4
   

It's started the PURGE has begon!

 
 
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:59 am
@najmelliw,
so , you don't get it, ah well ok.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:21 am
@OldGrumpy,
You're the only one who doesn't get it. If they'd banned this **** a long time ago you might not sound like someone from the planet mental.
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 01:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're the only one who doesn't get it. If they'd banned this **** a long time ago you might not sound like someone from the planet mental.


Nope, you just showed, again, that you don't 'get it', because it is not whether it is '****' or not, if there is FREEDOM ( a word we will get rid of if we don't do anything!!), then '****' is also allowed. The criteria is, of course, not if you like it or not, because if it is, it isn't called FREEDOM.
In other words, you don't even get the concept of FREEDOM.
what you are talking about is 'fascism'! I hope it does scare you but I am rather sure it won't.
maporsche
 
  3  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 06:39 pm
@OldGrumpy,
I checked; all my Trump supporting facebook friends are still posting stupid ****.
farmerman
 
  2  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 06:50 pm
@maporsche,
an the rest are posting pictures of stupid cats.
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:58 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I checked; all my Trump supporting facebook friends are still posting stupid ****.


so? You think it will go all at once? of course not!

0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 05:17 am
This is the sort of **** that's being got rid of.

Quote:
More than 10 million tweets posted by suspected state-backed Russian and Iranian "troll farms" have been shared online by Twitter.

It has published more than 360GB of material to aid studies into how its platform has been used to try to influence the public.

The messages were posted from 2013 to 2018 and include references to the US presidential election and the UK's EU referendum.

In total, 4,570 accounts were involved.

Early analysis by the BBC's data journalism team indicates the word "Brexit" was mentioned in 3,789 tweets linked the Russian Internet Research Agency (IRA), nearly all of which were published on the day of the vote or afterwards.

However, the hashtag #reasonstoleaveeu was also found to have been included in the text of 1,092 tweets posted on the day of the referendum.

In February, Twitter told a House of Commons committee it had identified 942 Brexit-related tweets posted by suspected IRA accounts over the course of the entire campaign.

The BBC understands Twitter's figure included only original messages and not retweets, which the social network believes accounts for the disparity.

In any case, the Brexit-related posts represent a small fraction of the Russian-linked account's overall activity.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45894486
livinglava
 
  -2  
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 06:02 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:
In the quote you posted in the OP, it didn't sound like that.


Really?:

Quote:
Dissident Voices PURGED From Facebook & Twitter!



You posted this:
Quote:
According to a statement released by Facebook on its website, many of these pages were:

“using fake accounts or multiple accounts with the same names and posted massive amounts of content across a network of Groups and Pages to drive traffic to their websites. Many used the same techniques to make their content appear more popular on Facebook than it really was. Others were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”
Now, the nightmare can begin!

From this quote, it sounds like the main purpose of baiting for traffic to websites and misleading people into forums thinking they were legitimate political discussion forums.

What we need from facebook now is some clarification about what does and doesn't constitute a 'legitimate political discussion forum' and why.
OldGrumpy
 
  -3  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:21 am
and don't forget,

facebook, google, twitter and other extremely psychopathic organisations,

are, indeed, the PENTAGON, masquarading as private companies.

Now, if that isn't telling!
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:24 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
What we need from facebook now is some clarification about what does and doesn't constitute a 'legitimate political discussion forum' and why.


Why? It is soo simple! If it is mainstream it has fb's approval and everything else has to go!

wtf do you think own fb?
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This is the sort of **** that's being got rid of.


hm again, you even don't understand the concept of freedom, at all!

learn that first, maybe?
0 Replies
 
najmelliw
 
  3  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:34 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

and don't forget,

facebook, google, twitter and other extremely psychopathic organisations,

are, indeed, the PENTAGON, masquarading as private companies.

Now, if that isn't telling!


So they are restricting your FREEDOM when they take down pages on a website that you claim is being run by the PENTAGON??? Oh my. If you don't trust these companies, then you should be mighty pleased they are taking down their content. As a matter of fact, wouldn't absolute FREEDOM from CONTROL be achieved once EVERY Facebook page or twitter feed is taken down?

