Aslan Maskhadov is a terrorist. Why worship him!!??

Salege

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:39 am
Aslan Maskhadov is a terrorist. Why worship him!!??
That's incredible! The same day when the whole Europe was deploring the innocent people killed a year ago during those villainous terroristic acts in Madrid, Spain, the local Chechen Diasporas organized funeral services for one of the international terrorist leaders Aslan Maskhadov killed the other day in Chechnya, Russia?! What an outrage! This man is a real monster! He publicly confessed he had been the organizer of many terroristic acts in Russia - among them blowups of airplanes and trains and the hostage-taking attack on a school in the Beslan city that killed 330 people (the great majority of them were children). When I was watching the funeral service for Aslan Maskhadov I was merely burning with anger! They treat him as if he is a national hero! But he is a murderer! A bloody murderer and nothing else! What is also very deplorable, some European politicians also took part in the solidarity demonstrations for international terrorism! I wonder why we condemn the terrorists who committed the blasts in Madrid and worship the ones who committed evil deeds in Russia?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 631 • Replies: 15
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:58 pm
Hi Salege

Stack Russian casualties against Chechen casualties and then, just for a moment, try to see how it seems from their perspective.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Peace be with you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:14 pm
hingehead wrote:
Hi Salege

Stack Russian casualties against Chechen casualties and then, just for a moment, try to see how it seems from their perspective.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Peace be with you.

That still doesn't excuss the killing of children in a school. That is terrorism plain and simple. Why is it ok to kill innocent people on purpose and get angry when it happens on accident? Isn't that a little bit twisted?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:19 pm
Ah, but Baldimo, I wasn't excusing it, I was merely saying that from the Chechen point of view far more of their children have been killed by Russian 'terrorists', and not by accident either. Thereby offering Salege some sort of explanation of why people would attend Aslan's funeral.

I make no judgement on the right or wrong of it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:31 pm
hingehead wrote:
Ah, but Baldimo, I wasn't excusing it, I was merely saying that from the Chechen point of view far more of their children have been killed by Russian 'terrorists', and not by accident either. Thereby offering Salege some sort of explanation of why people would attend Aslan's funeral.

I make no judgement on the right or wrong of it.

You don't, but you also know that others do. This is why terrorists are held up in certain places. Purposeful taking of innocent life is wrong.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:09 am
No argument from me, but say someone took an innocent life that was close to you - would you exact revenge?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:12 am
hingehead wrote:
No argument from me, but say someone took an innocent life that was close to you - would you exact revenge?

It depends on if it was on purpose or not. Here in the states bombing and such isn't an issue, but if some pedophile killed my children you can bet he would disappear off the face of the earth.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:43 am
Understandable. Sorry, I meant intentionally. Would you only exact revenge on a pedophile? How about a psychopath, or just some a*hole who was shooting at someone else in your neighbourhood and hit your child with a stray bullet?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:34 pm
hingehead wrote:
Understandable. Sorry, I meant intentionally. Would you only exact revenge on a pedophile? How about a psychopath, or just some a*hole who was shooting at someone else in your neighbourhood and hit your child with a stray bullet?

Since I am trying to become a police officer I happen to believe in the justice system here in the US, but for some reason I happen to find those child molesting freaks despicable. To target innocent children and rob them of there childhood is beyond reason and should be treated with civil punishment.

Now a psychopath is a little bit of a different story while they maybe just as bad, the law has the option of putting them to death as a proper sentence, and the same goes for the a-hole who opens fires on a street corner. I my case, since I do own several guns and do have weapons training I would try to stop the fool with the gun before he can kill more people. Good thing for me and my family I live in a neighborhood where guns fights are very unlikely due to the people in our area. Before you ask, I live in the burbs and it isn't a "rich" neighborhood by any means.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:38 pm
hingehead wrote:

Since I am trying to become a police officer I happen to believe in the justice system here in the US, but for some reason I happen to find those child molesting freaks despicable. To target innocent children and rob them of there childhood is beyond reason and should be treated with civil punishment.

Now a psychopath is a little bit of a different story while they maybe just as bad, the law has the option of putting them to death as a proper sentence, and the same goes for the a-hole who opens fires on a street corner. I my case, since I do own several guns and do have weapons training I would try to stop the fool with the gun before he can kill more people. Good thing for me and my family I live in a neighborhood where guns fights are very unlikely due to the people in our area. Before you ask, I live in the burbs and it isn't a "rich" neighborhood by any means.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:50 pm
I guess the point I was getting to is that some Chechens have been turned into terrorists by the turn of events. When a large group of a*holes with guns turn up regularly in your neighbourhood and occasionally an innocent bystander gets shot and you have no recourse through the law then the pressure is on to take things into your own hands.

