Where is the US economy headed?

ican711nm

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 04:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Al-Qaeda never established a 'sanctuary' in Iraq. You are comparing an inconsequential outpost of theirs to a major operations center; this is a lame attempt at justification on your part. We also could have blown the crap out of the base without invading if we had wanted to, we certainly knew exactly where it was.

There was no operational relationship between AQ and Saddam in any fashion, as the historical record has shown; invading Iraq didn't have any affect on Al Qaeda whatsoever, other than to bolster their numbers and add to their recruiting.

Al-Qaeda established its sanctuary in Afghanistan in May 1996 with about 100 people. By 9/11/2001, more than 5 years later, it had grown to more than 10 thousand people.

Al-Qaeda established its sanctuary in Iraq in December 2001 with about 300 people. By March 2003 when the USA invaded Iraq, it had grown to at least one-thousand people.

Clinton tried to blow the crap out of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan with air to ground missles without invading Afghanistan. Clinton failed to blow the crap out of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Yes, I agree for the umpteenth time, "There was no operational relationship between AQ and Saddam in any fashion." So what?

The USA invasion of Iraq resulted in the death or capture of more than a thousand of the al-Qaeda in Iraq. How did that bolster their numbers? More to the point, how did that bolster al-Qaeda's attacks on America?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:57 am
@ican711nm,
READ MY LIPS:

@ican711nm,
So you and "mystermeat" should read your own rants! You're both pitifully 2 racist and prejudiced people! No other response from me otherwise. You aren't worth me printing what I think.

....And this will be my last post in this racist, bigoted, thread. I hope you both are picked up for calling for the overthrow of this government! You are BOTH traitors of this government and of this country that has been overun with oil barons and corporate execs for the past 8 years that plundered the treasury while Americans went hungry, lost their homes and their jobs. If THIS is the America you prefer, count ME out! Go down to Texas and work for your master! You BOTH are so ignorant and pitiful.

Happy New Years to the rest of you who post here!
mysteryman

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 08:43 am
@teenyboone,
Would someone please show me where I have EVER called for the overthrow of the govt, or where I have EVER posted anything that could be considered racist in any way!!

Since teeny is so convinced I have done that, maybe there is a post by me that I dont know about
ican711nm

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 02:30 pm
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:
....And this will be my last post in this racist, bigoted, thread. I hope you both are picked up for calling for the overthrow of this government! You are BOTH traitors of this government and of this country that has been overun with oil barons and corporate execs for the past 8 years that plundered the treasury while Americans went hungry, lost their homes and their jobs. If THIS is the America you prefer, count ME out! Go down to Texas and work for your master! You BOTH are so ignorant and pitiful.

In other words, teenyboone, you continue to be unable to compose a valid rational rebuttal.
All you can do is libel those with whom you disagree. Goodbye, and do not return until you can rid yourself of your God damned bigotry!

Truth!
Quote:

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt
HISTORY OF TOTAL USA EMPLOYMENT 1980 - 2009

....Total USA Employed.....Change
Carter
1980…… 99,302,000………….. + 7,285,000
Reagan
1984….. 105,005,000…………...+ 5,703,000
Reagan
1988….. 114,968,000…………...+ 9,963,000
Bush I
1992….. 118,492,000…………...+ 3,524,000
Clinton
1996….. 126,708,000…………...+ 8,216,000
Clinton
2000….. 136,891,000…………...+ 10,183,000
Bush II
2004….. 139,252,000…………...+ 2,361,000
Bush II
2008….. 145,362,000…………...+ 6,110,000
Obama
As of October 2009 ....138,275,000.........- 7,087,000

0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
Quote:
New York Democrat Gov. David Paterson and California GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger are leveling sharp criticism at the Senate health care bill, warning that under that version their states will be crushed by billions in new costs.

Calling it “a tax on living” Florida Attorney General William McCollum is pledging to fight the constitutionality Obamacare’s individual mandate in court.

Thanks to millions spent in lobbying, trial lawyers are one of the few interest groups who do not have to sacrifice anything under Obamacare.

HOW ABOUT THIS SOLUTION TO AMERICA'S MEDICAL CARE INSURANCE PROBLEMS?

(1) Cancel all current federal medical care insurance programs!
(2) Permit the price of purchasing private medical insurance to be deducted from all income tax payments!
(3) Provide 100% insurance vouchers for the purchase of private medical insurance to all who do not pay any income tax!
(4) Provide lower % insurance vouchers for the purchase of medical insurance to all those who pay an amount of income tax less than the price of purchasing private medical insurance!

The price of medical insurance would probably decrease because of the increased competition among private medical insurers that this program would cause.

There are less than 310 million people in the USA. If the price of basic private medical care insurance were $1,000 per person per year, then the total annual cost to the federal government in either reduced income tax receipts, or in the purchase of insurance vouchers would be $310 billion.

