who exists?

The Pentacle Queen

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:16 am
lols mathos, but toss off.
also, yes my husband is great, and incredibally sexy even in his old age, and knocking on heavens door is indeed a very great song, but was originally by bob dyllan, who sucks rather.

yes i also agree with you parados, but there is one fault with your oh so brilliant agrument. you said if only i exist then what is my purpose etc... but if we all exist then what is all of our purposes?
life is meaningless.
If as you say, that if only i exist then my only purpose is to create others menaing they must exist, then how do i know this? it all comes back to the argument that i cannoit see inside the heads i have 'created' so have i actually created them or just created them in my mind???

agreed though, this is pointless.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:23 am
Where I am leading with this axlrw is that the world you have allegedly constructed should make you question your sanity.

If it is totally in your mind, why did you create rules about your construct that never change and then create other parts of it that don't fit an ordered pattern but disagree with you?

The physical world you created always acts the same. Things dropped always fall to the ground. The sun always comes up in the east. This appears to be the pattern of an obsessive compulsive. Everything must always be the same. If it is just your imagination why can't you decide to violate the laws of physics?

Then you create others outside you that disagree with you. You manufacture complex lives for them to fantasize about. You pretend to interact with them. This could well be considered psychotic. Since you created them why can't you see inside their heads?

Why do you create others? Is it an attempt to resolve conflicts within yourself? Doesn't that seem redundent since you can already be conflicted about an issue without needing an outside person to take opposing viewpoints. Do you create others to try to solve a loneliness issue?

The questions abound and the only logical outcome I see is that such a philosophy leads to the world being the deranged fantasies of a madman.

As for life being meaningless. Yes, it often is, but we all attempt to find meaning in some way. For many people meaning comes from their relationships, from raising children, from trying to make the world better for others.

Heck, sometimes meaning can come from tweaking the nose of a wannabe spouse of an aging rock star. ;-) Bob Dylan's version is MUCH better.
0 Replies

Mathos

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 02:28 pm
I would keep Zimmerman's name out of the print, there are folk on The Zimmerman thread, who would strongly disagree with you ! Oh Axle Rose wife would you be so kind as to define the phrase you used? " Lol Mathos, but toss off"

I am at a loss !
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 1 Apr, 2005 03:07 am
ARW:-

What does he suck?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:58 pm
spendius, use your imagination.

and parados, the answer as to why i would create opposing views is that the creation is in the subconcious, not the concious so therefore my way is my way and not my will.

mathos, i mesnt that I find what you sed amusing, but dont patronise me because i aint crazy!!!

is it just me or does it sound like im talking to a bunch of romans?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:29 pm
Quote:

Laughing Laughing

By the way, I created my first two girlfriends, but after they both left me I didn't bother making another. I just don't have the knack for that sort of thing. Smile
0 Replies

Mathos

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
axl roses wife wrote:
spendius, use your imagination.

mathos, i mesnt that I find what you sed amusing, but dont patronise me because i aint crazy!!!

Patronise you ? Really young lady, that would be expecting far too much from Mathos. Well of course your not crazy, any psychiatrist reading your comments would gently tell you that, just as he was pressing the alarm under the desk.
0 Replies

Eorl

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:11 pm
axl roses wife wrote:

Laughing

I strongly suspect the Peoples Front of Judea...or maybe the Judean Peoples Front....
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 5 Apr, 2005 02:42 pm
Eorl wrote:
axl roses wife wrote:

Laughing

I strongly suspect the Peoples Front of Judea...or maybe the Judean Peoples Front....

Simply monotheistic Dear Eorl, but do not let it worry your pretty head, ladies should be content in the kitchen ! xx
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Fri 8 Apr, 2005 07:23 am
ladies should be content in the kitchen my ass!!
not in the world i created mr!!

hey, i just realised this!!! I am god. if i created my own world then that makes me god!!
thereore when people say that religion comes from a feeling inside they mean this lieterally!! we are all god to ourselves!! whoa!! this is big stuff man!

even if other people do exist, then they still are a god to themselves, because they create th world as they see it, they create their own opinions etc. this means that when i spoke of theists being weak (the the agnostics reject fath board) it simply means that they do no like the world that they created then they project these wants onto a greater being that they make themselvses.

only a theory...

and for the last time mathos, im not crazy!! im normal, and even if i make up weird theories, then i dont let them affect my normal life. ok??
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 8 Apr, 2005 08:33 am
Quote:-

"this is big stuff man!"

What are you?5ft 4" and !30 pounds.That's the size of it then.Give or take a bit.
0 Replies

Mathos

Fri 8 Apr, 2005 04:16 pm
Chanson may have written these words for you Axl roses wife

A ring of gold and a milk-white dove
Are goodly gifts for thee,
And a hempen rope for your own love
To hang upon a tree.

