It's time for "This is your life"..

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 05:59 pm
I for one did not go to my high school 10 year reunion. I figured what the heck for, if there was anyone from the past that I wanted to keep in touch with I would have.

Except that I didn't at least not everyone I wanted to. We all went our separate ways. Some went to college others like myself stayed behind with an insecure boyfriend and had two kids from him. Not to mention a bad divorce. I remember being in high school my senior year and thinking that in 10 years I would be a Psychologist... I was trying to stay afloat to pass my then computer class. My best friend was struggling with psychology and we were each others tutors.

Now fast forward to present day. I'm divorced and remarried with two children from my high school boyfriend. I finally got my act together and with my parents support got thru school. I have a wonderful career in Information Technology (i.e. computers) and a great new husband who treats me like a queen.

This is not were or how I pictured my life 10 years ago..

And as fait would have it, LOL Cool the only girl I ever got into a fight with in high school works for the same company. That is what caused me to put up this post, we see each other around the office and we do say hello. However one of us (me) grew up and the other is still stuck in high school. A lot of people in the office have told her and me that we look like one another. I just smile Smile and agree... Her on the other hand, she tells people not to be comparing her to me. It really is sad because she always thought she was better than anyone and yet she is at one of the entry positions in our accounting department. Life has a funny way of working itself all out.

Are you where you thought you'd be 10 years after high school? Please feel free to share your stories... Were you the bully or the nerd and did things change?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:51 am
Well seeing it has been more than 10 years after graduating high school I honestly don’t think I look that far into the future. At 10 years after graduation, I think I was pretty happy at what I had accomplished, expect I was not married and did not have any children. Not that I was unhappy about it at the time, but I envisioned being married with children about the age of 25. I was enjoying being single, somewhat successful in my career, owning my own condo and having enough money to do (within reason) whatever I wanted. If I wanted to go on a trip to Europe or the Caribbean, I could. If I wanted to splurge on clothes I wanted I could.

As far as who I was in high school, I would say a shy, quiet, studious type, but with a sense of humor. I wasn’t a nerd, but did well in school. I wasn’t the beauty queen nor the ugly duckling. I did not have confidence in my looks, however, I look back know and realize I was cute then, just lacked the confidence. 10 years later, I gained lots confidence and once that occurred I was much more popular with men. So I guess I did come out of my shell.
0 Replies