North of Boston, late March

paulaj

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 08:58 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Gus doesn't want to spend time with us.

What? I say, we flush him out so bad, that he shows up with a roll of toilet paper.

Anyone?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:21 am
...and chant gets louder...
[size=7]Gus[/size]
Gus
Gus
Gus
Gus!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:26 am
George wrote:
[size=7]Gus[/size]
Gus
Gus
Gus
Gus!

I like that. It's passionate.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:43 am
Tell you what, I promise I will go, if Gus shows up with a roll of toilet paper, with a bow on it, for me.

I don't think that I'm asking for to much here. It's a practical gift, it has many applications. I think it would be a fitting memento for the ultimate A2K flushing.
Granted, I won't be the type of gift that I can carry in my purse, or wear it around my neck (or could I ?)

Hmm, I know a jeweler who might be able to make a nice brooch out of it. If Gus was feeling particularly generous that day, maybe he could bring 2 rolls, I could use a new pair of earrings.

Let's give him time to digest all of this.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:48 am
I'd go.. but I live south of boston in Braintree and I have no clue how to get to Burlington and I am really bad with directions... But I want to meet everybody and see what they are like!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:54 am
Hey Crazie, you can get yourself a map book, I like owning one because they have maps of towns, and streets, sometimes people don't always give good directions, so the book is a nice back-up.

You can find these books at Barnes & Noble, around $10, it's a wise investment.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:58 am
I tried reading a map once, I must of read it backwards... we were going to the cape and I took us to other side that we needed to be at... it was bad and we arrived a few hours late to check into to the place we were staying... I usually stick with mapquest but when it says the highway numbers I get lost with that 2.. if we are taking trips, my boyfriend won't let me drive anymore...lol.. besides I am shy and I might be one of the youngest people there.. I can't even drink yet so it would be pointless for me to go (not saying that u guys drink alot or anything... but it would be awkward)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:26 am
Crazy, I hear alot of excuses but not one good reason. I won't be drinking.

If I can can read a map so can you. Try this, purchase one of those books for the area you live in, read it at home at your leisure (man is best when at play), so you don't get stressed out from trying to drive and read a map at the same time. Start with the street you live on as a marker, and follow a route or street that your familiar with, to a location/destination that you have been to.

The back of the book has the town names, and all of the streets in the that town, it will give you a page # and a letter and # next to the street name.

You can do it me dear.

This will be like down-loading a map reading training session in your head, it just takes a little practice.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
I am full of excuses... I am a shy person... as much as I love to meet new people.. I have bad luck and something always goes wrong... I make a fool out of myself or bore everyone or something... but honestly I would be too scared to go because of my boyfriend... he wouldn't be happy if he found out and I can't just be like.. hey I am going to this place tonight for no reason!! I am a wussy
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 08:21 am
Well, we still need to decide which evening, the 28th or the 29th. At this point, either works for me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:21 am
Craizie - just get onto 95 and head north, there will be signs for burlington after you cross under rte 2.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:39 am
Sad Cinnesthesia, tell me when your plane crosses over so I can stand outside and wave.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:51 pm
Zane, no one expects you to make such a long trip.
...But if you do, could you swing over and pick up gust o' ratzenhofer?

[size=8]I didn't tell you about the layover, did I?[/size]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 07:04 pm
oooohooooo!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 09:30 am
Burlington is good, I work not too far from the mall (no, I don't work in the mall).

If we go right after work, I can go but I think RP can't as he wouldn't have transport.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 12:44 pm
Jespah, nobody's suggesting you work IN the mall....

After all, driving around the parking lot in the security truck isn't technically working in the mall.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:24 am
Me too-crazylady! I am south of Boston right next door to crazielady, but even so with two kids and working full time even in Braintree it may be difficult for me to meet. I would love to do a lunch in Boston or even one during the week when I have the kids in school and have a day off elsewhere. Actually I have relatives visiting the last week of March so no matter where or when I wouldn’t be able to make it.

I used to live not too far from the Burlington area and it is actually a great place to meet as there are many places right near the mall that is easy access to the highway.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:56 am
Linkat you live in Braintree??

Is everyone still planning on meeting?? I think I'd like to come now!
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:27 am
Definitely.
Time to start working on a plan.

1. Who will be able to make it?

2. Which day is better, Monday, March 28 or Tuesday March 29?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:55 am
Doesn't matter.. to me... actually tues. might be better.....
0 Replies