What is my problem?

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:10 pm
Ok, this is similar to many other topics about screwing off at work or being bored. Here's the deal. I've recently enjoyed being very busy at work. I like to have lots of things to do and enjoy my job when I'm actually working. Today, I have done absolutely nothing. Nothing. I have tons of **** to do. I just don't feel like it. I hate the idea of not getting my work done, but I just can't seem to do it. Is it just Monday-itis?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,078 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:14 pm
I think I have it too. The sheer volume of my workload is having a negative impact on my ability to even break into it. I have been doing internet stuff all morning - booking exams and whatnot and haven't really done much work at all yet today.
I am hoping after a bite I will get my act together.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:18 pm
Everyone does that sometimes. Even if you love your work, sometimes you just want to slack off. It's called procrastination. It's completely normal.

Of course, I hate every second that I have to spend doing about 90% of the meaningless bullshit tasks that make up my job, so don't go by me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:31 pm
Ditto for me. I actually did get something accomplished today – I wrote my resignation letter.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:33 pm
It is spring fever.
If your weather is anything like what we have here in austin right NOW.. you want to be outside like I do. :-)
I remember when i was working loooonnngg damn hours I would get the same way. I would sneak out side right in the heat of the sun and just stand there for a few minutes. It made me feel better and I always felt like a rebel because I stole out of the building with out telling anyone. That revived me all the time.
What about you fd? Got anything small like that you could run and do to make ya feel better?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:35 pm
Linkat wrote:
Ditto for me. I actually did get something accomplished today - I wrote my resignation letter.

Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:37 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
It is spring fever.
If your weather is anything like what we have here in austin right NOW.. you want to be outside like I do. :-)
I remember when i was working loooonnngg damn hours I would get the same way. I would sneak out side right in the heat of the sun and just stand there for a few minutes. It made me feel better and I always felt like a rebel because I stole out of the building with out telling anyone. That revived me all the time.
What about you fd? Got anything small like that you could run and do to make ya feel better?

I've got a box of girl scout thin mints.

The weather isn't even nice here. I'm just not in the mood to think about the things that I need to get done. Maybe I just need to go back to bed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:39 pm
tell your boss you are sick, pack those sinful thin mints with you, go home, turn on the TV lay down and induldge in chocolate.
Tackle the work **** tomorrow.....
;-)
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:04 pm
I really like shewolf's idea! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with you for feeling this way, FreeDuck. I call these kind of days ARD's (Attitude Readjustment Days) or MHD's (Mental Health Days). Sometimes we actually NEED them I think in order to just chill and let the world get by without us for a day or maybe even two. It's called taking care of yourself and if your head isn't in it today, neither will your heart be.

Go home and spoil yourself for the rest of the day. Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:06 pm
shewolf...my daughter is in Austin right now! Little brat that she is. Got a wild yen last week to go and see some friends there and just got a ticket and whoosh she was gone. Ah, to be so young and carefree again! Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:34 pm
Spring fever it is.

Today in Deep-In-The-Hearta it is sunny, cool and about 67 degrees. Yesterday it hit 80; I had to run the air conditioner. We got a little dry cool front overnight.

Wednesday I go to Buffalo for the end of the week; it's below freezing and snow forecast for the time I will spend there. I'll enjoy the cold, but on days like today we've got it all over you Yankees. Better even than Florida, in my humble O.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:39 pm
Count another vote for Spring Fever.
0 Replies