Shep Smith: Journalists are not the enemy of the people

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 07:51 pm
None of that has to do with trump calling news stations "fake news" because they report fact he doesn't like.

Stick to the subject.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 07:54 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
None of that has to do with trump calling news stations

When you get your own forum you can control what is or what is not. Until then.......
camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 08:48 pm
@coldjoint,
When the facts don't go your way, same as with everything Trump says, conservatives play their patented game of dishonesty, flying off on inane tangents, ... .
glitterbag

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 09:18 pm
@camlok,
You must have advice for those of us duped by our corrupt and murderous regimes......should the truth seekers among us migrate to the paradise you live in?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 09:28 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
When the facts don't go your way, same as with everything Trump says, conservatives play their patented game of dishonesty, flying off on inane tangents,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 09:31 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
[ The issue isn't Bush 1's illegal Kuwaiti war/quote]

Then why did you mention it?
camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:11 pm
@mysteryman841,
You still some help with formatting.

Quote:
camlok: The issue isn't Bush 1's illegal Kuwaiti war

Quote:
mm: Then why did you mention it?

You are so clued out you don't even know that it was Professor Francis Boyle who mentioned it.

So the question becomes why do you, and the US media, always avoid the US myriad war crimes and terrorism? US journalists are the enemies of decent US citizens and enemies of truth and justice.

Why have you, and why have the US media, ignored the the planned genocide of the millions that the US government knew would die from their vicious behavior?

This type of evil would be continually discussed by USians if it had been some other country.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Why do you persist in these inane comments when you know that the US has committed these myriad vicious war crimes?

Quote:
The U.S. and U.K. “obstinately insisted” that their sanctions remain in place until after the “illegal” Gulf War II aggression perpetrated by President George W. Bush and UK’s Tony Blair in March, 2003, “not with a view to easing the over decade-long suffering of the Iraqi people and children” but “to better facilitate the U.S./U.K. unsupervised looting and plundering of the Iraqi economy and oil fields in violation of the international laws of war as well as to the grave detriment of the Iraqi people,” Boyle said.

Ibid

Three quarters of a million Iraqi children slaughtered, a total of 3.3 million Iraqis slaughtered by the US/UK and you make sick jokes.

There sure is a lot of death camp guard material within the US populace.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
.should the truth seekers among us migrate to the paradise you live in?

As you are comfortable with your governments slaughtering innocents, you can stay right where you are in your smugness.

Decent people might want to actually institute the big lie Lincoln bullshitted about - government of the people, by the people, ... .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:58 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

If name-calling and personal insults are fine, they should drop the rule, people can then make a new assessment of the pros/cons of the site.

Declaring a rule against name calling is the easy part.

I'm guessing we agree that Donald Trump is a bigot; and that it would be a little silly to pull posts that point this out.

I'm guessing we also agree that Setanta is not a bigot. But that there is a user or two on a2k who is.

So when is describing someone as a bigot name-calling, and when is it a valid observation?

Would you want to send out a team of volunteer mods (with wide ranging political views) with the responsibility to make individual judgement calls about when it's one or the other?

If not, what are the alternatives, other than either pulling it in all cases (even when it's justified and relevant) or allowing it in all cases (even when it's unjustified or irrelevant)?

All of that's a choice you don't have to make when someone just calls someone else an asshole or an idiot...
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The good thing about the US is its ability to admit its mistakes and make amends when possible. I speak from personal experience. During WWII, the US government put us Japanese Americans into concentration camps, but not German or Italian Americans. That was based on bigotry at its worst, but in the 1980's, the US government apologized and paid us $20,000 reparations to those who were still alive.

You know that is one of the biggest lies ever told, CI. Why would you even think such a nonsensical idea. Because you want to believe your chosen nation is good and righteous. Pure poppycock.

The amount of wealth that was stolen from all the interned Japanese was huge. The 20 grand "compensation" you talk about is a JOKE!

Quote:
No other government in this world has done such a thing. The US always strives to do the right thing.

Forgive me, but this comment is indicative of the stunning ignorance of Americans in general of what goes on in the world.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:09 am
@vikorr,
@cicerone imposter: The US always strives to do the right thing

vikorr: Shouldn't this read : The US always strives to do the right thing by its citizens and companies/corporations?

My guess, CI hasn't and won't reply to this.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I have not defended my actions in Viet Nam--as usual you become more hysterical and make wilder and wilder accusations--lies in fact. My MOS-s were field medic and medical records and reports. The Army Medical Corps did not drop bombs.

You defend the vicious US war crimes against the people of Vietnam by your silence.

Trying to minimize your participation in these war crimes just doesn't fly.

People who treat the war criminals who did drop the bombs, who did napalm the civilians, who did spray the Agent Orange, who played gook hockey, who raped at will, who planned and carried out acts of genocide - moving all the villagers into the cities and camps are as guilty of these war crimes as the actual perpetrators.

Check Nuremberg.
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:30 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
The left-wing social-liberal culture was a cultural bomb being dropped on the US at the time, which has been addicting generations of children to recreational drugs and sex in order to extract money from them as they burn up in desire-driven self-destruction.

Who are the perpetrators when children are seduced into a culture of self-destruction through morally-naive indulgence?

Some 3 million Vietnamese slaughtered by the USA, [not to mention Cambodia and Laos] untold numbers of lives destroyed, an illegal invasion that was solely an attempt to steal the wealth of Vietnam, there really isn't a word for this level of evil, Nazism doesn't come close, and here are Americans, whining as they always do about how hard done by they are.

The conceit is out of this world!!!
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Izzy has been virulently anti-American since he first showed up here.

This is a favorite trick of yours, Set and it's doesn't become you. Izzy does Uncle Sam daily, deeply.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:38 am
@camlok,
I volunteered into the Air Force because back in the late 1950's, jobs were scarce. My job in the Air Force was more potentially damaging to humans and our environment. I worked with conventional and nuclear weapons for four years. When I was discharged, I was a team leader (E4) on weapons of mass destruction. I'm not sorry or ashamed of my service to our country in the Air Force. My two brothers also served in the military. One served in Korea during the war, and my other brother as a physician. He believed he could have made bird colonel quickly, but I told him to get out and start his own practice, and that's what he did with a partner.
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
You shouldn't be ashamed of your service, you were and still are a deeply brainwashed gentleman.

You should be deeply ashamed of all the myriad war crimes, genocides, terrorism, rapes, theft of others wealth, illegal invasions of sovereign nations, ... of your chosen country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:57 am
@camlok,
Why should I be ashamed? I didn't have any part or control over those atrocities. You're an idiot blaming me for things I had nothing to do with. You should be ashamed of your total ignorance.
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why should I be ashamed? I didn't have any part or control over those atrocities. You're an idiot blaming me for things I had nothing to do with.

For the same reasons that Americans blame citizens of Germany. They had an excuse, their lives were threatened. You supposedly live in the freest society ever yet you all allow and seem to relish the myriad atrocities, war crimes, genocides, terrorism your administrations have heaped on the poor of the world.

Isn't the USA supposed to be government of the people, by the people, for the people?

German death camp guards never got away with the "I was only doing my job" routine.
mysteryman841

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 12:10 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
For the same reasons that Americans blame citizens of Germany.

I don't know any American today that blames German citizens for what happened so long ago.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:37:38