"When it comes to chocolate, order dark, not white"

Synonymph

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:36 am
mac11, I don't like coffee. My husband loves coffee and prefers dark chocolate to milk chocolate.

CJ, my daughter loves Milka. It's too creamy/milky for me. If I'm going to have creamy chocolate, I'll have an Ice Cube or ten.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:44 am
Yeah, that's what I like: The creamy/milky taste where
every piece is melting in your mouth.

Fortunately, we just received a Milka chocolate
and Easter egg package, that probably won't see Easter Sunday at all Wink Too weak to resist!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:21 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
The creamy/milky taste where every piece is melting in your mouth.

But that's the magic of bitter chocolate... something that is solid and hard at room temperature softens and melts in your mouth.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:25 pm
I'm not that big on chocolate either. It's just another thing that isn't as good as cheese, as far as I'm concerned.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
Many places are now offering high cocoa bitter chocolate, sometimes from certain microclimates. Good stuff. Trader Joes makes a 70% cocoa bar.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:15 am
Godvia also makes a high cocoa content – it is 70% or higher – I love it. I have also tried high cocoa content bars that were 90% - that was even too bitter for me. I also tried some from Europe that were in the 80% range and they were the best.
0 Replies

lysieoh

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 03:19 am
[quote="D'artagnan"]I was going to ask that very thing, re white chocolate. What is it, exactly?[/quote]

hi,,,im new...i dont know the whole recipe or anything, but ive read that proper white chocolate doesnt have any cocoa solids in it, the thing which defines proper chocolate from other things
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:17 am
For my birthday, I got a nice little wooden box with chocolate from three different cocoa growing regions. The whole thing looks like a box of cigars. Now I can have a regular chocolate tasting. I tasted two different kinds only for the moment and they do taste completely different. Very interesting!

Dark chocolate is wonderful with red wine. Had that last night - I watched the Bridget Jones movie with a friend (female, of course), we had a nice bottle of red wine and heavenly dark chocolate that cost a fortune but was worth it!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:21 am
Mmmmm, dark chocolate.... I have a dark bar in the fridge with bits of almonds and cherry.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:24 am
hamburger and I don't care for chocolate
he seems to really avoid it
i'll have it one or two days a month
maybe

mrs. hamburger would break setanta's arm if he got between her and some good quality chocolate

i don't drink coffee
hamburger started drinking coffee in his 50's

mrs. hamburger and setanta are both coffee hounds

~~~~~~~~~~~

i do like an occasional (every 2 or 3 months) cafe mocha <small in a jumbo cup, with extra steamed milk>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
Chocolate and black coffee.... mmmmm, a perfect combo. Other perfect combos are chocolate and red wine, chocolate and a good bitter ale, chocolate and port.... I could go on.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:29 am
littlek, you're my kinda girl! :-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:30 am
We should have an official A2K chocolate gathering some time.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:35 am
Ooooh, very good idea!!!! I'll be there - wherever it is!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:36 am
heehee.

I had to go get my choccolate. One problem I have with chocolate here, is that it's too sweet. Even most of the dark stuff is. Lindt is good though.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:40 am
My husband and I once went to Hershey, Pennsilvania. We were driving from Wilmington, Delaware to Boston and wanted to see a bit more of the country and I saw Hershey on the map.... Well, I couldn't resist, of course. I loved the streetlamps in their main street - they are shaped like Hershey's Kisses. And I had the feeling that the whole town smelled like chocolate :-)

But to be honest - I prefer European chocolate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
I really don't like hershey's. But, we do have some good american chocolate. It's sort of like beer. I hate the american mass produced stuff, but I love a good many microbrews. I don't like our mainstream candy/chocolate bars, but I love some of the Newman's bars and the Pike Place bars and and... I also like lindt. A lot.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:47 am
Oh by the way, we live not far away from the little town were the Ritter Sport factory is. And I know it's hard to believe - but I have never been there! Man, how could that happen? I know they have like an outlet store there. I have to check that. That would be a nice place to go with my mother-in-law when she visits...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:51 am
Ritter Sport Store?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:51 am
oooooooooooooooohhhhh, I just looked it up.
0 Replies