to me, that every answer comes entirely from the mind, it also seems to me, that as far as we can tell, going back into history as we know it. Man-Woman kind have only been able to do the same. Consequently… seeing we have the brain needed to do this it seems only right that I call upon the sperm wale who has the largest animal brain ( we are animals are we not ) that weighs about 9 kilo, up against a human brain that weighs about 1.35 kilo whatever he thinks… so do I. …
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 09:08 pm
God is an ancient term that referred to all the forces and processes of the entire universe as one singularity.

Some intelligent humans a very long time ago sat down and thought about it, and realized that if we reverse the process of understanding through dualism we will add up dualisms into singularities. Theoretically it is possible to conceptualize all dualisms as being functions of one singularity. The name for this singularity was god.

Another thing these ancients did was to personify great events and forces of nature. Over time people forgot that this personification is a narrative tool and came to believe that god was as actual entity, similar to humans in that it is sentient, emotional and intelligent, in much the same way that a human is.

The rest is, as they say, history.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:10 pm
a reply
God is everything to me. Everything in my life comes after Him. I'm, not reborn, nor brainwashed. His spirit has always burned bright inside me. Almost everyday I see his doings. No, I'm not crazy, just lucky I am who I am.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:02 pm
Re: a reply
alex240101 wrote:
God is everything to me. Everything in my life comes after Him. I'm, not reborn, nor brainwashed. His spirit has always burned bright inside me. Almost everyday I see his doings. No, I'm not crazy, just lucky I am who I am.

Is God just a concept to you, or an entity, or do you even differentiate between the two.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:14 pm
alex, I'm also curious in what manner you "feel lucky?"
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:45 am
alex
I would insist that you answer rosborne's question, since it is a matter of international security..
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:23 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
alex
I would insist that you answer rosborne's question, since it is a matter of international security..

And you realize, of course, alex, that this site is under constant Homeland Security surveilance. The future of the free world -- not to even mention your own freedom -- may well depend upon your answer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 02:51 pm
We all know Bush has private conversations with god; our lives, indeed!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:35 am
forums
I didn't want to create a rucus, when I had tried to answer the question"What is God is to me?" To answer rosbornes question. Words can't define one hundred percent what God is to me. God is everything to me. I've been blessed with a great life. I do apolgize if I caused anybody to be offended, paranoid, or upset.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:26 am
Re: forums
alex240101 wrote:
I didn't want to create a rucus, when I had tried to answer the question"What is God is to me?" To answer rosbornes question. Words can't define one hundred percent what God is to me. God is everything to me. I've been blessed with a great life. I do apolgize if I caused anybody to be offended, paranoid, or upset.

I think they're kidding you Alex. The only thing I was asking for is a bit more detail to your answer. Thanks.
0 Replies