2 appropriate statues for Farmerman
2 appropriate statues for Farmerman

http://www.gnfa.com/2003Fair/mulepixwithplaque.pdf

and

http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us/childrens/johnny.htm
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 01:33 am
Hah!!! My girls could do better with Playdo (TM) and some kitchen utensils!

This is the statue of a real hero...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/images/v23/i2/p55_soviet.jpg

.. Citizen Farmerman leading the masses to liberation.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:21 am
The hammer and sickle
Mr. Stillwater

I find it puzzling that you would choose the communist Soviet Union's hammer and sickle held aloft by workers as a symbol for Farmerman.

BBB
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:59 am
No statues to erect, but a big fan nevertheless.

Don't ever get that laptop keyboard repaired, farmerdude. It's part of your charm.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:14 am
I've always been a big Farmerman fan. This thread pleases me greatly.

Now I'm just waiting for my damn fan club. Although, even if it does one day get started, I'll probably miss it entirely, especially since I only check 1 random forum every few days. Ehh, so it's best not to compliment me at all. Let's keep rockin' the Farmerman club instead.

Rock.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:00 am
Sign me up, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:10 am
Kickyman, When the hell did this crap start? Now cut it the F*k out. Otherwise Were talkin major lawsuit here. Im gonna contract the services of Ticomyah, jespah , and Joe from Chi.

This sudden notoriety fills me with a sudden realization. That, if Im noticed as a frequent habitue, I must really work on obtaining a meaningful life. I have a family , my dogs are lying here and one of em has taken up residence under my desk so I can warm my feet on her.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:12 am
Farmerman once saved my life! I asked a question about "terrific suggestions for lupini beans" here & received this response:

farmerman wrote:
LUPINI BEANS CAN BE POISONOIUS just like Fava beans. They have alkaloids, dont eat this stuff.

Shocked

(I didn't. I threw the nasty little devils into the compost!)

& this:

farmerman wrote:
I used to go to an Italian club in Pa where the old men would eat lupinis and fava beans. I was told that these two, if made improperly could make you very sick or , ulp, worse. I never eat stuff that has a "mas macho" catch to it. I learned my lesson from chewing tobacco with my friends in the 5th grade. we were chewing this Mail Pouch **** during recess and when we went back into school, all of us were blowing lunch and breakfast all over the place. Most of us didnt even make it to the batroom.

Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:26 am
I just read through the posts and Im actually touched. Even though someone will soon yell"GOTCHA", Im touched.

Now, lemme get back to the latest evolution thread , rosborne , a few others, and I are disemboweling a few Creationists. So, time to blow ballast and head on over.
msolga

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:43 am
And you deserve a fan club, farmerman! Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:26 am
Farmerman's all-round funny and smart in a no-nonsense way, and I like his style of, well, being. But one of my fave Farmerman posts is this one, in the You & Your Neighbours thread.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:29 am
And to put the time you're wasting on A2K in perspective, hey - you're not even in the top 50! Razz

Then again, neither is Slappy ... :-?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:37 am
Hey does anybody recall Morganwood and his "Thoughts while mowing threads"? Id sit there with my beverage and cheesie puffs just engrossed by his thoughts . Many of which were quite dark. I wanted to be someone who, instead , spread joy, like dog poop on a sidewalk.
Yep, thats what I wanna do when I grow up,
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
Too late.

(By the way, were you the guy who offered me hostas on Abuzz? I was just trying to remember that the other day.)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:42 am
Indeed I do remember Morganwood, farmerman. The last message that I got from him was a picture of his Christmas tree. I need to send him a message.

Incidentally, I would have quoted you on Young Adam, but cavfancier was on that thread, and I found that I didn't have the heart.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:53 am
Farmerman on the wonderful legacy of Ukrainian ancestry!:

farmerman wrote:
I speak very little, only some phrases. My grandparents always made fun of my efforts and , as you know, depression is an artform over there. so, I decided to concentrate on German and Spanish . F* em. I can speak a little more Polish than Ukey dialect. apparently Lvov was one of those towns that, since Vladimir Leschinsky, was under frequent Polish claims
However, even when he got to the US ,my grandfather was rarely happy , he always told stories of wolves eating kids and the Potwori and Czarnowicka that ate kids too.Alsohe seemed to live for funerals of his friends. He drank heavily because, as he said, his education wasnt wanted inthe US
Its amazing that Im always so damn happy , I think I made a conscious effort not to emulate my jadek. Even my own father was kind of dour
he was career army and later a railroad executive for a dying industry) So I looked up to my uncle Stash who taught geology out in uNM and was a really happy guy , kind of like Gabby hayes with a phD.
A cultrural shortcoming among us with Ukey background is , we like to talk alot and tell sad stories . in that respect Im not unlike others on this line, that is , we have members who can answer "How ya doin?" in a fashion that requires a table of contents.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18772&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:16 am
A wonderful, moving piece of farmerman writing here - about some very special elderly neigbours, Christmas & community.
(It's about half way down the page, under the cartoon):

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38828&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:41 am
farmerman wrote:
Kickyman, When the hell did this crap start? Now cut it the F*k out. Otherwise Were talkin major lawsuit here. Im gonna contract the services of Ticomyah, jespah , and Joe from Chi.

Sorry, I just wanted people to know about your greatness. I will now cease and desist.

farmerman wrote:
if Im noticed as a frequent habitue, I must really work on obtaining a meaningful life.

Wanna help me with my farmerman cat-poop statue?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:04 am
Kicky--

I just wanted to thank you for this. Reading over farmerman's stuff (someone I really admired already) has been inspiring, and quite interesting.

He must be one of the most multi-faceted members we have.

I do think it is appropriate for farmerman to address the Fan Club.

Whatcha been up to lately? Hows your art going? Any sailing lately? Possibly detail your more interesting forensics jobs...?

A sincerely admiring public would like to hear.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:23 am
No need for thanks, Lash. Glad you're enjoying it.
0 Replies