The nuclear atom does NOT exist.

Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:19 am
Yep, that's right. The nuclear atom doesn't exist, hence ALL the theories build on that very wrong idea are wrong, like atomic theory, quantum bollocks and what have you. Sound strange? well ok, but that is no reason to reject it.
The only question is is it true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,559 • Replies: 58
Topic Closed
No top replies

fresco

Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:49 am
@OldGrumpy,
So you will be refusing radiotherapy after a cancer diagnosis ?
OldGrumpy

Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:51 am
@fresco,
absolutely!!!!!

There are many better (alternative) ways, but that is not the issue here.

The issue here is that there can't be a nuclear atom.
fresco

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:05 am
@OldGrumpy,
No the issue is whether you are too inflexible to understand that 'realism' is a straw man. All that matters as far as theoretical models are concerned is functionality with respect to confidence in their predictiveness, and coherence with respect to goodness of fit with other models. Both of these aspects are subject to constant revision and limiting as new observational domains are opened up by them for human observers. Only a simpleton or one addicted to the psychological comforts of religion believes in 'absolute truths'. Which one are you ?
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:48 am
@fresco,
Quote:
No the issue is whether you are too inflexible to understand that 'realism' is a straw man. All that matters as far as theoretical models are concerned is functionality with respect to confidence in their predictiveness, and coherence with respect to goodness of fit with other models. Both of these aspects are subject to constant revision and limiting as new observational domains are opened up by them for human observers. Only a simpleton or one addicted to the psychological comforts of religion believes in 'absolute truths'. Which one are you ?

Errrrr religion???? I am not into any religion. where the hell Wink did you ccome up with that?

You make it way too complex. The ONLY thing that I am saying here that there is really no nuclear atom, it is impossible, hence all the theories build on it are very wrong of course.
Is that too difficult for you to wrap your brain around?
fresco

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 05:43 am
@OldGrumpy,
Your use of 'really' indicates you are a simpleton type 1.

Happy fishing !
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:49 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Your use of 'really' indicates you are a simpleton type 1.

Happy fishing !

Really?? Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm
@OldGrumpy,
So, what kind of atom does exist?
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
I don't know but it is extremely clear that the 'nuclear atom' as used in 'modern science' can't exist because it is very very illogical.

Take a piece of material. Now squeeze to 1/16 (or whatever) of it's original.
What happened to the material? What happened to the 'atoms'? hmmmm.

InfraBlue

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:26 pm
@OldGrumpy,
What material are you talking about? A sponge? A diamond? Water? If you're referring to size or volume, you may be able to squeeze a sponge to 1/16 of its original. Not so with a diamond or water. Wikipedia states that there is only a 1.8% decrease in the volume of water at 40 MPa, the pressure found at 4km ocean depth.
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
fair enough, take metal, or wood for that matter.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 02:13 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Yep, that's right. The nuclear atom doesn't exist, hence ALL the theories build on that very wrong idea are wrong,

The Buddhists say, "fundamentally, nothing exists". Of course they mean that in a psychological sense.

So I guess we could say that atoms don't exist and we could say Oldgrumpy doesn't exist, but they're both hard to ignore. I seem to bump into them every day.
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 02:15 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
The Buddhists say, "fundamentally, nothing exists". Of course they mean that in a psychological sense.

So I guess we could say that atoms don't exist and we could say Oldgrumpy doesn't exist, but they're both hard to ignore. I seem to bump into them every day.

I don't mean psychologically. I mean that the existence of a 'nuclear atom' is literally not possible because of the many inconsistencies.
fresco

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 12:45 am
@OldGrumpy,
"When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”

A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:16 am
@fresco,
wow! another ad hominem! Brilliant!!
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 04:59 am
I am more dumb for having read this thread and more disillusioned with humanity and Trump supporters.
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 05:05 am
@maporsche,
Trump supporters? what does that have to do with anything?
And "disillusioned with humanity" ? May I ask why?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 09:18 am
@OldGrumpy,
What is a "nuclear atom?"

Like a Uranium atom?
OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 09:30 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Like a Uranium atom?

https://ibalchemy.com/2-1/
maporsche

Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Like a Uranium atom?

Literally every atom is a nuclear atom.

It means having a nucleus often surrounded by electrons.

I've got no idea where grumpy is going.