Dunno where else to post this question at.

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:54 am
I am almost 19 years old and me and my boyfriend are wanting to have a baby. I had been on the depo vera shot for almost a year back in 2002 and I quit backin Sept 02...but Jan 30 of this year i decided to get back on it. Its only my first shot and i dont plan on goin to get the next one. Is there anyway that i can still get pregnant with it being just the first shot. People have told me that the medicine hasnt got intomy system yet so its possible but i dunno. Could anyone help?

really wanting to get pregnant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 973 • Replies: 17
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:56 am
Any reason why you couldn't wait until it wears off? How long does it last, 3 or 6 months? Even without birth control there's no reason to expect that you would get pregnant immediately.

If you're going to have a baby you might want to get used to the idea of being patient now.
0 Replies

Princess2004

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:03 am
Ya 3 months my next one is supposed to be the middle of next month. I am a very patient person i was just wondering. ive heard alot of different things.

Thank you for your reply:)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:27 am
No problem. Good luck to you!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:31 am
Depo can take up to a year to completely wear off.
That statistic is after a good amount of use. I dont know if that time frame applies to just one dose.... but if it does.. you can just have fun from here on out TRYING to make that baby. ;-)
Good luck to you!
I wish you the best!
Having a baby is a wonderful thing!
0 Replies

chispita73

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 02:31 pm
Hello did anyone catch this???

[/QUOTE]
I am almost 19 years old and me and my boyfriend are wanting to have a baby.
Quote:

Why do you want a baby so young? Babies don't take care of themselves, they wake up at all hours of the night. They cry for no reason and need lots of love and attention, at 18 that can can be very overwhelming. Shocked Have you thought of how you'd support the baby if your boyfriend decides that it's too much to handel? How old is he anyhow? I'm sure you've heard this before but, you really do have the best years of your life ahead of you.

Shewolf is correct, having a baby is a wonderful thing and it should be planned. You should be married with stable home and career (income) of your own. Not with a B/F and at 18... You have so much to look forward too, what's the rush?!

Once children are here you can't give them back! Get a puppy...please.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 02:35 pm
I caught it, but since I don't know how mature the young lady is and the decision appears to already have been made, I didn't feel there was any point in diving in to that. It's true that most people at 19 are not prepared to be parents. However, everyone is different and I can see advantages to both having children young and waiting until 30 to have them.
0 Replies

chispita73

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:07 pm
Having lived that not with one but two children I know first hand how hard it is. Mature at 18 there is no such thing...

Even a 30 year old women fears having a child. It is the fear of not being a good parent, of being responsible for the life of a little person for the rest of both their lives. Waiting until you are older and having experienced true heart break and life's little let downs is more mature than making a decision to have a baby at 18.

Any two people can make a baby it doesn't take brains... But to raise a child takes the rest of your live! Good or bad, the parents carry the burden of the mistakes that the child makes.. We remember their first word, first step, graduation and we cry when we see them off to college... Some will cry because they can't afford to see their children off to college. Others will regret having been a young parent because statistics have shown.. if you are a young parent then your children are more likely to be a young parents themselves...

In my case, both my parents were well into their twenties and I was the only one out of 5 siblings to have children at 19. I love my boys but it has not been all fun and games. Someone needs to tell this Princess that she will NOT be the Princess anymore but rather a Mother!
0 Replies

Princess2004

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:07 pm
Thank you to everyone who has helped me out. Yes i know most of you are thinkin this girl is crazy and doesnt know what she wants...but i promise that i do. i have taken care of many of babies. and i knwo the amount of responsibility that comes with it. My boyfriend is 23 and he already has 1 child with another girl. and he takes very good care of him and her.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:28 pm
Chis,
I saw that too but her question was posed as more of a medical question then an advice question. So i answered accordingly for many of the same reasons as freeduck stated.
yeah. I question the age as well.. but life lessons are learned in some of the damndest ways. Having children is one of them . At any age kids can be overwhelming, too MUCH at times, and make you really question yourself and your life.
On the same hand, kids make you learn what love really is, what true patience means and gives you a meaning that you never realized you had as a human. That is a wonderful feeling at any age. :-)
0 Replies

chispita73

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:37 pm
Princess2004 wrote:
Yes i know most of you are thinkin this girl is crazy and doesnt know what she wants...but i promise that i do. i have taken care of many of babies. and i knwo the amount of responsibility that comes with it. My boyfriend is 23 and he already has 1 child with another girl. and he takes very good care of him and her.

Princess - It's not that you are "crazy" you just haven't got the facts straight. Your boyfriend is 23, and has a child with another woman. If he is so good then why didn't he work on that relationship for that child?
These are the questions you need to ask yourself. When you do just remember that your answers will be based on what he has said to you.

The other thing that concerns me is; you are 18. Who's idea was it to have the baby? If yours are you trying to keep him with you perhaps you are lonely? If it was his idea then you might want to take another look at it, is he the one trying to tie you down. Is he trying to control you? How long have you been with this man before deciding to make a baby? That plays an important part in choosing the right person to have a child with, just because he takes care of his other child doesn't mean he'll take care of more.

Have a baby if that is really what you want, I wish you and the child the best. Just remember you have to work at a relationship and at being a parent. Taking care of children doesn't mean you are ready to become a parent.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 02:10 am
Princess2004 wrote:
My boyfriend is 23 and he already has 1 child with another girl. and he takes very good care of him and HER.

This is the part that really makes me curious about this whole thing. Are they still together?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:48 am
I took that to mean that he takes care of his child and still has a good relationship with the mother. But who knows?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:50 am
Yikes...enjoy being a kid! You haven't been able to experience anything. You can't even drink yet.

Why do you want a baby? Honest question here.
0 Replies

Princess2004

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:48 am
sorry took me so long to reply to your questions..

No him and his Sons mother are not still together. He just maintains a good relationship with her.
0 Replies

Princess2004

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:50 am
I want a baby because i think im ready for that step. me and my bf care for each other alot......i have been takin care of everyone elses babies and now i want my own. i know prolly a stupid reason but thats why!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:27 am
It isn't stupid at all. Just that none of us want to see you regret in 10 years not having had the time to be a teenager and a 20-something.
0 Replies

shmookiedoo

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:58 pm
Did you notice any bad side effects while on Depro provera?
I was on it years ago before my hubby got the snip-snip. It was a nightmare when I went off it. Periods that lasted for weeks and weeks, mood swings the likes of which I never seen before. I thought I was going insane. Nasty stuff. It took well over a year before I was back to normal.
0 Replies