What has modern physics brought us actually?

OldGrumpy

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 09:11 am
And once again we see the stupidty of academic physics! it is really all a joke!!!

Quote:
Nonsense paper written by iOS autocomplete accepted for conference
New Zealand professor asked to present his work at US event on nuclear physics despite it containing gibberish all through the copy

A nonsensical academic paper on nuclear physics written only by iOS autocomplete has been accepted for a scientific conference.

Christoph Bartneck, an associate professor at the Human Interface Technology laboratory at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand, received an email inviting him to submit a paper to the International Conference on Atomic and Nuclear Physics in the US in November.

“Since I have practically no knowledge of nuclear physics I resorted to iOS autocomplete function to help me writing the paper,” he wrote in a blog post on Thursday. “I started a sentence with ‘atomic’ or ‘nuclear’ and then randomly hit the autocomplete suggestions.

“The text really does not make any sense.”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/22/nonsense-paper-written-by-ios-autocomplete-accepted-for-conference

Well, now we know officially that bollocks is accepted at Universities.

But...we knew that all along, eh?!

0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 2 Nov, 2018 10:39 am
@maxdancona,
David Milone - Diamond Cuts Diamond - "Do you speak, Just to Hear Yourself?"

0 Replies