Where is the US economy headed?

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 08:46 am

The Cloward Piven Strategy

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." ~ President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 03:04 pm

Jacob Lew has been called in to explain economics 101 to Obama again.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 03:52 pm
Obama is far beyond Econ 101, which is why the American economy turned around about six months in on his first term, when his economic policies started kicking in. And even in Econ 101 you get Keynesian economics. Apparently most conservatives started nodding off in class before they got that far.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 03:55 pm
@MontereyJack,

Maybe on paper, but his actions prove otherwise don't cha know.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 06:14 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Maybe on paper, but his actions prove otherwise don't cha know.

Don't cha know how paper works by now? Even the paper you call money requires that most of us have faith in it and if we did not we would view it how you view Obama and it would have no value.

Now do you see where it is good to have faith? Rolling Eyes

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 07:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have faith in my fellow man and our capitalist society, but none in Obama
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 12:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Faith seems to be a term that is used by people who believe in things that they have no evidence for.

Do you think this video is based on faith or reality?

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 01:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
One thing about watersquirt; he's always WRONG! He makes claims that he can't even back up from the news he gets from FOX News.

Let's see; my funds are up by more than 12% this year. Not only on paper, but I've 'CASHED IN' more than many people earn "working."

Yea, Obama's doing such a rotten job, I want him to continue doing what he's done the past five years.
BillW

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CO2 wrote:

He says this only because he is told to say this, no thinking on his own - blind faith in evil!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 02:37 pm
Ladies, please, rest your sphincters!
Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
So then you accept the bad things also?
What about the almost 10% unemployment, six months in on his first term? Especially after he said it would never get above 8% with his policies?

Do you also give him the credit for that?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:47 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
What about the almost 10% unemployment, six months in on his first term?

Are you suggesting that a president's policies should reflect the first six months of his/her first term?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Six months into his first term? It took GW Bush eight years to screw up our economy!

NO COMMON SENSE.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Let's see; my funds are up by more than 12% this year. Not only on paper, but I've 'CASHED IN' more than many people earn "working."

Well I can not claim the same success as you but life has been treating me pretty fair even though I have a limited knowledge of the economy.

I have seen you state that economics is not a science but I do question if it is possible for it to be a very good pseudoscience.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
rl, Let me share some observations with you. These duo media folks are talking about "hyperinflation." I do not agree. It's because even though the stock market is increasing at new highs, most of that wealth is being held by the already very wealthy. The not-so-well-off 80% of the world's population are the ones spending money to purchase the limited supply of goods and services. There isn't higher demand of the limited supply of goods and services.

Many also have invested in metals like gold - in fear of inflation. That translates into less cash to spend on goods and services.

If you look at the long term bond funds, it's earning below the current inflation rate.

Those 80% of consumers aren't going to be spending more on those goods and services that's going to affect inflation. Why? Because many people who have enough cash are buying homes and cars - long term assets that are restricting their buying of other goods and services.

That's c.i.'s Econ 101.

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
rl, Let me share some observations with you. These duo media folks are talking about "hyperinflation." I do not agree. It's because even though the stock market is increasing at new highs, most of that wealth is being held by the already very wealthy. The not-so-well-off 80% of the world's population are the ones spending money to purchase the limited supply of goods and services. There isn't higher demand of the limited supply of goods and services.

This has been my observation as well. It is because the rich are banking their money that we are not seeing the problems that could arise.
Maybe I see it differently, Is it possible that all of this could come to a different head than what we are seeing now? I certainly may not be understanding what is taking place.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 06:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
In economics, anything is possible. However, I'm not into "the sky is falling" syndrome. Mr. Green
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 11:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

In economics, anything is possible. However, I'm not into "the sky is falling" syndrome. Mr. Green

crashes are an often seen part of capitalism, revolution is a natural part of political organization, and death is just as much a part of civilization as birth is.....no one however has argued that the laws of physics are not being followed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 07:33 am
@hawkeye10,
You wrote,
Quote:
crashes are an often seen part of capitalism, revolution is a natural part of political organization, and death is just as much a part of civilization as birth is.

Yes, crashes are known to happen in the stock market, but they 'ALWAYS' recover. You say "revolution is a natural part of political organization," so what are you trying to imply as it pertains to the US?

What's your point? We all know death is part of life. What kind of knowledge are you attempting to impart?

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:37 pm
Is This The Real IRS Scandal?