Estimates for Government Employee medical insurance plus Medicare , Medicaid, and the current House or Senate medical insurance programs far exceeds $400 billion per year.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 05:23 pm
To end or at least reduce unemployment caused by the 1929 depression, both Hoover and Roosevelt increased taxes and increased federal spending on government entitlement and wealth transfer programs. Until 1941, that approach succeeded only in increasing unemployment. Then Roosevelt rapidly reduced unemployment by rapidly increasing the military draft, and by rapidly increasing federal government purchases of military and infrastructure equipment, facilities, and supplies from private companies throughout the USA.

Hmmm!

So far, Bush and Obama emulated what Hoover and Roosevelt did 1929 upto 1941. As a result, like Hoover and Roosevelt upto 1941, Bush in 2008 and Obama in 2009 have been successful only in increasing unemployment. Bush and Obama should have emulated Roosevelt's program in 1941 and thereafter. Now the federal government should instead be purchasing equipment, facilities, and supplies from private companies throughout the USA to improve America's defenses against terrorism and America's infrastructure. That will succeed in dramatically increasing employment.

At the very least Obama should dramatically reduce government entitlement and wealth transfer programs.

okie

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 11:55 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

At the very least Obama should dramatically reduce government entitlement and wealth transfer programs.

He won't because that is bribery money for his voters, his supporters. He plans to buy their votes to keep him and his ilk in office.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 01:04 pm
@okie,
It's bribery money, because all developed countries have universal health care, and they're all on the take.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 02:16 pm
@mysteryman,
Teenyboone is psychic. She knows what you would have posted if you had thought about it.

By the way, I don't follow psychics, so thanks for not quoting.
okie

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
@roger,
Its self fulfilling prophecy. She thinks everybody is bigoted and that the world is unfair, so that is her template that she accuses people of here. Such attitudes do not require evidence, it only requires "feelings," no matter how unjustified they may be.

It is virtually impossible to talk somebody out of how they feel, and convince them that they may be in error, which is one primary reason why liberals cannot be reasoned with very easily. Politics based upon emotion rather than reason and reality is very difficult to overcome. That also explains why Obama can screw up royally a long time before all of his supporters abandon him, simply because they have so much emotional investment in the guy as their chosen saviour of their political agenda.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:21 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
Quote:
Its self fulfilling prophecy. She thinks everybody is bigoted and that the world is unfair, so that is her template that she accuses people of here. Such attitudes do not require evidence, it only requires "feelings," no matter how unjustified they may be.

I wonder if okie sees himself from his own quote?
okie

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I broke my own rule and clicked on your post, ci. I see you haven't changed. Why don't you get lost, sir.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 11:18 pm
@okie,
okie, FYI, this is a "free" public forum. I'm sticking around, but you can lose yourself from me again by putting me on Ignore. Quit breaking your own rule FCOL.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 07:09 am
@okie,
See my sig line.

How ironic.
okie

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:27 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

See my sig line.

How ironic.

maporsche, your comment noted. As I said, I broke my own rule of ignoring ci and thus clicked on his hidden post, and succumbed to the temptation to punch back at ci. My apologies.
spendius

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:22 am
@okie,
I don't know why you have ci. on Ignore okie. A lot of his posts are quite amusing. Unwinian. (That's Stanley Unwin.)

It seems a pointless gesture to me. He is another human being and his inability to express himself logically is probably not his fault.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:50 am
@spendius,
This from a poster who doesn't have any idea about logic.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 12:08 pm
Here's a topic not many are talking about on a2k; the banks and finance companies bailouts may have saved us from a much deeper great recession, but it seems we're still living in lah lah land when it comes to the bad debt still on their books. Both residential and commercial property mortgages are still non-performing, and the banks have not written them down to market value. All this while they claim they are making "profit."

What gives?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:14 pm
@spendius,
Spendius, you don't know why? I got tired of the constant insults that contributed nothing to any thread in the way of any information or evidence. Actually, I view or visualize ci as a pretty decent guy that has grown into an old curmudgeon that has nothing better to do than sit around all day hurling insults at anyone that disagrees with his view of the world. I kind of admire his spirit and determination to stand up for what he apparently believes, but his posts just got to the point of being totally pointless and ridiculous. I think he bases his beliefs on some outmoded and wrongheaded generalities he has burned into his head, and he continues to believe them no matter the evidence that argues against his biases against conservatives and Republicans. I tend to think it is based upon personalities, perhaps because of people he knows, who knows. In other words, I believe his beliefs are emotion based, not fact based.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:18 pm
@okie,
All lies. I welcome challenges to "all" of my opinions. I just don't have any patience for people who want to post a zinger that has absolutely nothing to do with the content being addressed.

Try me.
0 Replies