Does anyone remember the Mayflower club in Manchester UK?

Devilschilduk

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:05 pm
@MiTierra43,
It was my home from home. I came from Glossop to see bands there. I was 15 when I started going in 1981. I saw discharge anti pasti crass exploited conflict chron gen damned uk subs cockney rejects etc. Many bands. I remember sometimes new romantic types flickers I called them use to cause trouble but they often got fucked off. I usually attended matinee gigs but got to see a few bands in the evening. Got my tickets from Record Peddler on swan street. Awesome awesome days. This stuff influenced my life up to today. 😉😎😉
0 Replies

Devilschilduk

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:07 pm
@mcgateaublaster,
Northern Carnival Against Missiles in Alexander park moss side...I went too 😉
0 Replies

Syd957

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 05:23 pm
@ancient punk,
I remember the times when it was a - er...'West Indian club'. My dad was a taxi driver, working out of Moss Lane East from the mid 60's until the late nineties. I left school in 1972 and used to pop in there a few years later, with mostly suited Windies and skilfully-made up Irish lasses, most of whom were nurses at the MRI. Happy days indeed...and this is surely 45 years ago, now!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 04:37 am
@Syd957,
The post you're replying to is three years old. I don't know if they're still posting.

This is a predominantly American forum, not exclusively, there are others but not many.

I'm from Southampton, and I'm sorry but I've never been to Manchester. I've been to Liverpool, but that's about it.
0 Replies

Pagey

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:55 pm
@MiTierra43,
Saw both Exploited and Upstarts there. Remember Menzies upstart dropping his pants to **** on a plate so some **** would eat it in return for the backing poster.
My mates mum picked us up from Exploited. She came early and came in to get us. She got covered in gob....she gave me a well deserved slap when I went out.
UK Subs afternoon kids gig, group of ******* Perry boys having me n mate a hiding and we were saved by the Mac Punk mob....top days.....
0 Replies