It's started the PURGE has begon!

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:39 am
Quote:
Dissident Voices PURGED From Facebook & Twitter!

A recent purge by Facebook and Twitter of a host of independent media sites has pushed thousands of people out of work and has killed one of the most effective forms of expressing political dissent.
On Thursday last week, Facebook purged more than 800 pages and accounts, accusing them of engaging in “inauthentic behaviour” and violating Facebook’s anti-spam policies.

According to a statement released by Facebook on its website, many of these pages were:

“using fake accounts or multiple accounts with the same names and posted massive amounts of content across a network of Groups and Pages to drive traffic to their websites. Many used the same techniques to make their content appear more popular on Facebook than it really was. Others were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”
Now, the nightmare can begin!

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/441311-facebook-twitter-ban-dissident/<br />

FREEDOMS LOST!

More to come, well, to loose actually!

'welcome' to the New World Order!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,933 • Replies: 82
Topic Closed

edgarblythe

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:47 am
Born too loose
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:52 am
@edgarblythe,
what do you mean??
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:53 am
@OldGrumpy,
You started it.

Quote: "loose actually!"
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:54 am
@edgarblythe,
so?
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:55 am
@OldGrumpy,
If it's loose somebody ought to tighten it.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:04 am
anyway, apart from some very stupid replies, we are loosing our freedom, but nobody cares?
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:11 am
@OldGrumpy,
I told you to tighten it. What's stupid about that?
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:14 am
@edgarblythe,
tighten it???
lmur

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:45 am
@OldGrumpy,
You could always bite off your noose, to spite your faace.
0 Replies

livinglava

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:13 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

anyway, apart from some very stupid replies, we are loosing our freedom, but nobody cares?

Why are you defending what sounds like an abuse of freedom of speech to drive ad revenue? If they were squelching independent opinions, I could see your point, but if they are stopping people from organizing purely for the sake of manipulating ad revenue, why would you defend that?
tsarstepan

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
OldGrumpy wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I told you to tighten it. What's stupid about that?

It sounds like we need billions of gallons of gorilla glue or industrial level adhesives to fix this nationwide problem.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:08 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Ole Gropey doesnt do irony or litotes
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:01 pm
I did one a them purges once't . . . my innards was messed up fer weeks!
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:16 pm
Quote:
PURGE has begon!

Toulouse Lau-trine is hellbut too loose it all before it has begon is purgatory.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:16 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Why are you defending what sounds like an abuse of freedom of speech to drive ad revenue? If they were squelching independent opinions, I could see your point, but if they are stopping people from organizing purely for the sake of manipulating ad revenue, why would you defend that?

they ARE squelching independent opinions, don't you see that??????

what a strange world, and weird at top!
farmerman

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 03:45 am
@OldGrumpy,
You seem to think the First Amendment applies to FB.It doesnt you know.
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:32 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:

they ARE squelching independent opinions, don't you see that??????

what a strange world, and weird at top!

In the quote you posted in the OP, it didn't sound like that.

Maybe the solution is for them to make a page where you can search all the banned information; i.e. so people can decide for ourselves whether they are independent opinions or mass-marketed data with no purpose except to make money.
OldGrumpy

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:37 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
In the quote you posted in the OP, it didn't sound like that.

Really?:

Quote:
Dissident Voices PURGED From Facebook & Twitter!

najmelliw

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:54 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

FREEDOMS LOST!

More to come, well, to loose actually!

'welcome' to the New World Order!

20 years ago, give or take, you didn't even know it was a freedom gained, because it wasn't around! Anyway, I'm not too bothered by it. If I ever get a hankering to read the kind of content that has now been banned from Facebook, I'll just pop back into a2k and look up some of your posts... That should be an instant fix for me.

For instance, that 'thousands of people' lost their job over the ban of over 800 pages and accounts? Prrrfffft.

Aaah, see? Right there, that was a nice little fix on my bullshit quotient of my internet diet....