The A2K Farmerman Fan Club

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:20 pm
I just wanted to tell all of you who may not know. Farmerman is hilarious. I'm not kidding. He might not get the accolades that Slappy or Gus get, but I assure you, this guy is funnier and smarter by far than both of them put together. He is the real deal.

And that is why I am starting the Farmerman Fan Club here on A2K. Just check him out. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Over the past month or so, I have been fashioning a life-size farmerman statue/idol out of the leavings that I find in my cat's litterbox. It's slow going, but I have the torso and legs finished, and I am partially finished with the arms. I should have enough to finish the arms and head before the end of April. Once I have completed this labor of love, I plan on erecting this idol in the alley behind my apartment for others to come and look at, worship, and enjoy.

Farmerman is a treasure on A2K. Let us all acknowledge this and give thanks to whatever gods there may be for giving us this great man.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 6,549 • Replies: 64
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:35 pm
I'm joining you in the fan club, Kicky, although I have some misgivings about your farmerman scupture project. I suggest cleaning out your apartment, indeed the whole floor of your building, and making it into an urban rest spot for some of his sheep... Hmmm, how far are you from Central Park?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:50 pm
Yay! I understand your misgivings about the sculpture, but it truly is a labor of love, and I can not give it up now. Once it is finished I promise you will change your mind about it. That central park idea is also good though. The park is real close by, so I could get out there and bask in that sheep stink and think about the greatness that is Farmerman anytime I want.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:47 pm
Oh!

This is long overdue.

He's a sailor at heart (and likely in body), a bit of a poet, and a cook of sorts.

I think we should give him some shrubbery.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:51 pm
I have erected this statue of farmerman. Please accept it with my compliments.http://www.lone-star.net/mall/txtrails/crystal.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:53 pm
Oh, that is very cool, edgar! I love it!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:59 pm
Farmerman is a doll! A rare gem amongst us. I would indeed be honoured to be a part of his fan club! Thank you kicky for recognizing what a true gift this man is to us all! Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:05 pm
sign me up... unless...do i have to pay a fat membership fee to get into FFC?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:10 pm
I'll become a member of that one! Farmerman is underrated genius.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:14 pm
I'm in. Here... this should cover Dag's and my dues for the year!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:31 pm
Oh yes, he is a card. I brought this for him, remember the t.v. show "Green Acres", with Zsa Zsa Gabor and Eddie Albert?-

Green Acres Theme Song

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:28 pm
Fan club? He deserves a congregation.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:39 pm
Oh fer sure!

All hail the farmerdude.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:57 pm
I like his golden spiral, so I'm in.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:08 pm
Oops! Double posts....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:08 pm
I wish I could say something appropriate in pennsylvanian dutch?

I raise a glass tonight in his honour.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:00 pm
Kickycan, referring to the legendary farmerman wrote:
He might not get the accolades that Slappy or Gus get, but I assure you, this guy is funnier and smarter by far than both of them put together

First, to put things in context, a concrete block is smarter than me and Slappy, so that doesn't give farmerman enough credit.

I equate farmerman to a combination of Einstein, Voltaire, Edison, Jefferson, Franklin, Tesla, Sinatra, and just a dash of Jesus Christ.

The man has long been my mentor and the fact that Kickycan came up with a Farmerman Fan Club before me cause me great distress and embarrassment.

All I can do is stand humbly in line and wait for my official farmerman cap pistol and decal set.

This is a glorious day.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:57 pm
ALL>>>>>ABOUT>>>>>FARMERMAN!!!!

Check out the big brain on farmerman!!!

He was talking about mollusks or something.

acquiunk-An advantage of a notochord is to allow the body to run neuro-transmission and circ fluids and at the same time allow for larger size of the animal because it promotes an internal skeletal structure. Insects and exoskeletal animals that are huge are all sea dwellers. so, a notochord or vertebra was probably an evolutionary throw of the dice which later was found to have an adaptive advantage only when the organisms became free living fish or later went topside.
Not being even remotely an expert in paleo, i will defer to other theories which can make more sense.
remember though, adaptive morphological advantages can be "dormant' until eons in the future.
--------------------
!!!!!

More biographical stuff:

Ive been a physical chemist involved in mining crystal lattices. Im now a geologisy( economic geo and applied geophys). Ive been an artist (I even have a BFA that I earned to keep myself from going nuts a number of years ago)

I own and run a mineral resources company that develops rare earth and other metals . I also do crim inal forensics using engineering geology and mineralogy to assist in investigations. Ill do about 1 of these evry year or two.
I was a very accomplished professional drunk during a time I taught at university. (sober for many years now). So I can still run for president.

Also Im a partner in a sheep farm operation. My wife does all the work and serious thinking and I go around acting like I know what Im talking about.
an outdoors and fishin father with 2 kids that can handle themselves in the outdoors and are responsible hunters. (I dont hunt any more-no interest) My next step is to con my kids into liking art and photography.

Ive been obsessed with creating art that celebrates industrial scenes and catches wildlife in a moment in time (separately)These I do in a photo realistic fashion, and similarly I try to do very wet water colors I will do a painting over and over till it sez what I like. I dont keep any works that Im not pleased with. I usually burn them in a fireplace Lately Im experimenting with egg tempera. Still looking for the perfect container

I think I have gradually been spending more time on abuzz and lately on a2k. Ive gotta take my life back as soon as planting season starts.
---------
That really is fascinating.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:02 pm
Yes, that's the stuff, Lash. More quotes. I will look for some of my faves later, after I've recovered from the alcohol.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:11 pm
Quote:
My wife does all the work and serious thinking and I go around acting like I know what Im talking about.

Ok - I like this lot! Laughing
0 Replies