TV - Cable

gollum

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 03:11 am
I just signed up for cable TV service and had it installed. The installer told me that my pre-1980 TV is not cable compliant and so I need a new TV so that the cable cord can be attached. He left me with a remote control device to use after I purchased a suitable TV.

I then purchased a cable-compliant-TV. The delivery man installed it including hooking the cable cord to it. He gave me another remote control device that comes with the TV.

In answer to my question, he said that one of the remote control devices should be used for some functions (e.g., power on/off) and the other one for other functions (e.g., channel selection).

Isn't it normal to have one remote control device control all the TV functions? How can I bring that about?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 872 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:17 am
gollum, I went through the same thing recently. I suppose you must have a universal remote so that you can program it to do all the functions. I had my cable co. remove the box for pay channels because the reception was so poor. The man who removed the box, took the remote with him and I had to change the channels manually. When I got a dvd player, the remote that came with that was programmed by my kids to do what it was supposed to do, but I still have to use one for on/off and volume, and the other for changing channels. Stupid, stupid, stupid
0 Replies

KATY 4575

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 11:46 pm
It is possible to run your dvd player, tv, cd player and whatever else you may have set up in your entertaining area thru one remote, altho you have to purchase one of these and program it to recognise your various pieces. I don't know that u can do that for cable tv as well tho. Because its like a pay tv thing I dont think the remote that could run your tv and dvd and everything else that i am talking about would be compatible.

Hope that helps somewhat...
0 Replies