It's started the PURGE has begon!

farmerman

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 04:57 am
@glitterbag,
many people think these internet sites are governed by some "freedoms guaranteed in our Constitution" and they are not.
izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 05:11 am
@farmerman,
That's the least contentious thing a lot of them believe.
farmerman

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 05:41 am
@izzythepush,
what a scary bunch quahog rides with. "Their motto"
Ignorance was good enough for me pa, so its good enough fer me"
izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 05:46 am
@farmerman,
Ignorance would be preferable to what they're doing, which is creating their own paranoid nonsense.

It's like if the Inquisition hadn't just forced Galilleo to recant but they'd also made him rip up his work on ballistics and denounce the telescope as some sort of underground listening machine.
Setanta

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 07:17 am
@farmerman,
Indeed, they are private property. Your rights end at the property line, barring outright criminality.
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Ignorance would be preferable to what they're doing, which is creating their own paranoid nonsense.

It's like if the Inquisition hadn't just forced Galilleo to recant but they'd also made him rip up his work on ballistics and denounce the telescope as some sort of underground listening machine.

If what you're complaining about is the critiques of science being abused as a political tool, that is the fault of the all the academicians who turned higher education from a place where diverse ideas and opinions could flourish and communicate critically to being a massive group-think-tank for liberal ideology construction and propagation.

Science is good when it's value-neutral or when it is conscious and explicit enough of its own values and interests to question them; but when it becomes part of a large-scale business plan to replace coal with nuclear power, you can tell because there's no discussion of any climate solutions that don't involve economic stimulus.

In other words, you can clearly see that academic science is funded by the government, and that government knows it gets funding by stimulating growth and taxing it, so no one is objective about admitting their biased toward marketing new technologies and against cutting wasteful/unsustainable technology where that reduces economic growth.
izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 01:37 pm
@livinglava,
I wasn't talking to you. And I'd prefer it if you didn't run my words through your fascist wringer. Just because Old Grumpy is full of **** doesn't mean you've got anything useful to say.

glitterbag

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 02:13 pm
@livinglava,
No one asked a question about science related issues, the reference to Galileo was simply to underscore an absurdity. Or was you comment made to divert the thread into something else?
livinglava

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 02:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I wasn't talking to you. And I'd prefer it if you didn't run my words through your fascist wringer. Just because Old Grumpy is full of **** doesn't mean you've got anything useful to say.

I was just commenting on a post I read in the thread.
livinglava

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 02:39 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

No one asked a question about science related issues, the reference to Galileo was simply to underscore an absurdity. Or was you comment made to divert the thread into something else?

Idk, it gets to the point where I just read posts and respond where I see something I can speak to.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 03:29 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Bollocks it was, people like you don't comment you twist and lie. When you start a sentence with If what you're complaining about is you're just trying to put your words in my mouth. It's dishonest, and it's the sort of dirty trick your lot always gets up to.

I've not been talking to you because I don't talk to fascists, not only are their views quite repulsive but they're also quite dim witted. So take your cheap and nasty tricks and shove them up your backside.
izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 03:30 pm
@glitterbag,
The point shot over his head so he tries to promote his own brand of bollocks.
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 06:10 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

livinglava wrote:

Bollocks it was, people like you don't comment you twist and lie. When you start a sentence with If what you're complaining about is you're just trying to put your words in my mouth. It's dishonest, and it's the sort of dirty trick your lot always gets up to.

I've not been talking to you because I don't talk to fascists, not only are their views quite repulsive but they're also quite dim witted. So take your cheap and nasty tricks and shove them up your backside.

I hope you realize that when you construe me as a fascist in your mind, it causes you to treat me in a fascist way. The only way to overcome fascism is to have reason-based discussion that transcends emotion, especially hate and the will to destroy/eliminate.
RABEL222

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 06:41 pm
@livinglava,
Do you think even the facets roll defend themselves on this thread.
livinglava

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 06:51 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Do you think even the facets roll defend themselves on this thread.

I'm pretty sure 'facets' was meant to say 'fascists,' but I'm not sure what 'roll' was supposed to be.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:55 pm
@livinglava,
The best way to overcome fascists is to shun them which is what I intend to do. Take your religious bigotry and liberal conspiracy nonsense elsewhere because you're not worth the time of day.
livinglava

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The best way to overcome fascists is to shun them which is what I intend to do. Take your religious bigotry and liberal conspiracy nonsense elsewhere because you're not worth the time of day.

Shunning and bullying are both fundamentally fascist tactics. If you want to overcome fascism, you have to engage in constructive discussion across lines of difference. Only by respectfully listening to people and them respectfully listening to you, and then both/all sides reasoning with each other constructively does fascism give way to true democracy.
OldGrumpy

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:14 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Shunning and bullying are both fundamentally fascist tactics. If you want to overcome fascism, you have to engage in constructive discussion across lines of difference. Only by respectfully listening to people and them respectfully listening to you, and then both/all sides reasoning with each other constructively does fascism give way to true democracy.

Sounds good but I think it is also rather naive nowadays. Just look at all the political correctnes ( fascism), gender neutrality talk (childrens'torture), micro-aggression (fascism), safe spaces (fascism) and so on and so forth.
livinglava

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:33 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:

Sounds good but I think it is also rather naive nowadays. Just look at all the political correctnes ( fascism), gender neutrality talk (childrens'torture), micro-aggression (fascism), safe spaces (fascism) and so on and so forth.

Yes, well the antidote remains the same. Call it 'naive' or 'unrealistic' to expect to heal from fascism, but without healing, it will only keep getting worse.
OldGrumpy

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:41 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Yes, well the antidote remains the same. Call it 'naive' or 'unrealistic' to expect to heal from fascism, but without healing, it will only keep getting worse.

true, I agree there, I only want to say it won't be enough.

We need to turn our back to the very very very sick system run by psychopaths and criminaly insane at the top of this very very sick system.. Yes I am talking presidents and royality.