The nuclear atom does NOT exist.

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:11 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Literally every atom is a nuclear atom.

Nope.

Quote:
It means having a nucleus often surrounded by electrons.

yes, but it can't and doesn't exist at all.

Quote:
I've got no idea where grumpy is going.

Well, that such a nuclear atom can't exist.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:17 pm
Quote:
The Case Against the Nuclear Atom, by Dewey B. Larson (North Pacific Publishers)

Since the beginning of the twentieth century we seem to have accepted, quite blindly sometimes, all experimental observations, whether they fitted into the general framework of Bohr and Rutherford, or not. Whenever they do not, present practice is to try and save the theory by adding further extensions and qualifications.

What Larson does, and with alarming simplicity, is to show that most of the “physical and chemical evidence” to which textbook writers refer, is equally consistent with many other hypotheses besides the theory of the nuclear atom, and is therefore no proof to any hypothesis. Where do we go from here? Bohr’s work was a marriage of Rutherford’s theory of the nuclear atom with Planck’s theory of the quantum. The decree that makes the divorce final is the abandonment of the last vestiges of Rutherford’s theory. All that is left is what came originally from Planck. We must go on from here, and the new atomic theory that replaces the nuclear atom must embody the quantum concept in some manner.

To all of us, steeped in the unquestioning adoration of the contemporary scientific method, this is a rude and outspoken book, which sometimes hurts. The frightening thing about it is that it rings true.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm
Quote:
His thesis is that Rutherford, in deducing the existence of the atomic nucleus from his bombardment of metal films with alpha particles, made a possibly incorrect deduction. Rather than a tiny, massive nucleus at the center of a frothy, electron-filled atom, Larson suggests that the experiment could be equally well interpreted as indicating a tiny atom surrounded by nothing except energy fields. Larson thus suggests a return to the Daltonian atom, a featureless sphere of the size we associate with what we call the atomic nucleus.
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:24 pm
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31uys8xQT2L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-Nuclear-Atom/dp/B0007DOB0U
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:30 pm
@OldGrumpy,
So Larsen has no proof of his hypothesis?
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm
@maporsche,
maybe read the book FIRST, before making any conclusions. that's a much more intelligent way! Wink
maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:40 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Nope. Your posts haven't succeeded in compelling me to consider your opinion. You're not very good at this persuasion thing so far.
maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:44 pm
Why do you suppose big-science hasn't caught on to this hypothesis after almost 60 years?

I would think that having a better understanding of how atoms function would be hugely beneficial to the scientific community (not to mention, be worth billions).
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:46 pm
Camlok...maybe this new (old) hypothesis could explain your issues with the 9/11 story?!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Nope. Your posts haven't succeeded in compelling me to consider your opinion. You're not very good at this persuasion thing so far.

Well, First of all I don't expect anyone to consider my opinion, and secondly, I am her not at all to persuade anyone. I am here only sowing seeds.
I am too well aware how deep most people's hypnosis or trance state is.
Hence, they can't be 'reached', but one day they will wake up and have the information they need at their feet.
maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:03 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Who are the biggest funders investing in this critical area of research?

How many hundreds of thousands have you, personally. put into this groundbreaking research area? I mean the payoff you should expect to see would be worth billions...literally billions.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:05 pm
@OldGrumpy,
I've got $10,000 looking for an investment. I know it's not much (probably not nearly as much as you've invested yourself, considering you've known about this longer) but I could probably partner up with a bunch of my friends.

Who would we send our money to help this research area?
fresco

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:05 pm
@OldGrumpy,
"I am here only sowing seeds"

.Nah...you are here to do a bit of fishing with what you naively think is attractive bait. You don't seem to have the brains to understand that the meaning of words like 'existence' or 'atom' are never independent of the context in which they are used. 'Existence' is relative, not absolute. 'Atoms' are functional entities for some processes and not others.
McGentrix

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:06 pm
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:
What is a "nuclear atom?"

Like a Uranium atom?

https://ibalchemy.com/2-1/

What do you consider a thing that consists of protons, neutrons and electrons? Or, are you hypothesizing that those things don't exist either?

I am curious as I am interested. What do you call what most people would consider a "hydrogen atom"?
maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:10 pm
I don't understand why you are so Old and Grumpy...you've been sitting on a POT OF GOLD for however long you've known about this.

I'd be Old and HAPPY-AS-****
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:30 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I am curious as I am interested. What do you call what most people would consider a "hydrogen atom"?

Simple, non-existent! At least in the conventional way.
What they try to sell in physics-class is bullshite and gobbledygook
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:31 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I don't understand why you are so Old and Grumpy...you've been sitting on a POT OF GOLD for however long you've known about this.

I'd be Old and HAPPY-AS-****

What exactly do you mean here?
maxdancona

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:32 pm
@OldGrumpy,
This explains why something as crazy as the Internet would never work.
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This explains why something as crazy as the Internet would never work.

As I have written before in another thread internet and these sort of things are NOT because of 'modern physics' at all! There is NOTHING made because of 'modern physics'! Nothing, Zilch, Zero and Nada!

They were invented long long long before there was any 'modern physics'

See my other thread for more:

https://able2know.org/topic/471344-1

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 01:50 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
"I am here only sowing seeds"

.Nah...you are here to do a bit of fishing with what you naively think is attractive bait. You don't seem to have the brains to understand that the meaning of words like 'existence' or 'atom' are never independent of the context in which they are used. 'Existence' is relative, not absolute. 'Atoms' are functional entities for some processes and not others.

hmmm, most people I would refer to the book, but in your case I make an exception. But I am afraid you won't even get that.