Tell me, seriously and without mental equivocation ARW what is your normal life?
The man exposing himself on the bus is normal to himself
Its normal for some passengers to react differently:-
Shock
Disgust
Laughter
A thump on his nose.

But they all see their outlook as normal. Your not differentiating yourself from the crowd sweet lady.

Is that really a normal life?
0 Replies

extra medium

Fri 8 Apr, 2005 05:51 pm
axl roses wife wrote:

I cant see inside your mind, so how do I know you exist?

What makes you think you exist?

Can you prove it?

It seems arbitrary to choose that only you exist.

Prove to us that you exist.
0 Replies

extra medium

Fri 8 Apr, 2005 06:07 pm
axl roses wife wrote:

hey, i just realised this!!! I am god. if i created my own world then that makes me god!!
thereore when people say that religion comes from a feeling inside they mean this lieterally!! we are all god to ourselves!! whoa!! this is big stuff man!

axlrw,

This isn't big stuff. This is like teenage philosophy stuff. Believe it or not, your road has been gone down before. Repeatedly. By millions.

I give you credit though for being forthright and putting your beliefs out there. It may seem like no one in your crowd has thoughts like you, but take the world as a whole and its history, and...millions have thought along the lines you're thinking.

I'd suggest reading some of the top philosophers of history. Nietchze might be a good start. Don't know if you're ready for that though. Though you are describing a rudimentary version of his SuperMan thing.

Mixed in with the swampy junk, I think you're coming upon some great ideas.

Primarily, the idea that we do, to a large degree, create our reality.
Not 100% though, as you sometimes seem to suggest.

I do not believe I can change the deal about the sun coming up in the east every day. I didn't create that.

But in this world, I can create myself into being many many different things. You are right about that.

We create ourselves and our reality, to an extent.

Take that idea and run with it.

What is the highest thing you could imagine doing in this existence? The very highest? Go for it.

Too often we let others define us, our limits, etc.

The moment I realized that I had a huge part in creating my reality and my destiny, yep, that was huge.

But I think you exist.

Perhaps you only exist to teach me a life lesson, but I'll still allow you the value of existing, and I thank you for it.

I went a little far down that path you're speaking of once. Started thinking other things didn't exist.

Why not go play in the freeway? The cars don't really exist, right?
oops....I guess that was a mistake

However, I do value the breakthrough I think you've made; that the main thing holding us back in life is: ourselves.
0 Replies

Mathos

Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:35 am
Extra medium : - A classic ! I salute you Sir/Madam?
0 Replies

drowler

Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:24 am
Me n m kin folk impressed wid yer words duke. You a specil limey cos we seen some limeys n they dont talk lik that. But we sin sum in movies n we dont understand the big words to gud. Main thing I wanted to say is if n axl roses mama want t beleive she the only real thing anywhere who gives a s....t
0 Replies

Ethel2

Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:49 pm
Re: who exists?
axl roses wife wrote:
i have recently come to the conclusion, against my own will that i am the only person who exists. this may sound a little strange, but i have tried and i find it impossible to believe that there could be anyone else who exists apart from myself. I would like to know what other people think, and whether this is a regular belief, because at the moment my own thoughts are scaring my slightly, as if you believe that only you exist, then there is no way of coming to sensible conclusions over ethical and moral problems. There is no way to gauge right and wrong, good or bad if you take other people out of the equation, so how do i stop myself from becoming some kind of selfish monster???

If no one else exists, to whom are you talking?
0 Replies

imagine

Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:39 pm
or think about this...what if we're all truly the same person...we all have the same thoughts we just use them diffrently ...we're all controlling eachitehr on some level....so we all exist but we're all just one....does it really matter who exists even?sorry im just rambling
0 Replies

Mathos

Sun 10 Apr, 2005 06:56 am
drowler wrote:
Me n m kin folk impressed wid yer words duke. You a specil limey cos we seen some limeys n they dont talk lik that. But we sin sum in movies n we dont understand the big words to gud. Main thing I wanted to say is if n axl roses mama want t beleive she the only real thing anywhere who gives a s....t

Yale ?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:01 am
Quote:
this is teenage philosophy stuff

suprise suprise!!! im 17.

Quote:
if no-one else exists to whom are u talking

for the milionth time!! read the other pages!!

also, i am gonna read some other philosophers work, and if u thing nething is above me, then ill have u know im an a grade student!! im not a dunce, but i like using this website to put down radical theories to see other peoples reactions and to help me make my mind up about what i think.
0 Replies