Where is the US economy headed?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
The GOP tries to create crisis after crisis hoping that something will eventually stick.

The GOP are the ones who cut funding for the IRS; that resulted in the pileup of work for staff.

It's already been shown that there were no evidence of denials of republican organizations over democratic ones. NONE.

As with Benghazi, they continue to pursue an issue where there are none.

That's one of the reasons why the GOP congress has a 9% approval rating; the lowest in American history.

People are beginning to catch on that the GOP has gridlocked our government.

The funny thing is, that doesn't seem to matter to them. They have an obsession that they can't seem to snap out of.

They love controversy, and they're getting it.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yes, crashes are known to happen in the stock market, but they 'ALWAYS' recover. You say "revolution is a natural part of political organization," so what are you trying to imply as it pertains to the US?

Fomenting a violent overthrow of the US government is still a felony called treason - punishable by death! A legal overthrow is performed at the ballet box without disenfranchising the opposing view!

Ohhhh, BTW, just to advocate these actions by definition makes you unAmerican.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:52 am
For those who want to listen, James McMurtry tells it as it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWrqR_QFfg
RABEL222

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 11:50 am
@plainoldme,
You do know he is a liberal communist prevaricator. Rush told me so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 11:55 am
@BillW,
You wrote,
Quote:
A legal overthrow is performed at the ballet box without disenfranchising the opposing view!

That's not going to happen any time soon! We have too many people that support the Tea Party/GOP to see any solution in the near future.

TNCFS
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Is there a solution?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 03:29 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Is there a solution?

Stop believing and start understanding?
BillW

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 03:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
not a chance
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:05 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
not a chance

I can not say that I disagree with you but would it be wrong if I took Martin Luther King's position and say that I have a dream?
BillW

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
never
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:30 pm
@BillW,
Thank you Bill. I have been wrong about many things, I vaguely remember how I thought that political science was bad but now I wonder if it is only bad if it is used in an immoral way. Maybe it can be a good thing if it is in the best interest of the whole society.
BillW

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Look around you, it has got to be better than nothing. It has to be directed in the right way. Do you think children would have ever been taken out of the assembly line or women would have been let into the board room without a steno pad.

But, it has to be in the right direction. I think the SCOTUS session that just finished showed a lot of where we are today, there was a lot of good but there was also a lot of unbelieveable hokey.

Well, anyways - poly sci is just the study of, it isn't the "thing". You can't change the "thing" correctly if you don't understand the study of!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Stop believing and start understanding?

Understanding what?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:56 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Understanding what?

Understand this video... Wink Wink Wink Wink

spendius

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 05:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
You mean understand selected items which have been on your viewing list and which give you the jump on people who watch naked girls mud wrestling.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 05:29 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You mean understand selected items which have been on your viewing list and which give you the jump on people who watch naked girls mud wrestling.

No spendius you know very well that it was not about mud wrestling but rather about tactics as these that you may value.

RABEL222

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Isent this something almost all conservatives have done for the last 30 years. Telling lies every day untill they take on the aura of truth in peoples mind. When the communists did it we called it brainwashing. The republicans call it making a point.
Advocate

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:03 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Isent this something almost all conservatives have done for the last 30 years. Telling lies every day untill they take on the aura of truth in peoples mind. When the communists did it we called it brainwashing. The republicans call it making a point.

That is the truth in a nutshell. Too few people realize that.
BillW

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:02 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

That is the truth in a nutshell. Too few people realize that.

Especially media types
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:38 am
the economy grew at a faster than predicted rate recently it was announced today.....the Dem arguement that the economy will crash if there are any cuts to our big government is in deep doo-doo.

but look at the papers and we will bw told that the Repubs are out of touch and wrong about everything. Drunk