Clubing??

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 05:21 pm
Hi all, so I have a situation... kind of.
So this past summer when I was in Europe I had the opportunity to experience the whole club scene/partying thing and I avoided it because I am an introverted person and like it didn't sound too appealing. Eventually I went to a party towards the end of the program I was in and I feel like that set the precedent that I will be more social in coming years and such. And I don't mind that, I did have quite a lot of fun at the one final party I went to.
Well, one of the things that always happens is that the group of people in the program always end up going to actual clubs during the program, including the guy I am talking to/interested in. So I would love just some general tips about that (it's not a gay club or anything, just a regular one but still). But the real problem is that I _can not_ dance recreationally. Like I am always too scared(?) to start and if I do I just can't stop like cringing at myself and its just a very uncomfortable position to be in for me. The next problem comes with the fact that there is a difference between club dancing and party dancing from what I can tell? I can't do either soo...
The reason this problem particularly bothers me is because I am a dancer. Like the program is one to become a certified choreographer, and I spend m days doing everything from folklore to contemporary. I'm really not sure how that works, but here I am. Not knowing how to dance, making a fool of myself if I try, and making a fool of myself if I try to avoid it. This all leads back to the thing that the guy I like and want to continue to talk to likes to club and party, so I feel like I should at least give it like a real try. However to do that, I need help with all the problems I mentioned before. plz help Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,236 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 05:25 pm
@bluepearl4ever,
Not sure where you are but ... check out nolightsnolycra and see if there is one in your community. It is a great safe space to get into recreational dancing.

Also look into local meetups that are based around dance outings.

Academically trained dancers can become recreational dancers. It's pretty freaking awesome Smile
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 05:42 pm
@bluepearl4ever,
The point of dancing in a club is to let go. No one at a club cares about how you dance. There is no secret and no skill for most people you just move around to the music.

Go with friends, and just start moving. I suspect that since you have done formal dancing, you are too worried about doing things the right way. In club dancing there is no right way, so just move and have fun

There is nothing better than letting go, moving around with friends who respect you and not caring at all about how you look. That is what club dancing is all about.
0 Replies