From many Chechen's points of view their situation is not unlike that of the French resistance fighting occupying Nazis. Granted somewhere in the last 50 years it suddenly became OK for both sides to target each other's non-combatants. Generally speaking that is as good a definition of terrorism as any, but hey, it's not a black and white word. Or world.

I grew up in the burbs, in a country with a much lower rate of violent crime than the US and I was only a four houses away from a murder.

I would have thought your police training would have trained you against acting as a civilian against the a*hole - maybe things are a little different in the US, I guess the right to bear arms includes the right to use them.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:42 pm
hingehead wrote:
I guess the point I was getting to is that some Chechens have been turned into terrorists by the turn of events. When a large group of a*holes with guns turn up regularly in your neighbourhood and occasionally an innocent bystander gets shot and you have no recourse through the law then the pressure is on to take things into your own hands.

From many Chechen's points of view their situation is not unlike that of the French resistance fighting occupying Nazis. Granted somewhere in the last 50 years it suddenly became OK for both sides to target each other's non-combatants. Generally speaking that is as good a definition of terrorism as any, but hey, it's not a black and white word. Or world.

I grew up in the burbs, in a country with a much lower rate of violent crime than the US and I was only a four houses away from a murder.

I would have thought your police training would have trained you against acting as a civilian against the a*hole - maybe things are a little different in the US, I guess the right to bear arms includes the right to use them.

Trying to become a police officer and training to be a police officer are two different things. I am still in the process of trying to be hired and I am looking forward to serving the community more often then just on the weekends as a US Army Reserverist.

I do have a question for you? Do you think police officers are human? If you think they are, then you should know that humans have the occasion to act in ways different then what they have been taught. So training or no training people will act in uncertain ways when presented with extreme stress, and I'm sure the molesting of your child would be extreme stress. Would I really do it? I don't know but I feel as I would.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 12:32 am
I know quite a few police officers and am a descendant of couple of former state commissioners of police, so yes, I do think police are humans.

You mentioned taking out the a*hole before his stray bullets could hit anyone else, and seeing how this was a thought game (there was no stress involved) and your statement got me curious whether in the US citizens were encouraged to use guns against criminals. There was a recent case in England where a farmer shot and killed an intruder and I'm sure he was put on trial. And I'm sure here in Australia any firearm action would be heartily disapproved of by officialdom with cries of vigilantism etc.

I mistook your statement about becoming a police officer to mean you were in training - we have Police colleges here and I thought you must be at the equivalent.

Boy are we off topic....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 12:52 am
hingehead wrote:
I know quite a few police officers and am a descendant of couple of former state commissioners of police, so yes, I do think police are humans.

You mentioned taking out the a*hole before his stray bullets could hit anyone else, and seeing how this was a thought game (there was no stress involved) and your statement got me curious whether in the US citizens were encouraged to use guns against criminals. There was a recent case in England where a farmer shot and killed an intruder and I'm sure he was put on trial. And I'm sure here in Australia any firearm action would be heartily disapproved of by officialdom with cries of vigilantism etc.

Boy are we off topic....

It depends on where you live, I live in CO and we have what is called the "Make my day law" which basically says that if someone is tresspassing on your property and you fell that person is a threat you can shoot them. There are certain states in the US were you can carry a firearm out in the open and not need a permit. Some other states also allow you to carry a conceled firearm as long as you have a permit to do so and have approval from the local chief of police.

Quote:
I mistook your statement about becoming a police officer to mean you were in training - we have Police colleges here and I thought you must be at the equivalent.

No problem, I am currently in the selection process for the Colorado State Patrol. When done I will enter the academy in June and be done in January.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:25 am
hingehead wrote:
I guess the point I was getting to is that some Chechens have been turned into terrorists by the turn of events. . . .

I rather like the passive voice used here. They didn't turn into terrorists; they were turned into terrorists. Well, their cause is easy to identify with. Very easy. Their terrorist activities have cost them a lot of sympathy, which may have been useful to them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:50 am
Baldimo wrote:
When done I will enter the academy in June and be done in January.

<After three years in college, you can start as a police officer here.>
0 Replies