Please, try to get your conspiracy theories sorted out, so you don't start contradicting your own points...
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:48 am
@najmelliw,
Quote:
So they are restricting your FREEDOM when they take down pages on a website that you claim is being run by the PENTAGON???


website? no man, facebook, google etc itselve!
Quote:

Oh my. If you don't trust these companies, then you should be mighty pleased they are taking down their content.


duh? their content??????????????????

Quote:
As a matter of fact, wouldn't absolute FREEDOM from CONTROL be achieved once EVERY Facebook page or twitter feed is taken down?


yep, the whole softwar and hardware actually,

Quote:
Please, try to get your conspiracy theories sorted out, so you don't start contradicting your own points...


Where do I contradict then? It seems you don't understand what is going on, OR don't read very well. Maybe both.
0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 07:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

an the rest are posting pictures of stupid cats.


Ok, that's me. What, there's a moratorium on kitty vidoes?

Wow, somebody should have told me that.
0 Replies
 
livinglava
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 08:06 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:
What we need from facebook now is some clarification about what does and doesn't constitute a 'legitimate political discussion forum' and why.


Why? It is soo simple! If it is mainstream it has fb's approval and everything else has to go!

wtf do you think own fb?

Just because something isn't mainstream doesn't mean that it's quality discourse.

It's one thing if their goal is to squelch political diversity. It's something else if they are trying to squelch people who are abusing public discourse to make money or squelch political diversity.

Don't you see that political diversity and open critical-constructive discourse can be squelched in various ways. The squelching can come from either the owner of the venue or from users.

When the users want to squelch and obfuscate, they will accuse the venue police of being biased against them. If the venue police are doing the squelching and obfuscation, legitimate users will be the ones being squelched.

Liars always accuse honest people of being liars in order to squelch the truth. The purpose of lying is to get away with it and undermine others who are honest. There are many clever ways to do it.
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 08:16 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Just because something isn't mainstream doesn't mean that it's quality discourse.


I didn't say that and it shows, again, you don't get the concept of freedom at all!


Furthermore lots of words for saying nothing.

livinglava
 
  -2  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 09:44 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:
Just because something isn't mainstream doesn't mean that it's quality discourse.


I didn't say that and it shows, again, you don't get the concept of freedom at all!


Furthermore lots of words for saying nothing.

The question is who are the liars and who is abusing power. Maybe it is management and maybe it is users. How to figure it out?
OldGrumpy
 
  -1  
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:44 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
The question is who are the liars and who is abusing power. Maybe it is management and maybe it is users. How to figure it out?


that is very easy, just see who owns and controls them.

And there is this group that want to transfrom this world into a fascistic world,
that are the same people running facebook etc.

get the picture?
glitterbag
 
  4  
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:21 am
@OldGrumpy,
Oh for Christ sake, take a happy pill. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram are platforms with rules that people must agree to if they wish to participate. As an example, on this Forum, the rules say you must not 'name call', so if one of the members called you an @#$$&$#@, their comment could be reported. Depending on the offense you could have your post 'pulled' or get a forced week or two vacation. Freedom doesn't mean I can wander into your house uninvited and vacation for a week.........I know all the PC stuff is bothering the hell out of conservatives. But you still have the right to say any thing that comes into your head, just not if its on someone elses platform. Start your own blog and make up your own rules and you can then spread all the fear you wish.
OldGrumpy
 
  -2  
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 03:25 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Oh for Christ sake, take a happy pill. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram are platforms with rules that people must agree to if they wish to participate. As an example, on this Forum, the rules say you must not 'name call', so if one of the members called you an @#$$&$#@, their comment could be reported. Depending on the offense you could have your post 'pulled' or get a forced week or two vacation. Freedom doesn't mean I can wander into your house uninvited and vacation for a week.........I know all the PC stuff is bothering the hell out of conservatives. But you still have the right to say any thing that comes into your head, just not if its on someone elses platform. Start your own blog and make up your own rules and you can then spread all the fear you wish.


spreading fear???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Oh and your above posting is just one big rationalisation and nothing more.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 09:43:15