Where is the US economy headed?

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 10:53 am

Rolling Eyes ceci Troll is having trouble believing his success did not come as a result of anything Obama did.
The Troll can't believe his individual efforts and hard work got him where he is today.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 11:08 am
@H2O MAN,
Oh, out of the some 7-billion on this planet, I had much to do with "what I got/earned."

It helped a great deal that I was born and educated in the US of A where opportunities for our generation was one of the best this world had to offer.

That we're (my wife and I) in the top 10% of the world's successful folks were based on "my" efforts and motivations.

Governments can help or hinder individual success.

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,

You built that, but Obama says you didn't.

Good for you and your wife... **** Obama!
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 12:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You built that, but Obama says you didn't.

Being you have not been able to understand what Obama was meaning by that statement maybe, CI can explain the logical reasoning behind it in layman's terms so that you can understand. Idea
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

hawk claims I'm living at the "expense of the young." I'd like for him to prove that! Another hawk claim that belongs in the dumpster.

consumption has been done on debt, on the promise that the kids will pay the bill. a huge portion of your net worth would have never happened without that irregardless of your smarts and hard work. a sea of debt raises all boats, for awhile.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nobody cares about the kids hawk. They only say they love them because it's a socially acceptable affectation.

They are, of course, dropping them in the ****. Rather busily it seems to me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't have debt; what in hell are you talking about?
I can't help what other people or the government does. That's beyond my control!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:41 pm
@reasoning logic,

I know you don't understand what Obama meant
when he said "you didn't build that!" and I honestly
don't believe it's worth anyone's time to explain it to you.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:46 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Nobody cares about the kids hawk. They only say they love them because it's a socially acceptable affectation.

They are, of course, dropping them in the ****. Rather busily it seems to me.

true, but we claim to as we mishandle their up-bringing. we dont teach them how to get on in this world, we dont let them develop full and healthy selves, and then we load them up with debt that was not used to leave them a developed nation to boot. They are fucked.

But we did keep them from getting snatched off the street and raped/killed by a sexual deviant, so in our minds we did a great job....we proved our caring as well as our parenting skills !
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

when he said "you didn't build that!"

The evidence that supports your claim of knowledge is what? Not everyone has the same limited frame of reference as you "we are all different.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, You missed the whole sociology of what happened in this country from the time of the baby-boomers. That's when both mother and father went to work to support their family to live like the Jones's.

What they did accomplish was create the economic powerhouse of the world with only five percent of the world's population.

Nothing to sneer at!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What they did accomplish was create the economic powerhouse of the world with only five percent of the world's population.

we had accomplished that by the time Leave it to Beaver was on TV. It came as a reward for knocking over the Axis powers in war. You are off on who did the good deed by an entire generation.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
when he said "you didn't build that!" and I honestly
don't believe it's worth anyone's time to explain it to you.

It is a bit of a long explanation. Could farmerman have constructed that currach that is unstable in a swimming pool with the DIY tools, superglues, and a mains electricity supply. The unaided method is a flint knife, some bushes and a few sheep.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 01:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
true, but we claim to as we mishandle their up-bringing. we dont teach them how to get on in this world, we dont let them develop full and healthy selves, and then we load them up with debt that was not used to leave them a developed nation to boot. They are fucked.

I do not think that any of us know for certain how this will play out. If I were to guess "technology will continue to advance and sure some people may suffer a loss because of our mismanagement of wealth but I do hope that our social skills and technology may continue to develop to compensate for our errors.

What I am afraid of is that advanced technology is going to be so easily acquired that psychopaths are going to harm society to a degree unimaginable if our social skills continue to deteriorate.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
You really don't know much, do you?

Our economy got a foothold because the government provided the GI Bill to our returning soldiers after WWII. The war ended in 1945.

Leave it to Beaver started in 1957.

From Wiki.
Quote:
Answer
The GI BIll of Rights was one of the United States Government's most important and impacting programs of the 20th Century. It was basically the Country's investment in its own future. Before World War Two only the sons and daughters of wealthy families could afford to go to college. The rest had to do with a high school education. After the war millions of young men and women got free educations, partly as a reward for serving in and putting their live's on the line fighting for their country. This group constituted the country's next generation. And what an educated generation it was -- millions of them. They and their educations helped enormously in making this country, today, the greatest country in the world. If you don't believe this check back on what the country was like BEFORE World War Two -- and what it is like today!!!!!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Our economy got a foothold because the government provided the GI Bill to our returning soldiers after WWII. The war ended in 1945.

it was not brains that propelled us, it was that much of the world needed to be rebuilt, our production facilities were undamaged, and the rest of the world owed us for saving their asses(except for the Krauts and Japs, these people were not given a choice in the matter).

The GI bill was at best a mixed blessing...it drove the still ongoing University bubble which sucks up gobs of money without producing value, it was a critical component of the degrade of standards at the university, and it drove the entitled aspirations of the Boomers which eventually lead them to live large at the expense of their kids and grandkids.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're not listening! Reread what I wrote; those are FACTS of history.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Personally I think that you both may have just shared some facts do you disagree?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

the line between facts and indoctrinated propaganda is now so weak as to be practically non existent. you CI spout the approved story as it is taught, I give an alternative reading.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
The history is in the "pudding." You're only singing dixie without the music/content.

All you need to do is provide some credible source that supports your imagined contention. Simple.