dauer

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:44 pm
I think able2know is a good title. It has a nice ring to it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:46 pm
Enjoy...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:47 pm
JLNobody wrote:
You got it! I was trying to follow the rule: When you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

I was not directing the rules toward you... Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:49 pm
rules?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:49 pm
ossobuco wrote:
If you changed the lettering and number in your title I'd stop nattering at you, rexred. In the meantime I have a right to express my not liking your use of it.

I worded it Able2Know so people would wonder about the whole premise of this forum? Not in a negative way but in a way to open a discussion on what knowing is... That does fall within the boundaries of what is allowed to be talked about here? Thus, the name I will keep until (God forbid) it offends the moderators of this forum...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:52 pm
ossobuco wrote:
rules?

Rules, in so much that I preferred talking about the actual subject of the post and not so much my choice of wording for the subject...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:55 pm
I have no idea if the moderators would rule your use of the title as being against the terms of service; I suspect they would not. I am still offended by your use of the website word logo to promote your discussion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:57 pm
RexRed wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
rules?

Rules, in so much that I preferred talking about the actual subject of the post and not so much my choice of wording for the subject...

I have no quarrel with your subject. I quarrel with your use of the site name as the title - as you know, or I perceive that you know.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:06 am
ossobuco wrote:
RexRed wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
rules?

I have no quarrel with your subject. I quarrel with your use of the site name as the title - as you know, or I perceive that you know.

I used the site to provoke the answer... is not that the whole point?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:13 am
The gratuitous use of the site name is offensive, especially if it is your whole point.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:23 am
ossobuco wrote:
The gratuitous use of the site name is offensive, especially if it is your whole point.

Again, I ask you to take any further gripes up with the management not me.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:01 am
I used the title of this forum in the subject of my post out of a play on what it means. Out of limited personal experience here on this forum but mostly on the Abuzz forum I spent over 5 years conversing on Abuzz.

I woke up to Abuzz deleting nearly my entire contribution to the blog world in one push of a keystroke. During these times at Abuzz the ability to know was the majority of what I talked about... What makes a person "know" as opposed to just believing that something may possibly be right?

I was completely cut off from Abuzz and forums for a while when Abuzz shut down, I searched around on the internet for more forums. I came up with this Able2Know site (how ironic).

Here were many of the people that I had known from Abuzz and considered friends. I though what a small world indeed. Yet there is more new competition here and people are clicky and of course I have to start all over... People on Abuzz expected me to respond a certain way anyway.

I am just here to say I am able to know things too. I have an opinion and just because it does not conform to the general consensus does not mean that I do not know what I am taking about or do not deserve a place in this forum. I am nice to people till they are short with me, till they underestimate me... then, I speak my mind and call them on it. If they want to match wits, I am game...

It is not my intention to sew discord but to enlighten... but (as i wrote in a song) "changes come hard" and no one like a know it all... hehe Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:03 pm
I will put forth the understanding that we can "know" God... We can know God experientially and through the scriptures... When we see the world so opposed to the scriptures without even a basic understanding of them it just reinforces the validity of the Bible. When you see Christians spouting doctrines that have no basis in the Bible it just reinforces the scriptures necessity...
0 Replies

KatacqOnioj2

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:44 pm
All that we are able to know is that which we think we knew though more than likely ever increasingly question in doubt through time and that which we think we know to a degree of certainty through perception and experience. Albeit, the tinge of doubt lay cast like a veil over the potentially beautiful bride's face, whose name is reality, and many times we find the truth be quite ugly indeed.

Anyone like to apply for an annulment?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:01 pm
Since this thread is in the Spirituality and Religion section...I will respond to your comments coming from that perspective.

Religion...attempts to deal with questions about Ultimate Reality.

I have never seen any indication at all that any of the religious "explanations" for Reality...has anything whatever to do with "knowing."

Mostly, religion dreams up supposed answers...and the "faithful" merely accept those supposed answers blindly.

In the area of Ultimate Reality...we don't seem to know squat...and most of the guesses put forth by religions are, in my opinion, too silly to take seriously.

I hope that was of help, Rex.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:20 pm
KatacqÃ'nioj wrote:
All that we are able to know is that which we think we knew though more than likely ever increasingly question in doubt through time and that which we think we know to a degree of certainty through perception and experience. Albeit, the tinge of doubt lay cast like a veil over the potentially beautiful bride's face, whose name is reality, and many times we find the truth be quite ugly indeed.

Anyone like to apply for an annulment?

haha!

That is funny Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:38 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Since this thread is in the Spirituality and Religion section...I will respond to your comments coming from that perspective.

I have never seen any indication at all that any of the religious "explanations" for Reality...has anything whatever to do with "knowing."

Mostly, religion dreams up supposed answers...and the "faithful" merely accept those supposed answers blindly.

In the area of Ultimate Reality...we don't seem to know squat...and most of the guesses put forth by religions are, in my opinion, too silly to take seriously.

I hope that was of help, Rex.

You have always been welcome to respond in any post that I have made...

Although we often disagree, our conversations are enlightening for others to make up their own minds...

It seems the entire Greek philosophy was born out of the desire to find/understand/operate the spirit...

Are you saying Frank these religions specifically the Bible do not discuss the spirit or the idea of knowing?

You really have no proof that they are "dreams"... only your opinion, which is fine. In all fairness they could actually be historical events peering through a difficult translation... Or recorded events of rare supernatural phenomenon...

thx Frank for your comments
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:03 pm
RexRed wrote:
I will put forth the understanding that we can "know" God... We can know God experientially and through the scriptures... When we see the world so opposed to the scriptures without even a basic understanding of them it just reinforces the validity of the Bible. When you see Christians spouting doctrines that have no basis in the Bible it just reinforces the scriptures necessity...

that sounds good
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:05 pm
Frank,

To expand on what you have said here...

You wrote:

comment:

Ultimate reality? That is assuming reality is singular...
The Bible talks about heaven and paradise, heaven is one reality and paradise is another... We, here on the earth, seem to be in a reality that could technically be... paradise, heaven, hell or neither of the above...

But to say that concrete realities do not exist is to dismiss the character of reality itself and the all encompassing scope of infinite variety contained therein.

Is reality contained within the boundaries of perception or something outside of our understanding?

If we are to allow that reality is subjective then reality becomes myth but if we are to search for clarity then reality becomes law and justice.
If by subjection or laws, still, reality becomes a slave to mastery of intellect...

To seek the true nature of reality it must not come from a law or subjection but from itself. From the core of it's very own breath and character. So how do we get reality to speak to us and teach us?
Well we have to have the machinery to listen.. It takes rebuilding the radio tower so it picks up a signal of a different frequency... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:07 pm
husker wrote:
RexRed wrote:

that sounds good

Thanks,

The scriptures are a great mind opener for the world...
0 Replies